Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri has his money tied up in the British Virgin Isles in USM Holding company. The money he has to 'play with - to buy us - and for transfers has come from selling his stake in Arsenal.

All the indications at the start of the window that moshiri Ryazantsev and walsh were the people in control of transfers ,and not until moyes dropped kenwrights name into the equation during the kone transfer that alarm bells rang for me .Moshiri ultimately carries the can putting people like kenwright and elstone into positions they shouldnt be anywhere near .All this allied to the jim white fiasco have put a huge cloud and alot of suspicion over moshiri`s reign .Only time will tell if lessons have been learnt, but definitely its put moshiri right under the microscope

Indeed David, people claim Bill isnt involved until they need a scapegoat, then its all his fault.

I blame the new boys who are clearly out of their depth, maybe the Russian fella should go back to his telemarketing job.
Ryazantsev: no experience in a football club IIRC. At least Elstone had experience in a sport organisation before being hired by Kenwright.

I wonder what the criteria was that he fulfilled to get on the board? "Moshiri's mate" I suspect.

Ryazantsev: no experience in a football club IIRC. At least Elstone had experience in a sport organisation before being hired by Kenwright.

I wonder what the criteria was that he fulfilled to get on the board? "Moshiri's mate" I suspect.

.....football is a business and I'm sure Moshiri has got a portfolio of business interests, some of which Ryazantsev will have been involved in. Moshiri is successful and I don't think he employs people because they are his mates.

.....football is a business and I'm sure Moshiri has got a portfolio of business interests, some of which Ryazantsev will have been involved in. Moshiri is successful and I don't think he employs people because they are his mates.
Stick with the narrative mate, the bloke has made a multi million pound personal investment, but he's going stick some useless stooge as his representative on the board for the craic, as he's 'his mate'.

Lol at all the BK and Elstone lovers.

Seems some people would be happy to go backwards.

Or maybe Moshiri should be directed towards the GOT membership, as employing all the experts on here would see us lifting the Champions league trophy next season with no effort whatsoever. It's obviously a piece of piss to do and a wonder every other club isn't knocking on GOT's door for membership contact details.

Im sure he was ace at buying players on FM during his lunch break.
I have no idea who this feller is. Is he an accountant, economic adviser?

The only info we have is he has been with Moshiri in work done with other businesses and is described as Moshiri's "finance man".

I have to laugh that the likes of Walsh and others at the club with experience in transfer activity are in the cross hairs while "the eyes and ears" of Moshiri who reports back all activity at the club to him is not even mentioned.

Maybe he's not very good?

I respect your views, Esk, and usually, in fact nearly all the time, agree with you, but I wonder if you are not being a little harsh with the above? I wonder if the same recriminations are to the fore behind the scenes at Chelsea, for example, because they did not get their first targets in a few areas,resulting in the re-signing of a former centre half with known flaws in his game and also at the many other clubs who 'failed to sign' or 'couldn't get over the line' targets with whom they had been linked in the media. This summer in particular has been odd, although every transfer window is vulnerable to random happenings. Prices have gone through the roof, and average players command £25-30 million fees and massive, almost obscene wages. On top of all this, at Everton we had an entirely new scenario, with,certainly, money to spend as we wished. Trouble was, just like at other clubs, players made the choice not to movie. Witsel, Mata, Strootma and the expensively priced centre back that Chelsea were after as well as us, did not move anywhere. So were Everton 'messed up',it could be perceived that Chelsea also 'messed up'.
In fact, I don't think either Everton or Chelsea messed up the window, its just the way the cookie crumbled in that particular window, and maybe we have a new norm for transfer windows, and they will all be a bit like the last one.
Every club, in that case, will learn quickly.

Steven, hope you are well....

Think you make a fair point that it was a difficult and unusual window in that many players forecast to move did not do so.

However that does not take anything away from what is becoming widely accepted as a poorly thought out and executed window by Everton. We had an opportunity right at the beginning of the summer to make several big statements and failed to do so.

We can shrug our shoulders and say that the way the cookie crumbles or try and improve the situation going forward......

Not really the issue though. What transferable skills does he have for a football club to use? You don't know and I don't....because we have no idea who or what he is.

Indeed David, people claim Bill isnt involved until they need a scapegoat, then its all his fault.

I blame the new boys who are clearly out of their depth, maybe the Russian fella should go back to his telemarketing job.

Exactly, I'm no big fan of BK, but we have been told that he was not involved in transfers anymore, now he's to blame.

If we had a massively successful window I bet BK wouldn't be getting all the pats on the back would he.

It was a club F up, plain and simple.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back