Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Not necessarily a case where his and our interests mesh though mate. If he can get a dome in croxteth or a part of the docks well away from impacting the liverpool skyline with the club paying a lot of debt on it then he'll go for it and he'll get the profit and we'll live with the legacy.

Agreed that his and our interests do not perfectly align, but a club saddled with debt will not be an easy sell, most purchasers will want to see significant security released as part of the deal.

Anyway, my thoughts are that he isn't in it for the short-term profit, but we shall see.

Maybe he just doesn't like wasting his hard earned, he didn't become a billionaire by letting mugs take him to the cleaners, which is what is happening on transfers currently. Maybe we don't like it but it's a business after all.

So we've moved from situation where the principal owner carries the can to another, more convenient for some, situation where the hired hands carry the can?

We need consistency here. Who retained Kenwright, Elstone and hired Walsh?

Buck stops with Moshiri. As it should with all owners.
That's a new stance for you, to blame the figure head. Is that because it suits your latest agenda? Last year it was quite a different story.

Maybe he just doesn't like wasting his hard earned, he didn't become a billionaire by letting mugs take him to the cleaners, which is what is happening on transfers currently. Maybe we don't like it but it's a business after all.
Fair point, it was also a crazy market where the new revenue hike wasn't as high as the increased transfer fees being demand in terms of %

Some players valuations have literally doubled.

Fair point, it was also a crazy market where the new revenue hike wasn't as high as the increased transfer fees being demand in terms of %

Some players valuations have literally doubled.

I was actually shocked at some of those prices, I remember signing Lineker for £2m blimey how much would he cost today. I don't believe for a second though that anyone on here actually wanted Sissoko never mind for 30m.

I'm disappointed that we didn't get more business done, but if the owner doesn't want to throw good money down the toilet then so be it. Signing Sissoko(as well as other) would be exactly that. Prudence is needed.

Some of the failings (in strategy, co-ordination and execution) seem very obvious, even with the benefit of immediate hindsight.

It is a shame that this seems to be the case, even with numerous failed approaches, I still don't accept that we are as unattractive a proposition that we are made out to be.

My main concern is how this will rest with Koeman. There seems to be widespread opinion that his time here will be relatively short-lived, and he is being asked to cope with handicaps now that he won't have anticipated and shouldn't have to deal with.

It will be a great day for the club when Kenwright and Elstone are no longer in situ, their mere presence continues to harm and hamper the clubs attempts to push forward and compete with our so-called peers.

Some more info on the late Yarmolenko bid. It proves there was a desperate effort to spend some money as the deadline approached. Certainly adds to the sense of incompetancy.

"So what happened with Everton’s approach? According to Ihor Surkis (as reported by dt.ua), it came far, far too late:

Everton submitted a bid for Yarmolenko 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the deadline.
I was satisfied with the transfer price but we did not have time to even draw up a contract.

I was satisfied with the offer as long as Andriy was.Transfer bids cannot be submitted that late."

Who's in control of EFC?
Who carries the can when things go wrong?
Who needs to spin a story when things go wrong?

It isn't Kenwright anymore.

I'd imagine BK is sitting back pissing himself at all this after being given so much stick over the years.
Kenwright is still chairman isn't he, and it was stated weeks ago he was in charge of negotiations for players, as he has been for the past 15 years.

Lets face it any failings here reek of Kenwright.

Some of the failings (in strategy, co-ordination and execution) seem very obvious, even with the benefit of immediate hindsight.

It is a shame that this seems to be the case, even with numerous failed approaches, I still don't accept that we are as unattractive a proposition that we are made out to be.

My main concern is how this will rest with Koeman. There seems to be widespread opinion that his time here will be relatively short-lived, and he is being asked to cope with handicaps now that he won't have anticipated and shouldn't have to deal with.

It will be a great day for the club when Kenwright and Elstone are no longer in situ, their mere presence continues to harm and hamper the clubs attempts to push forward and compete with our so-called peers.

Koeman can earn his money by managing the squad he has available to the best of his ability.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back