Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters

Couple this article that throws Walsh under a bus yet praises Kenwright with the texts to Jim White it certainly reeks of similar press briefings conducted by the club over the last 20 years.

The old regime have a good relationship with White, I'm still convinced it was them who were speaking to him and not Moshiri.

Unless of course you adopt normal takeover processes, by recapitalisin the business and replacing the management team.

You could apply the usual 'sharp bending' methods but it wouldn't work within a football business where you can't just sack the senior team, reduce capacity or get rid of under performing units to improve profitability overnight. We also have to paint a compelling picture to encourage players to want to join us, Stadium, Facilities, Trophies, Manager, and for us two of those items are currently not available. Its going to take a while for us to get all the ducks in a row. It can be done but it will take time.....

It does seem we had one target for every position we needed and when those deals failed we had no alternative. I find it hard believing any premier league is that incompetent but if it was at least its a relatively easy thing to fix.

Pete, there's definitely been an organisational and process failure both in strategy and particularly in execution.

Seems to me that different people did different things at different times, a lot based on perceived relationships rather than a defined process with specific accountability.

That to me is an organisational issue and usually when that fails it has to be the responsibility of the CEO.

I respect your views, Esk, and usually, in fact nearly all the time, agree with you, but I wonder if you are not being a little harsh with the above? I wonder if the same recriminations are to the fore behind the scenes at Chelsea, for example, because they did not get their first targets in a few areas,resulting in the re-signing of a former centre half with known flaws in his game and also at the many other clubs who 'failed to sign' or 'couldn't get over the line' targets with whom they had been linked in the media. This summer in particular has been odd, although every transfer window is vulnerable to random happenings. Prices have gone through the roof, and average players command £25-30 million fees and massive, almost obscene wages. On top of all this, at Everton we had an entirely new scenario, with,certainly, money to spend as we wished. Trouble was, just like at other clubs, players made the choice not to movie. Witsel, Mata, Strootma and the expensively priced centre back that Chelsea were after as well as us, did not move anywhere. So were Everton 'messed up',it could be perceived that Chelsea also 'messed up'.
In fact, I don't think either Everton or Chelsea messed up the window, its just the way the cookie crumbled in that particular window, and maybe we have a new norm for transfer windows, and they will all be a bit like the last one.
Every club, in that case, will learn quickly.

I respect your views, Esk, and usually, in fact nearly all the time, agree with you, but I wonder if you are not being a little harsh with the above? I wonder if the same recriminations are to the fore behind the scenes at Chelsea, for example, because they did not get their first targets in a few areas,resulting in the re-signing of a former centre half with known flaws in his game and also at the many other clubs who 'failed to sign' or 'couldn't get over the line' targets with whom they had been linked in the media. This summer in particular has been odd, although every transfer window is vulnerable to random happenings. Prices have gone through the roof, and average players command £25-30 million fees and massive, almost obscene wages. On top of all this, at Everton we had an entirely new scenario, with,certainly, money to spend as we wished. Trouble was, just like at other clubs, players made the choice not to movie. Witsel, Mata, Strootma and the expensively priced centre back that Chelsea were after as well as us, did not move anywhere. So were Everton 'messed up',it could be perceived that Chelsea also 'messed up'.
In fact, I don't think either Everton or Chelsea messed up the window, its just the way the cookie crumbled in that particular window, and maybe we have a new norm for transfer windows, and they will all be a bit like the last one.
Every club, in that case, will learn quickly.
It was possibly the worst window ever to be learning on the job.

Whilst we are looking at the management team let's not forget also there's communications mismanagement also. Koeman's comments on Lukaku , JW response and different briefings going on with the press. Kenyon, director of communications and his team are not covering themselves with glory here.

Said it before Esk but since Myers left our comms have been awful

Whilst we are looking at the management team let's not forget also there's communications mismanagement also. Koeman's comments on Lukaku , JW response and different briefings going on with the press. Kenyon, director of communications and his team are not covering themselves with glory here.

Blimey, we have actually GOT a director of communications?? Talk about stealing a living...

I wonder if too much of Moshiri and Ryazantsev's time and energy were being spent on stadium stuff such as the land purchase at a too critical time during the window? This allowing other people free reign with no accountability

Of course, but if he's in it to sell the club for profit, Moshiri will have those same thoughts.
Not necessarily a case where his and our interests mesh though mate. If he can get a dome in croxteth or a part of the docks well away from impacting the liverpool skyline with the club paying a lot of debt on it then he'll go for it and he'll get the profit and we'll live with the legacy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back