Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think it's baloney that they were this time around. I'm reading now from people who a few weeks ago were assuring us that Kenwright was the tea lad at Everton these days - with zero powers to influence matters - that he was conducting the last few weeks of the window. Handy that change of role like. Takes the emphasis nicely off the man in control.
Shock horror team that isn't in the Champions league and not in London doesn't get their man! Any one who thought we were just going to go out and get who they want is quite naïve. This is going to take time.

Shock horror team that isn't in the Champions league and not in London doesn't get their man! Any one who thought we were just going to go out and get who they want is quite naïve. This is going to take time.
...then dont allow your intermediaries to promise the earth then.

liverpool fan

tumblr_mvlbyvVlet1spckcao1_500.jpg

I think it's baloney that they were this time around. I'm reading now from people who a few weeks ago were assuring us that Kenwright was the tea lad at Everton these days - with zero powers to influence matters - that he was conducting the last few weeks of the window. Handy that change of role like. Takes the emphasis nicely off the man in control.

I think Dave you underestimate the level of control Moshiri exercises, the fact is at this time we will never know. Be interesting though when Moshiri takes the balance of the share holding.

I think that will depend on how we are doing on the pitch by January. If we are going well and have few injury problems seems like the strategy should be to keep powder dry until the summer in the hope we have European football/trophy to help attract players.

Alternatively if things aren't going well or there's an injury crisis we may have to go big in January to rescue the season.
Would it not be better to strengthen if we are in a good position and consolidate until the summer if not.

Steven, hope you are well....

Think you make a fair point that it was a difficult and unusual window in that many players forecast to move did not do so.

However that does not take anything away from what is becoming widely accepted as a poorly thought out and executed window by Everton. We had an opportunity right at the beginning of the summer to make several big statements and failed to do so.

We can shrug our shoulders and say that the way the cookie crumbles or try and improve the situation going forward......

I think the massive business that was done in the last couple of days of the window is an indication of how difficult it was to sign or sell/get rid of players. Your last sentence hits the nail on the head re going forward, but I still think it will be difficult to sign players early in the window.Particularly if we are looking around at players around the 30/40 million mark, who will possibly be the targets for quite a few clubs. More clubs have money to spend, and that does not neccesarily mean that more worthwhile players will be available. Effectively, a limited amount of stock aimed at a larger customer base.
Time to make sure that hand in hand with our 'war chest' we have a fully functioning Academy.'If you can't buy it...build your own'

I think the massive business that was done in the last couple of days of the window is an indication of how difficult it was to sign or sell/get rid of players. Your last sentence hits the nail on the head re going forward, but I still think it will be difficult to sign players early in the window.Particularly if we are looking around at players around the 30/40 million mark, who will possibly be the targets for quite a few clubs. More clubs have money to spend, and that does not neccesarily mean that more worthwhile players will be available. Effectively, a limited amount of stock aimed at a larger customer base.
Time to make sure that hand in hand with our 'war chest' we have a fully functioning Academy.'If you can't buy it...build your own'

Part of the problem was the blasted Euros, and other international football comps.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back