Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
.....football is a business and I'm sure Moshiri has got a portfolio of business interests, some of which Ryazantsev will have been involved in. Moshiri is successful and I don't think he employs people because they are his mates.

He paid 80m for his stake. He's worth over 1bn. I would say that's not a particularly significant dent in his personal wealth.

I wouldn't say he would feel pressured into not appointing people who he's comfortable with if it suits him personally, regardless of said appointees professionalism.

Steven, hope you are well....

Think you make a fair point that it was a difficult and unusual window in that many players forecast to move did not do so.

However that does not take anything away from what is becoming widely accepted as a poorly thought out and executed window by Everton. We had an opportunity right at the beginning of the summer to make several big statements and failed to do so.

We can shrug our shoulders and say that the way the cookie crumbles or try and improve the situation going forward......
And hopefully to "improve the situation going forward" that means we buy early and before we sell (which is effectively what we did, intentionally or not, again this window).

Spin spin spin. That's all we've seen since the summer of discontent ended. It really is depressing to see the new owner continue the modus operandi of the past by going to the msm and concocting hard luck stories and veiled "it was him not me" narratives.

Plus ca change in that respect.
You need some razor blades you...full of happiness and light ......

Exactly, I'm no big fan of BK, but we have been told that he was not involved in transfers anymore, now he's to blame.

If we had a massively successful window I bet BK wouldn't be getting all the pats on the back would he.

It was a club F up, plain and simple.

After we signed Bolasie Moshiri released a statement saying he was anxious for more new signings and that Kenwright and Walsh had his full backing in getting then. Kenwright was negotiating our transfers.

After we signed Bolasie Moshiri released a statement saying he was anxious for more new signings and that Kenwright and Walsh had his full backing in getting then. Kenwright was negotiating our transfers.

"The chairman (Bill Kenwright) is relentlessly pushing things forward with my total support for him, (director of football) Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman".

Koeman hasn't had any stick btw but according to Moshiri he was working on transfers too

I respect your views, Esk, and usually, in fact nearly all the time, agree with you, but I wonder if you are not being a little harsh with the above? I wonder if the same recriminations are to the fore behind the scenes at Chelsea, for example, because they did not get their first targets in a few areas,resulting in the re-signing of a former centre half with known flaws in his game and also at the many other clubs who 'failed to sign' or 'couldn't get over the line' targets with whom they had been linked in the media. This summer in particular has been odd, although every transfer window is vulnerable to random happenings. Prices have gone through the roof, and average players command £25-30 million fees and massive, almost obscene wages. On top of all this, at Everton we had an entirely new scenario, with,certainly, money to spend as we wished. Trouble was, just like at other clubs, players made the choice not to movie. Witsel, Mata, Strootma and the expensively priced centre back that Chelsea were after as well as us, did not move anywhere. So were Everton 'messed up',it could be perceived that Chelsea also 'messed up'.
In fact, I don't think either Everton or Chelsea messed up the window, its just the way the cookie crumbled in that particular window, and maybe we have a new norm for transfer windows, and they will all be a bit like the last one.
Every club, in that case, will learn quickly.

There is also the issue of timing. Why do we always end up on transfer deadline day scurrying around against the clock. It's true that some players only become available at a late stage when other pieces in the jigsaw have moved, but with a DoF and money to spend we should have had very specific targets and nailed them down early.........

"The chairman (Bill Kenwright) is relentlessly pushing things forward with my total support for him, (director of football) Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman".

Koeman hasn't had any stick btw but according to Moshiri he was working on transfers too

Koeman 'working on transfers is not the same as Moyes.

Koeman basically says 'find me a striker'.
Walsh goes 'What do you think of Joe Bloggs?'
Koeman: 'Like him, sign him up'.
Walsh bids & negotiates.
When everything is practically done, Koeman speaks to the player to seal the deal.

I have no idea who this feller is. Is he an accountant, economic adviser?

The only info we have is he has been with Moshiri in work done with other businesses and is described as Moshiri's "finance man".

I have to laugh that the likes of Walsh and others at the club with experience in transfer activity are in the cross hairs while "the eyes and ears" of Moshiri who reports back all activity at the club to him is not even mentioned.

Maybe he's not very good?

He's Moshiri's money man.

He also played a vital role in the bullying of Southampton to secure Koeman. "We're taking your manager and there is nothing you can do about it."

Sash gets it done.

He paid 80m for his stake. He's worth over 1bn. I would say that's not a particularly significant dent in his personal wealth.

I wouldn't say he would feel pressured into not appointing people who he's comfortable with if it suits him personally, regardless of said appointees professionalism.
That's be because it's not your money. Ever spend 8% of your total wealth on something that everyone then wanted you to spend around another ~12% on and it was a luxury item (that granted had a good chance of going up in value as an investment) and the next year some people might expect another double digit percentage of your wealth be spent on it? Again and again repeatedly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back