Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley was pathetic, his goal aside.

Great goal, though. But his awful display might have been more costly against a better team.

List count of the amount of times he passed directly to a Watford player.
The whole team in the first halt thought we were playing in yellow - RB for me was our only hope!

We live in an age where everything has to be instant, many people have no patience and barely possess a 20 second attention span. They feel cheated if they don't get their desired outcome right here and now and they lack the maturity and mental character to cope with even the slightest thing going wrong.

In a previous age they used to boo and throw cushions

The whole team in the first halt thought we were playing in yellow - RB for me was our only hope!
I was sat here in shock. First game of the season... supposed to be where everything we've worked at in pre season comes together, where all the hard work pays off... and we were an absolute shambles.

I would not boo a player before they come on, regardless of talent.

I would and have booed exceptionally poor team performances over the years but not often.

Booing a player before they've come on is a bit much for me, even if it's Kone. Too far.

If you're going to boo a bad performance, wait until the end of the half.

I get the booing of a sub if it's ridiculous, like some of those defender for striker when losing or drawing decisions but booing a particular player is ridiculous

The issue I think is the frustration that our team is so much better than what it's doing under the manager. You have Lukaku, Stones, Mirallas, Barkley, Coleman and Mccarthy all in the starting 11 who were linked with clubs from the top 4+ Spurs so how can we play and be so bad?

That frustration and seeing the same sideways and impotent attack has got people annoyed. Had it been 1-1 when Kone came on I think no one would have booed think it was once again everton losing to a much poorer side and having no one on the bench who could come on and be able to change things around.

For me Barry and Howard need punting and Martinez needs to sort not only the defence out but our limp 1 winger system with as many central players crammed in as possible. If not I can't see anything on the pitch changing and thus the natives will be restless.

I honestly think there was a big let down last season after the excellent football played in Martinez's first season here. The most pleasing on the eye football for a very, very long time...and of course the results didn't harm matters either.

There's a sense that a taste of that was worse than none at all, and now there's resentment that the school of science style has not been on offer since.

We will get back to that standard of football again though once the right people are in through the door this summer. Martinez sounds as irritated by the delay as anyone.

True, victim of his own success to some extent, which has raised expectations, probably unrealistically so if we're honest.

But I'd still say there's an underlying change in peoples mindsets which has crept in. It is possible that I'm just a miserable arl arse though.

Been going the match now 35 years. That's a long time when you think about it. I was very lucky to have seen the mid-80's. I was a bit young to fully appreciate what winning titles meant but going to school when 99% of the kids supported the scum and to be one blue who knew his team was the best for a season or two will be a never repeated feeling.

In all those years, going through very hard times and the odd up, one thing has been consistent. I've always like our fans. The lads I go the game with are brilliant. Whether win or lose they don't go too over the top and every blue I ever come across seems to have that trait. Yes we can all talk rubbish on-line but blues to me have always been grounded. But that's what our fans have always been like, haven't they? They have that special type of humour and you just know when we finally win that bit of silverware they will be the lads you want to celebrate it with.

Anyway to finally get my point. To boo Kone before he even stepped on the pitch today was a disgrace. I've always been of the opinion that if you pays your money you gets your say but if you were one of those today you're an idiot. You're the type of person who goes the darts dressed as a carrot and boos the player just as they're about to throw. For the last couple of seasons some of our fans have been toxic and they are making the match going experience unbearable. You're helping the club about as much as Blue Bill so please do one and don't come back.

Now let's all put a cone on oour head and sing 'Kone, Kone, Kone'
Could be he's been here for two years on the type of weekly wage some earn for two years work and he's raped the club,an honest days pay for an honest days work........not for me to boo but who the hell are you to tell people to go and not come back

If kone doesn't want negative reaction he should put in a shift now and again and earn the massive wages he's being paid

That's all

I would not boo a player before they come on, regardless of talent.

I would and have booed exceptionally poor team performances over the years but not often.

Booing a player before they've come on is a bit much for me, even if it's Kone. Too far.

If you're going to boo a bad performance, wait until the end of the half.
I think the boos were because Galloway had been subbed they were not that loud, Galloway had played well but may have been the two up front that got us a point, and may h
ave boosted Kones confidence too?

Could be he's been here for two years on the type of weekly wage some earn for two years work and he's raped the club,an honest days pay for an honest days work........not for me to boo but who the hell are you to tell people to go and not come back

If kone doesn't want negative reaction he should put in a shift now and again and earn the massive wages he's being paid

That's all
So because he earns a certain amount it excuses him getting bullied and abused from sections of the fan base.

That's all

Someone's who's absolutely embarrassed that they support the same club as me.

The booing seemed to have a positive effect, I say boo them all. Martinez deserves a boo if he plays that bloody awful formation again against a lower level team at home.

Barkley is never going to be a number 10 nor is Naismith. Play Barkley in beside McCarthy, he has the engine to be a box to box player.

I have been a blue for 60 years, my mum and dad used to take me to Goodison to watch the reserves play in the old central league and a blue was born.
then I used to go matches and stand in the old boys pen, then graduated via the paddock to Gwladys st.(we made so much noise in those days even without a roof) I have seen us win the league 4 times, the fa cup 3 times , and the cup winners cup, not to mention the charity shield and fa youth cup ( oh I just did ) in those days we did boo jf we got beat and throw the cushions from the stand.
but we were not booing our players, just the fact we got beat.
the vitriol on here aimed at the players is what my headline says, we are Evertonians so no matter what happens just support the team through thick and thin. (ok its been a bit thin at mo.)
my dad saw us relegated for gods sake but until the day he died he would never criticise the players.
just be thankful you support one of the most successful teams in history and be proud.
OK RANT OVER COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back