Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
You may or may not be right, but even in this scenario, if his legacy is getting us a new stadium on the docks, then that will be a damn sight better than the last regime won't it?

I think there's a good chance that he isn't in it for the short term profit, as it goes. If he was just about the profit, he could've sat on his Arsenal investment. He wanted control of a club, not for profit but because he wants to be influential and build something big in a sport he loves.
Depends where it's built, how it's built, who pays for it.

I assume that Walsh is not just a grossly overpaid talent spotter. I'm not sure who ultimately is responsible for 'getting them over the line', but would expect it to be either Walsh or the CEO. I would not be surprised to find out that they are all pointing fingers at each other, but that responsibilities have not been fully defined or understood in this new set up.....

Pete, there's definitely been an organisational and process failure both in strategy and particularly in execution.

Seems to me that different people did different things at different times, a lot based on perceived relationships rather than a defined process with specific accountability.

That to me is an organisational issue and usually when that fails it has to be the responsibility of the CEO.

Pete, there's definitely been an organisational and process failure both in strategy and particularly in execution.

Seems to me that different people did different things at different times, a lot based on perceived relationships rather than a defined process with specific accountability.

That to me is an organisational issue and usually when that fails it has to be the responsibility of the CEO.
I also think Walsh deserves a bit of a break. He was appointed Director of Football by Moshiri, who knew fine well that he had no experience in the role.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume that inexperience may have lead to some mistakes in how he approached that window. Moshiri can't blame him for that.

Now he has one window under his belt, and hopefully has learned some valuable lessons.

I also think Walsh deserves a bit of a break. He was appointed Director of Football by Moshiri, who knew fine well that he had no experience in the role.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume that inexperience may have lead to some mistakes in how he approached that window. Moshiri can't blame him for that.

Now he has one window under his belt, and hopefully has learned some valuable lessons.

Agree with this, if Moshiri wanted instant success in transfer window negotiations, he could have hired a DOF with vast experience of negotiation, but he didn't.

Anyone read the article in the Mirror?, Moshiri is pissed, sounds like he thought he'd left all the player transfers in good hands and it's come back to bite him in the arse, he's insisted any mistakes will not be made again or heads will roll.

This fella is the real deal, just give him chance to sort this club out, because he will, from top to bottom.

My concern with that is as far as I am aware Elstone has been marginalised already.

We have done sod all for 20 years. Other teams have massively built up Commercial revenues via TV and Internet exposure. We are a joke in Commercial terms in comparison to our history, but it's just that, history, it's gone. We have fallen so far behind the major teams that to catch up will take another 20 years of prudent management both on and off the field. This is no short term fix that is needed, this is a complete rebuild. I don't know if Moshiri really wants to do this, but to regain our once held position is going to require an imaginative strategy, a sensible and fully supported plan, and the best people we can afford to follow it through....plus a lot of investment along the way....anyone who thinks this will happen overnight or within a couple of years is kidding themselves.......

Aka Kenwright

@davek

I said on the night I thought Walsh was a strange choice given his lack of experience dealing with top agents.

In a way if that was the problem I feel a bit better about Moshiri but everyone needs to learn fast.

And it happens all the time tbh. The CEO carries ultimate responsibility and is responsible for making sure that the management team operates effectively, which in this case may well not have happened. I would hope that everyone knew their job and that overlaps, or even worse gaps, were fully understood. But these things do happen in many management teams.......there may have been failures by individuals, but it's a new team and it needs to get up to speed pretty sharpish.....

The yarmalenko bid seemed strange to me, almost like 'well we know that player and know his contacts, so let's give that a go'

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back