Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We will loan .
We won’t buy (probably)
New owners ( if any arrive ) won’t be in position for this transfer window.
Any new owners will have to be approved by the PL after any agreement is reached with Moshiri .
Meanwhile the club has to meet its running cost without access to 777’s dodgy loans. Any profit from player sales will be needed to keep the club running .

your probably mostly correct lol

but surely mate sales aren’t to run the club day by day as we’d be flaked by now

and the new owners will know the whole situation - maybe thellwell be given the green light by owners to be what we can and can’t do?
that’s my thinking

Are we actually buying anyone or just talk so far

We will loan .
We won’t buy (probably)
Any new owners will have to be approved by the PL after any agreement is reached with Moshiri .
Meanwhile the club has to meet its running cost without access to 777’s dodgy loans. Any profit from player sales will be needed to keep the club running .
We will buy will be after hopefully a sale in onana but we will bring players in can see loans for harrison maybe phillips with some looked outside england. Then we will try looking at the free agents in the market. Club will be looking at deals like beto small upfront payment.

your probably mostly correct lol

but surely mate sales aren’t to run the club day by day as we’d be flaked by now

and the new owners will know the whole situation - maybe thellwell be given the green light by owners to be what we can and can’t do?
that’s my thinking
We have been relying on loans for some time from various lenders latterly 777 , to keep the club running , that is accepted knowledge.
We are probably weeks away from any change of ownership and if new owners do materialise they will have to prioritise restructuring our debt burden before they greenlight any spending on players .
I’m afraid we will be going with what we’ve got minus one or two sales and with the addition of cheap loans .
It’s like the old days, we’ve been here many times before under the aegis of Mr Kenwright, it’s the Everton way .

Fair enough mate - life would be boring if we all agreed.

From my point of view, Keane has made way too many costly errors in his time at Goodison so if Tarkowski or Branthwaite went off I'd put Godfrey in at CB rather than Keane.

I don't think Godfrey gets time at fullback because he's a bad CB, I think it's because we have no depth at FB and neither Keane nor Holgate can play FB at all. If we improved the FB depth we wouldn't need Godfrey there and he could focus on CB.

TL,DR: bring in a fullback and ditch Keane.
I wasnt suggesting that he only gets time at full back because hes a bad CB, just that he only gets any gametime at all because our full back positions have been criminally neglected for years.

We will buy will be after hopefully a sale in onana but we will bring players in can see loans for harrison maybe phillips with some looked outside england. Then we will try looking at the free agents in the market. Club will be looking at deals like beto small upfront payment.
We will also be trying to reduce our wage bill proportionate to our income.
Free agents generally command a higher wage .
I cannot see how profit from any sales will not be needed by the club in lieu of any further loans from 777 and the like.
We cannot afford to burden ourselves with more debt .

We will also be trying to reduce our wage bill proportionate to our income.
Free agents generally command a higher wage .
I cannot see how profit from any sales will not be needed by the club in lieu of any further loans from 777 and the like.
We cannot afford to burden ourselves with more debt .
Can see us trying for atleast 2 free agents plus i can see the club telling players to move can see keane maupay holgate not like we have alot now to move on.

Can see us trying for atleast 2 free agents plus i can see the club telling players to move can see keane maupay holgate not like we have alot now to move on.

Problem is,

Who wants Keane Maupay and Holgate?

One is a limited footballer suited to one style only, but may be of some appeal somewhere if it wasnt for wages.
Maupay has proven himself not to score goals and I doubt he'd move down a division.
Holgate is a wannabe hardman who is a really, really poor footballer. Again, wages will be a problem.

Problem is,

One is a limited footballer suited to one style only, but may be of some appeal somewhere if it wasnt for wages.
Maupay has proven himself not to score goals and I doubt he'd move down a division.
Holgate is a wannabe hardman who is a really, really poor footballer. Again, wages will be a problem.
Every season we seem to say we need to get rid of Keane and Holgate, just how long are their contracts?

We will loan .
We won’t buy (probably)
Probably right on lots of loans.

I think we sell Onana, we buy a replacement for half his cost.
Then we loan Harrison, loan another, buy a cheap winger, call it a day. Unless we sell more players like Maupay and Keane.

Problem is,

Agree on holgate but maupay had a decent loan and keane would have teams in for him
Is not as bad as people think. Not good enough for us but lower prem team would do a good think be teams in italy/ france maybe promoted for maupay. Same with keane maybe italy again

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back