Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Agreed that his and our interests do not perfectly align, but a club saddled with debt will not be an easy sell, most purchasers will want to see significant security released as part of the deal.

Anyway, my thoughts are that he isn't in it for the short-term profit, but we shall see.
At the very least he's not Kenwright, which means he'll be given a better hearing by the local state and commercial partners on any new stadium scheme. Kenwright's Everton were a busted flush on that score.

We'll see, as you say. I'd also add that we need to see real concrete progress pretty quickly. The momentum has gone out if this new regime and they need a good news story to stop the rot.

Many people are beginning to eye matters at the club again suspiciously. That is a big concern (or should be) for Moshiri et al.

That's a new stance for you, to blame the figure head. Is that because it suits your latest agenda? Last year it was quite a different story.

I don't know the detailed arrangements of were the power is vested between the board and the major share owner. I suggest that power may be delegated to members of the board. If that is the case then I firstly blame Moshiri for allowing incompetents to take charge of such an important aspect of the club. However I also blame those incompetents.
The question now surely is "what is Moshiri going to do about it", if he allows them to stay put and oversee another window then he is totally to blame. He needs to act now and get it sorted so that we can bring in some new talent in January.
That is if we have money to spend on players, making a profit in this window doesn't fill me full of confidence for our future.
But we are Evertonians, we live on hope, our next few games are all winnable so let's enjoy the dizzy heights of a Champions League position for the next while.

Kenwright is still chairman isn't he, and it was stated weeks ago he was in charge of negotiations for players, as he has been for the past 15 years.

Lets face it any failings here reek of Kenwright.
Sorry, that won't do at all. As we've been told, Kenwright is a marginal figure at EFC. The notion that Walsh was brought in to allow Kenwright to have ANY input into transactions is the stuff of fairy tales.

I wonder if too much of Moshiri and Ryazantsev's time and energy were being spent on stadium stuff such as the land purchase at a too critical time during the window? This allowing other people free reign with no accountability
Bill's been doing our deals for players for years, he negotiates player extensions as well.

So fair to say you can't blame Moshiri for leaving it up to Bill believing he was the best person for it, he's got massive experience in these things, Moshiri has given him one window and if there is anyone to blame then the buck will stop at Bill, Walsh and Koeman will discuss the players to bring in, Koeman probably will speak to a manager or two about the players, but Bill will have been in charge of getting deals done.

Moshiri will know where the buck stops, he'll know who failed and the reasons.

Spin spin spin. That's all we've seen since the summer of discontent ended. It really is depressing to see the new owner continue the modus operandi of the past by going to the msm and concocting hard luck stories and veiled "it was him not me" narratives.

Plus ca change in that respect.

Sorry, that won't do at all. As we've been told, Kenwright is a marginal figure at EFC. The notion that Walsh was brought in to allow Kenwright to have ANY input into transactions is the stuff of fairy tales.
Out of anyone at the club Kenwright has the most experience in dealings for players, you can't blame Moshiri for thinking Bill was the best man for the job, lessons will be learnt by Moshiri, he's no mug, one of the richest men in the world let's him run multi billion dollar companies for him.

Moshiri said he had a lot to learn, well he's done a lot of that in the last week regarding Kenwright.

I imagine that next summer, Lukaku will be sold on the grounds of needing to increase our capacity to pay big wages. Which we won't need to do as none of the targets will be remotely interested.

Dave, Walsh and Koeman will identify players, then go to Kenwright and say we want him and him, they'll give their views on what the players are worth and what we should be prepared to pay, Koeman may or may not speak with a players manager prior to any bids.

Then it will be left to Kenwright to get the deal done

Out of anyone at the club Kenwright has the most experience in dealings for players, you can't blame Moshiri for thinking Bill was the best man for the job, lessons will be learnt by Moshiri, he's no mug, one of the richest men in the world let's him run multi billion dollar companies for him.

Moshiri said he had a lot to learn, well he's done a lot of that in the last week regarding Kenwright.
Funnily enough, if there was one area that Kenwright didn't do too badly on it was getting players to commit...big money players too.

But now he's the one responsible for not getting transfers over the line with more cash to offer for them and to them. As said: that's funny.

Funnily enough, if there was one area that Kenwright didn't do too badly on it was getting players to commit...big money players too.

But now he's the one responsible for not getting transfers over the line with more cash to offer for them and to them. As said: that's funny.

Indeed David, people claim Bill isnt involved until they need a scapegoat, then its all his fault.

I blame the new boys who are clearly out of their depth, maybe the Russian fella should go back to his telemarketing job.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back