Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Bill only became involved towards the end of the summer when strategy and targets changed. This is what I am talking about in terms of using relationships rather than having defined roles throughout the management team.

I think the feeling towards the end of the window was to leverage off personal relationships, but it clearly didn't work (with the exception of Walsh/Gueye). It also explains the journalist's comments on Lukaku staying. Any contact from Chelsea would have gone to Bill as per previous arrangements. However the real work was done by Moshiri and Ryazantsev in persuading Lukaku and Raiola earlier in the summer.

But nobody bid for Lukaku.

This is what I dont understand, you wanna give Moshiri and Ryazantsev credit for OTHER clubs not making a bid.

There were, dare I say it, a unique set of circumstances regarding this transfer window that are never likely to be repeated altogether again.....new manager, new DOF, new majority shareholder, new money, new type of target, new expectation....as well as the distractions of progressing the new stadium and dealing with transfer fees going through the roof, two aspects which will no doubt recur.

Not what a big high up in Ford told me...by way of a sort of parable/example thingy

Degsy, he said, what is Fords business... making cars said I falling into his 'trap'...wrong, Fords business is to make money...if we could do that without making cars there wouldn't so much as a spare tyre in this place (Halewood)
....but I bet if you pressed that feller on what exactly it is he does at Ford in that primary pursuit of money he'd be able to tell you what he did in that particular organisation. Which is my question regarding Ryazantsev: whether he regards his activities as making money or facilitating a football club he presumably has a skill that furthers those aims?

I just wonder what it is.

But nobody bid for Lukaku.

This is what I dont understand, you wanna give Moshiri and Ryazantsev credit for OTHER clubs not making a bid.

No I don't. I think you misunderstand what Moshiri and Ryazantsev did. They persuaded Raiola firstly that Lukaku should stay for at least one more year. However part of the deal was to put a price in the market for Lukaku - if you like a bit of a face saving exercise, given all the noises coming out of the Lukaku camp prior to the meeting. That price was set at a level no-one would bid at.

Had Lukaku wanted to leave, or had Raiola not wished him to stay, Lukaku would have been sold for considerably less than the £75 million figure given. He, his agent and his Father would have forced a move, regardless of Moshiri's stated intention of retaining players.

No I don't. I think you misunderstand what Moshiri and Ryazantsev did. They persuaded Raiola firstly that Lukaku should stay for at least one more year. However part of the deal was to put a price in the market for Lukaku - if you like a bit of a face saving exercise, given all the noises coming out of the Lukaku camp prior to the meeting. That price was set at a level no-one would bid at.

Had Lukaku wanted to leave, or had Raiola not wished him to stay, Lukaku would have been sold for considerably less than the £75 million figure given. He, his agent and his Father would have forced a move, regardless of Moshiri's stated intention of retaining players.

I would imagine that big spending on players would have been used as the persuasion? Something Moshiri failed to deliver.

Should we be expecting in your opinion a busy winter transfer window as historically this has been said to be a difficult market.

We have signed some good players or did you miss that? The club tried hard ot get those other players but it was no fault of the club they did not come and for me it was good enough to stop being ripped off by Porto and DM as for the other nomark hope Spurs enjoy him.#
Too much bed wetting you all need nappies.

That was a long time ago, no comparison to today's football.

Of course I didn't. The jury is well and truely out and if the evidence of selling stones to fund purchases then maybe it's why ( if that's the case ) it's looking like it is but I'm willing for moshri to txt me and tell me since he tells jim White.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back