Everton Youth Teams Thread

Nice pics , shame they haven't given us a full squad list , I can recognise some of the usual suspects from u21 but it would be nice to see which u18s are in the squad e.g. whether the 3 u17s and 2 u18s who played for England made it - I see Dowell made it so good chance others did too and not just resting. That guy in the pic with two heads facing in different directions is going to be awesome!

Don't recall noticing him either.

Perhaps already comfirmed for the senior preseason and unlike Galloway/Browning didn't want to go on extra training?

Hopefully this is the case, just a little concerning that IIRC he is out of contract, although we've offered him a new one. I rate Long, think he could offer something to the squad.

Hopefully this is the case, just a little concerning that IIRC he is out of contract, although we've offered him a new one. I rate Long, think he could offer something to the squad.
Yeah, had forgotten that he hadn't signed the contract yet.

Fwiw Henen wasn't in the pictures either and pretty certain he is with the U21 squad and will be signing a contract with us.

Don't recall noticing him either.

Perhaps already comfirmed for the senior preseason and unlike Galloway/Browning didn't want to go on extra training?

Roberto said four of the 21's squad from last year would do preseason with the senior squad iirc, Joe Royle did an interview on Everton TV a couple of weeks ago, he mentioned that Long and Pennington would do preseason with the senior squad, Garbutt and Browning were already part of the first team so I think the other two will be Galloway and Connor Grant. Connor McAleny is 22 and was part of the first team squad before he went on loan so he'll be with the seniors as well.

Roberto said four of the 21's squad from last year would do preseason with the senior squad iirc, Joe Royle did an interview on Everton TV a couple of weeks ago, he mentioned that Long and Pennington would do preseason with the senior squad, Garbutt and Browning were already part of the first team so I think the other two will be Galloway and Connor Grant. Connor McAleny is 22 and was part of the first team squad before he went on loan so he'll be with the seniors as well.

I would think the ones that would join the senior squad would be the ones that were on loan and playing senior football in the lower leagues so therefore probably considered that they have moved on from u21s plus there season would have ended later so would start back later in any case, especially the ones that were involved in playoffs. Possibly the likes of Long, Pennington and Grant etc.

Saw in paper that Crystal Palace's full back Mandela Egbo has signed a four year deal with Borussia Munchengladbach and he was " part of the u17 squad that won the European Championship in 2014". I cant really remember him and think Jonjoe Kenny kept him out of the team for the final, so it shows the potential we have in Kenny and Ledson. And of course the comparison with the RS paying £3.5mill for Joe Gomez......which may look cheap in years to come.

just been listening to unsworth on evertontv.

Genuinely could listen to him all day, he comes across as very intelligent, calm but solid coach.

I dunno much about the results last season, but i hope he's been doing as well as he comes across.

Youth development is more important than under 21 results i guess

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back