Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think now that Gallagher is out of our reach. He's going upwards and onwards to better things. But Gilmour might just be right for us.
And here's something a little left field........how about bringing James Rodriquez back. Unfinished business and all that. Up The Toffees.
As much as I like J-Rod, think he could have contributed significantly this season, and ideally would have liked to have kept him, I don't think moving for a player who'll be 31 at the start of next season on astronomical wages is the way to go. Assuming Frank is still here next season, I think we'll be looking at younger players rather than resigning Jambo.

Yes, he had a good match, but why does he run around waving his arms and yelling at everyone every time he makes a good save?

It's not just him, lots of goalies do it, but it's so juvenile and it's annoying.
Pickford is never more than an inch or moment away from going full Joe Hart. He's capable of making top saves at any given time (as are pretty much all keepers in the Prem) but it feels like everything he does is to play to the crowd/cameras. Just so unnecessary.

So after another desperate result, what do we do against the mancs?

On another day, we take 4 points from the last 2 games but I've got to be honest, tonight I think may have been the final nail in the coffin.

Anyways, let's get back into what side is willing to get trounced by the mancs

Pickford in goal
Coleman will come back in at rb
Branthwaite deserves another game
Partner? Keane, Holgate or Godfrey? None of them deserve a start at cb so I'm unsure
Mykolenko left back
Allan comes back in to replace Holgate
Doucoure stays in because no one else runs about the pitch even though he's been dreadful
Iwobi keeps his place as at least he's trying to make probing passes
Richarlison keeps the left side slot though he's a pro at missing sitters
Gordon keeps the right hand slot though he's not producing goals/assists
Up top? DCL would be fortunate to keep his place but ffs how has it comes to this that I mention Rondon!!!! Can Dele play a false 9???

We are a mess
We are crap
Tonight was probably the end of Evrrton as we know it

But maybe, just maybe with 40k Evertonians behind them, we can pull off a desperate and memorable win

UTFT !!!
You writing the next preview now you're on a streak?!?

If I l'm not changing my (now lucky) underpants, it's the bare minimum you can do.

IF we can do the same against liecester we will get points. They are also not really up for a fight. Stick allan on maddison and we should be ok.

Fair few could be man of the match. Pickford Delph. Richy Gordon.

I'm going for Iwobi, just because he has finally gets you have to put in the hard running and closing down, now knows there is more to football than looking pretty.

He doesnt move.

Its a fair point that he thrives of crosses and we dont have anyone who can cross in open play, but other than that he doesnt move at all.
He’s static, he doesn’t even bother chasing down defenders when they have the ball. He makes no diagonal runs. Would Rondon be a better option I wonder.

You writing the next preview now you're on a streak?!?

If I l'm not changing my (now lucky) underpants, it's the bare minimum you can do.

Yes I will reluctantly write another fantastic mind numbing 2 paragraph life changing match preview for the Leicester game yarghh seems as my great fans have demanded it (well just you).

Keep those well soiled underpants on mate, we'll need all the superstitious luck we can muster!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back