Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Should we be expecting in your opinion a busy winter transfer window as historically this has been said to be a difficult market.

I think that will depend on how we are doing on the pitch by January. If we are going well and have few injury problems seems like the strategy should be to keep powder dry until the summer in the hope we have European football/trophy to help attract players.

Alternatively if things aren't going well or there's an injury crisis we may have to go big in January to rescue the season.

I think that will depend on how we are doing on the pitch by January. If we are going well and have few injury problems seems like the strategy should be to keep powder dry until the summer in the hope we have European football/trophy to help attract players.

Alternatively if things aren't going well or there's an injury crisis we may have to go big in January to rescue the season.

If we dont then surely we will need to sell in the summer due to STCC ?

No I don't. I think you misunderstand what Moshiri and Ryazantsev did. They persuaded Raiola firstly that Lukaku should stay for at least one more year. However part of the deal was to put a price in the market for Lukaku - if you like a bit of a face saving exercise, given all the noises coming out of the Lukaku camp prior to the meeting. That price was set at a level no-one would bid at.

Had Lukaku wanted to leave, or had Raiola not wished him to stay, Lukaku would have been sold for considerably less than the £75 million figure given. He, his agent and his Father would have forced a move, regardless of Moshiri's stated intention of retaining players.

Ok, thats fair enough then.

Rescue the season for me means top 6

That will only affect the following season though.
Stones sale will more than likely cover any wage increases from the Jan window, easily. As soon as the season is over hopefully the commercial increases from that point on covers wage increases from next summer, as Esk mentioned.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back