Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

'Fans'

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the last time we played Fulham away in the league, just a couple of years back, some lad behind me screamed abuse at Distin every time he touched the ball, right from the first minute of the game. Why? If he hated him that much, just stay at home, don't make a 500 mile round trip out of it.

At the last time we played Fulham away in the league, just a couple of years back, some lad behind me screamed abuse at Distin every time he touched the ball, right from the first minute of the game. Why? If he hated him that much, just stay at home, don't make a 500 mile round trip out of it.
He may have wanted to watch the team he loves

We can genuinely suck the ball into the net, but people have to understand we can't just all flick a switch at the same time and go mental, things on the pitch have to trigger it.

Lukaku is 21/22.

He is expected to perform like a 29 year old in his peak.

Expected to be like superman or messi

If he was at someone like WBA again or palace he'd probably bang them in as he'd be loved by their fans. With ours its like they like to moan and are happy when he does something wrong

A lot of this reminds me of the behaviour of some Newcastle fans last season when they were trying/hoping to get Pardew out of a job. It was the game at Southampton, when they got spanked 4-0 or something and some fans who had travelled 350 miles unfurled a banner saying "Pardew Out". Now I dislike Pardew as much as anyone, but these fans had travelled with a large banner probably hoping that they could unfurl it for the cameras and show their righteous anger, therefore seeming to want to accept their team losing just for the moment.

He may have wanted to watch the team he loves

Absolutely, and I hope so, and true of 99% of all the Everton fans there that day, but the moment Distin walked out this lad was on his back and nothing he said was pleasant. When Distin made a great tackle or covered well at the back, absolute silence, never a comment such as "I was wrong there, played lad".

Absolutely, and I hope so, and true of 99% of all the Everton fans there that day, but the moment Distin walked out this lad was on his back and nothing he said was pleasant. When Distin made a great tackle or covered well at the back, absolute silence, never a comment such as "I was wrong there, played lad".
My point in this whole thread has been I don't care what people do or say at the match,it's up to them,booing a player for the sake of it is not for me but i just don't get stressed over such things,each to their own

Been going the match now 35 years. That's a long time when you think about it. I was very lucky to have seen the mid-80's. I was a bit young to fully appreciate what winning titles meant but going to school when 99% of the kids supported the scum and to be one blue who knew his team was the best for a season or two will be a never repeated feeling.

In all those years, going through very hard times and the odd up, one thing has been consistent. I've always like our fans. The lads I go the game with are brilliant. Whether win or lose they don't go too over the top and every blue I ever come across seems to have that trait. Yes we can all talk rubbish on-line but blues to me have always been grounded. But that's what our fans have always been like, haven't they? They have that special type of humour and you just know when we finally win that bit of silverware they will be the lads you want to celebrate it with.

Anyway to finally get my point. To boo Kone before he even stepped on the pitch today was a disgrace. I've always been of the opinion that if you pays your money you gets your say but if you were one of those today you're an idiot. You're the type of person who goes the darts dressed as a carrot and boos the player just as they're about to throw. For the last couple of seasons some of our fans have been toxic and they are making the match going experience unbearable. You're helping the club about as much as Blue Bill so please do one and don't come back.

Now let's all put a cone on oour head and sing 'Kone, Kone, Kone'
Wow I never realized there was boos for Kone before he came on.

Anyone who paid their money is entitled to their opinion. Been at the club 2 years ears and scored 2 goals.

We are absolutely terrible, so sorry if we all can't be in super fan mode at every game.
They're entitled to their opinions but not necessarily the right voice them unless it's in their own home.

Barkley was pathetic, his goal aside.

Great goal, though. But his awful display might have been more costly against a better team.

List count of the amount of times he passed directly to a Watford player.
Are you blind or just have a vendetta against him. Did you watch MOTD highlights? He was involved or created over half the chances we had including scoring one.

There is no cohesion on the pitch, nothing positive coming from the board, no whiff of new signings 1 game in, same type of performance as last season. It's inevitable that this has an influence on supporters. Some sit there in silence and that's their way of dealing with it, some scream and shout and boo.

Performances improve on the pitch then so will the support coming together and getting behind the lads. The absolute dross being served up currently I actually find it quite funny now that a lot of posts just as the game kicks off I'd "let the fume begin" tongue in cheek yet rings true.

I think currently it's one of the most meek and spineless sides I've witnessed in a few years, needs some snide and a couple of winners wouldn't go amiss either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back