Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Leeds are crap mate.

Apart from Gnonto.

He's only 20 - for the right fee, you shouldn't lose money on him.

He progresses the ball well, always looks forward and wins loads of free kicks which Sean Dyches big grocks would score from.

I mentioned to @Eggs he wins a lot of free kicks and this football hipster graph seems to reaffirm that.

View attachment 258802

I may be biased becuase I really rate him but I'd rather have taken Summerville than Gnonto. Wonderful footballer Summerville.

Although Gnonto may be more efficient in that "off the striker role".

if you want to focus on the facts then these are the facts

22/23 season - turnover was £172.155 mil and operating expenses were £302.615 mil

the club is operating at a loss last season at exactly 130.46 mil before player trading

if we remove player trading from the equation then that means over the course of 3 seasons at this rate, the club will be operating at a loss of 391.38 mil

under the current rules a club cannot make a loss of over 105 mil over 3 seasons

taking into consideration the 105 mil allowance, that means we would need to recoup 286.38 mil from player sales over the course of the next 3 seasons

now are we going to make 130 mil losses every season? one would hope not and would hope that the situation does improve dramatically and our accounts will look better next season

obviously when we move into Bramley Moore we will make more money and turnover will increase and hopefully we get better sponsorship deals and turnover increases

the fact is that we are going to be in a massive hole of at least 200 mil which means we will have no choice but to sell our best players over the next 3 seasons in order to comply with the rules
Compelling proof for both individual player and squad salary caps as a % of turnover that.

There is zero need for us to sell anyone to comply with PSR. Unless some crazy 40 million gets thrown onto the books that wasnt there from last year before June 30th, PSR is of no concern.

We will be selling because Moshiri doesnt want to take a loss.

His best performance for us was the game (Chelsea I think) where he went off injured after about 15mins. Naismith replaced him, and scored a hat trick.

I remember bigging him up to non Evertonians. I genuinely thought he would be good in the PL. Then he came on in a game v chelsea. Did the weirdest back heel from about the halfway line to costa i think that they scored from. Within a minute i had about 5 or 6 laughing emojis on whatsapp from the people i was bigging him up to.
I never forgive him.

There is zero need for us to sell anyone to comply with PSR. Unless some crazy 40 million gets thrown onto the books that wasnt there from last year before June 30th, PSR is of no concern.

We will be selling because Moshiri doesnt want to take a loss.

we can only make a loss of 105 mil over 3 years

covid is now over, we can't use that excuse

at the moment these are our losses in the last 2 years

2023/2024: ?
2022/2023: -89.1 mil loss
2021/2022: -38.3 mil loss

we are already at a loss of £127.4 mil for the last 2 years which is 22.4 mil over the 105 mil threshold for allowable losses over a 3 year period

i don't think the club has made a profit since 2016/2017

we don't know what the club accounts will show for the 2023/2024 season however its safe to assume it won't be a profit and if anything it's likely to be a significant loss somewhere between 38.3 mil and 89.1 mil

let say the loss is around 50 mil for 23/24, that means we would need to sell players and achieve a player trading profit for somewhere in the region of around 70-80 mil to comply with PSR for the period between 2021/2022 to 2023/2024

what excuse do you believe that club can use to get away with exceeding the 105 mil loss threshold for PSR without player sales? Stadium Costs? Stadium Interest?

people forget stadium costs are not factored into PSR and the dispute over the interest was only around 4 mil or so

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back