Everton Youth Teams Thread

He may have, I’d be surprised though. Pierce had played for Ireland recently and also been involved with England. He’d be a decent signing for us if he’s been released.

They do have a very good keeper the year below called True Grant. Maybe they think he’s better and they can manage without a first year scholar next season until he’s ready. They paid a lot of money for him so that might be why Pierce has gone if he has.

I’ve edited my original post now but City released there other u16 keeper last month also. He’s signed for Villa now.
I was told that was his initial destination [Everton] - wasn't offered a scholar at City, - from the City source

I was told that was his initial destination [Everton] - wasn't offered a scholar at City, - from the City source
I’d expect us to sign him then.

Liverpool have a GK at that age that they bought for 250k from Sunderland. City have the keeper I mentioned from the year below who cost 6 figures and United have Tom Wooster a keeper who they bought from Barnsley for 6 figures.

We’ll be the next big local club who he’d go to in my opinion although Burnley and Blackburn will try as well.

Our old youth striker shayne lavery has joined Blackpool.
Could put the skids on another loan for simms there.
Lavery has had great couple of years for linfield since leaving us.

A good signing if they got him for free, but for me I’ve never seen him as good as Simms at comparative ages, Lavery was sharp in the box, had good pace , and scored frequently but not in a stand out way when with us , so never made any big impact at u18/ 23 . He seems to have grown a bit , I always saw him as small and speedy maybe he’s added height and weight . Another one that we shipped out to Scotland for a loan that didn’t work. I’ll take Simms to score more goals than him in the Championship next year if that’s where he ends up too.

I think that if you are going to pay money for academy players then do so in the 18 to 20 age bracket
They may cost more but there is a far better chance of a more positive outcome.
DCL , Lookman, Vlasic,Stones, Branthwaite, Holgate, Nkounkou,

I think that if you are going to pay money for academy players then do so in the 18 to 20 age bracket
They may cost more but there is a far better chance of a more positive outcome.
DCL , Lookman, Vlasic,Stones, Branthwaite, Holgate, Nkounkou,

not sure why you posted that but foulds, bowler, adeniran etc
its hit and miss, the ones you mentioned werent academy players either, they'd all played for their first team and some like lookman and vlasic were quite substantial fees

Of the players I listed we generated sales of nearly ninety million and have retained players in DCL worth far more than that.

I am struggling to think o 15 to sixteen years olds that gave turned out well, I think of Luke Garbutt and others.

There is no guarantee at any age but from our recent past there is no comparison between the age groups.

Of the players I listed we generated sales of nearly ninety million and have retained players in DCL worth far more than that.

I am struggling to think o 15 to sixteen years olds that gave turned out well, I think of Luke Garbutt and others.

There is no guarantee at any age but from our recent past there is no comparison between the age groups.

They weren’t signed for the youth side though. Completely different area for purchasing.

that was mainly due to one player though

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back