Everton Youth Teams Thread

Because he's being held on a different criteria to others

Again, other players would have got another chance after that Europa League game

He's already been written off by the usual suspects as well

His potential is clear to see, but he'll never get his chance

Typical Everton

Again Mikey, I must ask 1 simple question, why is it do you think that 2 different Everton managers have considered him not good enough to play in the first team?

Again Mikey, I must ask 1 simple question, why is it do you think that 2 different Everton managers have considered him not good enough to play in the first team?

Because one was a dour Scott who had a terrible record with youth prospects and the other would rather bring in washed up crocks from his former club or sign someone with a wacky foreign name

I'm going to hire a secretary just so she can type up an angry letter for me

Because he's being held on a different criteria to others

Again, other players would have got another chance after that Europa League game

He's already been written off by the usual suspects as well

His potential is clear to see, but he'll never get his chance

Typical Everton
But it is a harsh business Mikey and you have to seize the rare chances you get.

Fwiw think the Atsu injury that forced Mcaleny out wide rather than central really messed up his performance that night. But the fact that it did meant he wasn't really ready for first team action which is probably why he was sent out to Cardiff for more game time at an easier level.

Hopefully that has improved his confidence level and if he gets another start he won't be as nervous.

Because one was a dour Scott who had a terrible record with youth prospects and the other would rather bring in washed up crocks from his former club or sign someone with a wacky foreign name

.....it's a massive step up, we can't use the 1st team for trials. When a youngster gets an opportunity they need to make the most of it. The fact that McAleney is still here means he must be rated but others (Henen) might start leapfrogging him in the pecking order.

This dour Scot, was he the fella that played Wayne Rooney at 16? and this other fella, is he the 1 that built his whole team around a 20 year old
Ross Barkley and Lukaku?

I bet your still waiting for Jose Baxter to ride back into the Premier League on his white charger with a banner saying "SNIFF IT".

Why do you think then, Mikey, that McAleny didn't get regular games when he was loaned out at a lower level? Given that it was a completely different environment and coaching staff?

All of us would love the youngsters to make the grade. Most of us are realistic enough to realise that they won't. Duffy is not Stones. Bidwell is not Baines. Forshaw is not Barkley. Kennedy is not even McGeady. And McAleny is most definitely not - at the moment - anywhere near the level of the first team.

Great name kid...

wp_ss_20150704_0002.webp

I still maintain that if Delo had gone out and had the exact same performance as McAleny did in the Europa League, all the positivies would have been praised and all the negatives forgotten

His performances are scored under a different criteria though, which I think is unfair

So much potential there

Seriously? The lads like 28 now

I wonder who he means as they all seem a bit young for next season? Ledson and Long perhaps but i could see both more likely to go on loan?

Big fuss being made about contracts for some of these young lads.

Was reading a few bits and bobs on twitter the other night.

John Merro ‏@johnmerro1
@ToffeeTV1 The fruit tree is all the seeds of the academy that were sewn a decade ago, they will to begin flowering over the next season.

John Merro ‏@johnmerro1 18h18 hours ago
@Conor_Purcell @ToffeeTV1 Started them so young 6/7, but they're nearly ready and there is a conveyor belt coming.

Sounds promising.

Big fuss being made about contracts for some of these young lads.

Was reading a few bits and bobs on twitter the other night.

John Merro ‏@johnmerro1
@ToffeeTV1 The fruit tree is all the seeds of the academy that were sewn a decade ago, they will to begin flowering over the next season.

John Merro ‏@johnmerro1 18h18 hours ago
@Conor_Purcell @ToffeeTV1 Started them so young 6/7, but they're nearly ready and there is a conveyor belt coming.

Sounds promising.

It will be interesting to see if the move to Finch Farm and the upgrade in facilities made a big difference to our academy. There are a lot of promising players starting to come through that have been at Finch Farm from a young age, and a lot of them are local lads we've brought through our system ourselves.

In the next few years we'll start seeing if they can move into the first team, and if they're the start of a higher quality of academy player or if they're just a one off.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back