Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not boo a player before they come on, regardless of talent.

I would and have booed exceptionally poor team performances over the years but not often.

Booing a player before they've come on is a bit much for me, even if it's Kone. Too far.

If you're going to boo a bad performance, wait until the end of the half.

Exactly. Today just proved why you don't boo. Kone got us a point.

Completely. 100%. Irrelevant.

Footballers have, for the last 20 years or so, earned money most of us could only dream of. Would he be any less crap if he earned 10k a week less or more? No.

I rest my case.

And they are humans.

Groans etc affect the plyers, Henry basically admitted it when he was in his last season with Arsenal. No surprise we were at our best when the crowd we're really behind the team today.

I wish I was a super fan then I wouldn't swear at the game or smoke or drink and I'd love everyone and buy and wear replica tops and I'd fit in lovely
Not forgetting to clap that absolute rubbish off the pitch at FT. You know, that will really show our dissatisfaction.

We're a shambles at the moment. From the board, the manager and the fans.

Someone else buy your season ticket do they?

Do you go the game?

I care because he takes my money and doesn't earn it
No. I buy my own. Have done for 25+ years. I am currently entering my 40th season both home and away. Please don't try belittle me with your flippancy.

If you want to argue the toss, I will, all night. Don't try pull the 'i go the game' bollox with me.

Exactly. Today just proved why you don't boo. Kone got us a point.
Don't get me wrong - I've booed the team as a whole at the end of a match where we've been staggeringly poor, but that's very rare for me.

But not individual players though. Although Per Kroldrup and Glenn Keely probably deserved it lol

Don't get me wrong - I've booed the team as a whole at the end of a match where we've been staggeringly poor, but that's very rare for me.

But not individual players though. Although Per Kroldrup and Glenn Keely probably deserved it lol

I've boo'd on rare occasion, mainly when I've travelled 3/4 hours for dreadfulness, but NEVER an individual. What do people expect? There is a guy in the upper bullens who absolutely hates Lukaku. He doesn't understand that Lukaku is best with the ball in behind or with him running with it, not with his back to goal and trapping it.Another guy screams at him everytime he gets the ball. I don't know what they are trying to achieve. Is the player going to instantly perform better via boo's/abuse? They're human, I know it wouldn't help me with the misses if I had some spectators hurling abuse.

and FYI, Glen Keely is before my era, to the point I'm not certain who that is!

A lot of this is fallout from an uninspiring pre season, obvious lack of investment in the squad and once again a complete failuee to build up any momentum which breeds optimism.

Evertonians have on the whole been treated with irrelevance by this board, piecemeal platitudes and snake oil schemes have turned Evertonians into a new breed. Can say all you like about generations etc, but most of us tend to follow and be guided by older blues, they rear us as Evertonians. This shower go against the grain, no ambition, no clue and all sleight of hand.

It is becoming ingrained in our psyche that things aren't right and it comes out in an ugly way.

Some way or other it will boil over and we could head onto a slippery slope. The only thing that has kept us going under Kenwright is the supporters. He split that with DK and it's been going west ever since.

The way our fans moan at players for a little mistake.. Confidence is everything for a footballer which the likes of Lukaku have none of especially playing at home hes expected to do everything perfect and if he doesn't half of goodison moans. Our fans are awful in every way tbh ha ha

The way our fans moan at players for a little mistake.. Confidence is everything for a footballer which the likes of Lukaku have none of especially playing at home hes expected to do everything perfect and if he doesn't half of goodison moans. Our fans are awful in every way tbh ha ha

Lukaku is 21/22.

He is expected to perform like a 29 year old in his peak.

I've boo'd on rare occasion, mainly when I've travelled 3/4 hours for dreadfulness, but NEVER an individual. What do people expect? There is a guy in the upper bullens who absolutely hates Lukaku. He doesn't understand that Lukaku is best with the ball in behind or with him running with it, not with his back to goal and trapping it.Another guy screams at him everytime he gets the ball. I don't know what they are trying to achieve. Is the player going to instantly perform better via boo's/abuse? They're human, I know it wouldn't help me with the misses if I had some spectators hurling abuse.

and FYI, Glen Keely is before my era, to the point I'm not certain who that is!
From a personal point of view, I perform better when encouraged rather than slated.

The player himself will know he's playing badly so a good cheering on would probably benefit all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back