Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's obsession with the term "Richarlison replacement" we don't need a left winger, we need an actual striker. We have an abudance of left wingers which Richy was.

….yep, I agree but I think it’s terminology rather than like-for-like.

Richarlison was an effective central striker, especially in DCLs absence. We had two effective strikers and now we only have one. Richarlison replacement = an effective striker.

In a 38 game season, DCL is not gonna play a full 90 every game, sone games you'll need two up front when chasing it etc, he can go massively off form, he can break down or have repeated knocks mate

We aren't looking at solely a backup - we are looking at a possible needed option to have up front for a period of games mate.

That's what a backup is. You have players that play every game, or you have players that play some games (backup). This striker we need will not play every game so he is ergo a backup.

….yep, I agree but I think it’s terminology rather than like-for-like.

Richarlison was an effective central striker, especially in DCLs absence. We had two effective strikers and now we only have one. Richarlison replacement = an effective striker.

Really? Think he's one of the worst strikers I've seen for Everton myself. Bloody awful down the middle.

I’d like to think, with recruitment and training, that we’re working on a system that will spread the goals around a bit more rather than trying to hit a home run with one signing that can replace Richy’s output.

Based on preseason it looks like Alli is marked as the utility forward who will act as backup across the front line. I’d like to see us sign a “little man”/“on the shoulder of the last man” striker as backup/Plan B/partner for Dom depending on what system we employ in a given game. We tend to run out of ideas quickly when teams squeeze us with a high line so would be nice to have a Vardy type to chase long balls over the top. A CM who can deliver them accurately would probably be nice, and all.

Not that I’m kidding myself, like; we’ll get Batshuayi and lump it.

Really? Think he's one of the worst strikers I've seen for Everton myself. Bloody awful down the middle.

Interesting take. I'd say inconsistent rather than awful - there were some games he had centrally (Arsenal at home last season instantly springs to mind) where I thought he was tremendous and, if he could ever find consistency, he'd be a much better long term bet there than DCL for example, but no disputing that most of his more effective games came from wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back