Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Lol. What a load of old tosh.

Moshiri comes out of it angry and shaking. That's what the friendly press are there for I suppose.

He's the owner, it went west on his watch no one else's.

FFS, I wish this feller had the decency and balls to just put his hand up and admit he and his team got it wrong. Instead all we've had is him casting his employees as villains of the piece.
Not sure about that, that piece sounds like something Kenwright's leaked to me. No blame for anyone apart from Walsh & Kenwrights done a great job of keeping Lukaku!

...then dont allow your intermediaries to promise the earth then.
I don't think they did, what they said was that nothing will be the same, which if you take Bolasie28 million , Williams 8 million and Gueye 7.2.
Add to that the mayor saying we are as close as we have ever been to get ting anew stadium, I don't think anyone could say that's not progress. Thank God for Bill Kenwright ,if Blue Union had their way we would have sold to the venkys!

I think the massive business that was done in the last couple of days of the window is an indication of how difficult it was to sign or sell/get rid of players. Your last sentence hits the nail on the head re going forward, but I still think it will be difficult to sign players early in the window.Particularly if we are looking around at players around the 30/40 million mark, who will possibly be the targets for quite a few clubs. More clubs have money to spend, and that does not neccesarily mean that more worthwhile players will be available. Effectively, a limited amount of stock aimed at a larger customer base.
Time to make sure that hand in hand with our 'war chest' we have a fully functioning Academy.'If you can't buy it...build your own'
Somebody who is a realist on here. Some of the f......g bedwetter's on here make you laugh

Did Moshiri get the manager he wanted ? Yes
Has progress been made on the stadium issue? By all accounts - Yes
Is the squad stronger prior to the window opening? Yes
Could we have made better use of the transfer window? Yes
Sometimes we need to look at the overall picture and not just the negatives, as disappointing the last week of the window was.

The bedwetters did warn us all, we should have listened to them, instead we drove them off the forum, shame on us, shame.

What was the warning then ? and they are all right after 1 transfer window ?

How many of them have intimate knowledge of how the club is run or what happening behind the scenes?

Did Moshiri get the manager he wanted ? Yes
Has progress been made on the stadium issue? By all accounts - Yes
Is the squad stronger prior to the window opening? Yes
Could we have made better use of the transfer window? Yes
Sometimes we need to look at the overall picture and not just the negatives, as disappointing the last week of the window was.
We have a billionaire controlling the club, but we spent less on players than we received for them and continue to see the club on a footing to borrow more money from outsiders at an exorbitant interest rate.

That's the overall picture. The rest is conjecture.

A plausible theory but there is another. Lukaku finally piped down when there was absolutely no interest forthcoming at the £65m+ level.
Chelsea eventually showed real interest but would't go anywhere near the price and not even make a single official bid and that's primarily why he stayed.
It's not that he was convinced but that no rich teams were convinced enough by him to pay big unlike with Stones.
Whatever the truth it's great he stayed.

Regarding Lukaku, better to be a seller at £65 million than a buyer at £65 million.

Which is why no one appears to have even contemplated paying that much money for him.

....but I bet if you pressed that feller on what exactly it is he does at Ford in that primary pursuit of money he'd be able to tell you what he did in that particular organisation. Which is my question regarding Ryazantsev: whether he regards his activities as making money or facilitating a football club he presumably has a skill that furthers those aims?

I just wonder what it is.

As always with Everton...and I find I'm writing this more and more often - more questions than answers

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back