Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I look forward to you doing that. But you'd only be able to do it if there was pretty conclusive evidence that any announcement along those lines was more than just about intent. We need concrete plans in place all signed up to by the different parties involved.
lol

Absolutely no chance we'll have any detailed plans.

We'll no doubt say we've got an agreement in place for the purchase of the land once all the feasibility studies have been carried out. Ultimately it will drag on until we all forget about it and bang, there we have it, the fourth failed stadium move.

I could be wrong but this is how I see it.

He bought us as an investment. He's going to build us a new stadium, then sell us on at a profit.

The tv money is going to help him gather the finance to build the stadium, but he won't hang around long after the new stadium is built. We're just an investement.

It may benefit us in the long run once the stadium is built, but that's all we are, an investment.

Forget him pumping loads of money in to the club, he's going to put in enough to keep us competitive while the stadium is built and he can make a return on his investment.
Well all indications, from the little that has been written and spoken about him, all point to the opposite being true mate.
He is a "football person" and is here for the long haul. Not a quick fix smash and grab.

You didnt actually read that page did you?

Oh hai. Still waiting for you guys to pay compo for your Gulags.

LOL did you?

Denial of discrimination
You don’t need to actively discriminate. Some people deny discrimination which is a form of prejudice that can be harmful to those who are its target.

Denial can be harmful in itself. It can create an environment in which people may feel silenced. This can actually compound the stress caused by the initial experience. Denial can also discourage people affected by discrimination to take action to reduce discrimination and its effects.

How can you deny discrimination? Take this example: In a survey about the attitudes toward Aboriginal people [17], 83% of people agreed that “Aboriginal people hold a special place as the first Australians”. But at the same time 28% disagreed that being Aboriginal makes it harder to succeed in Australia today, and 43% thought that Aboriginal people get more government money than they should, which is a common myth.

If these 28% and 43% had done their homework they would know better and not deny that Aboriginal people face more hardship and do not receive enough government support.

Campaign against discrimination
Beyondblue in 2014 launched a national anti-discrimination campaign to highlight its impact on the social and emotional well-being of Aboriginal people.

Subtle or ‘casual’ racism can be just as harmful as more overt forms. Imagine being judged in a job interview by the colour of your skin, rather than the strength of your CV. How would you feel if you were watched in a shop or treated differently on public transport?

I could be wrong but this is how I see it.

He bought us as an investment. He's going to build us a new stadium, then sell us on at a profit.

The tv money is going to help him gather the finance to build the stadium, but he won't hang around long after the new stadium is built. We're just an investement.

It may benefit us in the long run once the stadium is built, but that's all we are, an investment.

Forget him pumping loads of money in to the club, he's going to put in enough to keep us competitive while the stadium is built and he can make a return on his investment.
Yep. I think this is best case scenario.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back