Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

There was a reason City bought Phillips. When fully fit and motivated he’s a good player. As long as the wages aren’t ridiculous then it makes sense to add another body into central midfield especially if Onana is going. We got lucky last season that injuries between Onana Garner and Gueye weren’t too bad, but if one of them received a big one we’d be relying on Gueye every match.

Phillips, plus more minutes for a youth player either Onyango or Warrington if they can step up, plus a replacement for Onana would leave us in an ok position in centre mid and might help us in the PSR position.

Fans say we dont need a new owner who's minted/willing to sign cheques yet complain when we're rummaging through the bargain bin on loans and cheap signings.

Unfortunately this summer will be one of little to no expenditure. Phillips on loan is likely the best we can hope for. The fans need to accept reality now otherwise its going to be a very long summer of teeth gnashing for them.

On his day he is a fine player. Dyche/Goodison Park will revitalise his career I am sure of it.

Fans say we dont need a new owner who's minted/willing to sign cheques yet complain when we're rummaging through the bargain bin on loans and cheap signings.

Unfortunately this summer will be one of little to no expenditure. Phillips on loan is likely the best we can hope for. The fans need to accept reality now otherwise its going to be a very long summer of teeth gnashing for them.

On his day he is a fine player. Dyche/Goodison Park will revitalise his career I am sure of it.

On his day...of which the last was 2020-21. Wasn't Moyes and West Ham meant to revitalise his career?

Harrison and Phillips on loan would be slightly underwhelming but I could see it happening.

Phillips can clearly play but we haven't seen it now in 2 - 3 years. Would be a big gamble to see if he can re-find the form that got him the move in the first place. It's not a move I would make but I could see Dyche wanting him.
Team him up with Dele. Back to the future fc.

Look its not who any of us want all things being equal would rather some south american for 35 million wouldnt we but your living in dream land if you think the likes of harrison and phillips arent worth a loan

We are in a absolute mess and next season alls we need to do is stay up, lets not pretend this is the reality and bare this in mind when transfers are mentioned

I think Phillips would be an astute addition. A proper Moyes type signing - fallen off at his last club City, performed poor in a West Ham side he wasn't really too well suited too, but has shown he can do it to a high standard previously.

Phillips, is one of those that will fit Dyche big time, you look at what he did for Leeds and has done for England, and if that Phillips turns up it would be a solid addition. He's fantastic without the ball, but can also be trusted with the ball too.

People need to be realistic, even when we sell players for larger sums, it's not going to be like for like replacements. Loan signings for Phillips an Harrison, if they could be sealed this early on, would be fantastic punctuality from KT.

We always moan players turn up with little to no pre-season to go, if we can get these two in now, then it would be great to know to some extent what the manager is working with, and it gives Dyche every opportunity to work with Phillips to get him seamless transitioned into the side tactically and physically.

Phillips was class for England and Leeds a couple of years ago and he’s still only 28. Get him in for half his massive wage, get him fit and he walks into our team. Think he’s suffered from his big move not working out, and we’re in such a dire financial situation we need to be taking risks on players with his quality. On loan it’s hardly even an “Everton” level risk I.E Dele.

Along with Rice he was the cornerstone of the last Euros for England.

He's lost his way a bit, but this would be a great signing for us if it comes off.

Ild love to see Garner find a partner in MF and start influence games the way I think he can. He shows glimpses of it but nowhere near enough. Big season for him coming up and having Phillips around him would be a good foil.

Phillips was class for England and Leeds a couple of years ago and he’s still only 28. Get him in for half his massive wage, get him fit and he walks into our team. Think he’s suffered from his big move not working out, and we’re in such a dire financial situation we need to be taking risks on players with his quality. On loan it’s hardly even an “Everton” level risk I.E Dele.

Half his massive wage is £120k a week. That’s too much.

“Phillips still has four-and-a-half years left on his £150,000-a-week contract, and City were resigned to paying a huge chunk of that to smooth an exit path.
“Yet City insiders claim the player is ready to accept around half that figure to get his career moving in the right direction again.”
Despite the Hammers covering Phillips' salary and paying a hefty loan fee, the midfielder played just 10 times in all competitions and was guilty of making several errors.

Your move boss.

Someone wants back in...

IMG_7291.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back