Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think the massive business that was done in the last couple of days of the window is an indication of how difficult it was to sign or sell/get rid of players. Your last sentence hits the nail on the head re going forward, but I still think it will be difficult to sign players early in the window.Particularly if we are looking around at players around the 30/40 million mark, who will possibly be the targets for quite a few clubs. More clubs have money to spend, and that does not neccesarily mean that more worthwhile players will be available. Effectively, a limited amount of stock aimed at a larger customer base.
Time to make sure that hand in hand with our 'war chest' we have a fully functioning Academy.'If you can't buy it...build your own'

It's a fair point. Nobody can deny that there were challenges in recruiting people. Most sides managed to do it better than us, but there's little doubt that with the increased revenue there have been increased expectations amongst all fans from clubs.

I think the key for us is to be aware of this, but factor that into how we operate going forward. It's clear we overestimated out pull, or ability to close deals with players. We probably opened up positively with targets but that may have been down to being in the PL as much as being with anything specific to Everton's new board. A situation where you will have a wider initial interest but more difficulty closing is a different situation and one that needs planning.

I think a key question on the recruitment side over the next few weeks/months has to be "what are we trying to do" and an honest assessment of whether that is possible. Continuing to target the Witsels of this world if you are not able too is futile. If we keep targeting them not getting them and inevitably then bemoaning the difficulty of the market becomes fatalistic and self-fulfilling.

Our approach has to be based in realism and doing what we can to overcome difficulties as best as possible. If we are trying to do a Man City/Chelsea (I don't think we are) we have to appreciate we don't just need money, we need a lot more than all of our competitors. They were offering players double what clubs like Manchester United or Arsenal were. I'm not sure thats what Everton fans want. More importantly I'm not sure thats what Moshiri wants or can deliver. While he has more money than is widely reported those are insane figures. Football has more money now and is harder to blow people away as teams could 5-10 years ago.

As I said there needs to be a realism of what we are trying to do and working back from that. Maybe we want Marquee signings, if so we need to consider how we can close deals. Me personally I'd like to see us go back to the Moyes era but treat it as if we had more money. Often through lack of finance and the managers personality we couldn't complete good deals. However we had a stable club, good scouting, a decent youth academy and a management structure based on improving players gradually.

I'd like to see us look to different markets, different leagues, maybe France and Holland more as well as even the Championship. Hopefully we can get lads over the line like Perez. Also people who've been "caste off" would be useful recruiting ground from higher placed teams. Schneiderlin & Herrera would be useful acquisitions.

I could go on but the minutae isn't essential it is having a big picture of what we are trying to do. I think we missed that this summer, we seemed to try to do 3-4 different things at once. We need a clear plan and to build from there. What isn't acceptable is to aim too high, fail and then bemoan a difficult market while claiming the sign of our ambition as a defence.

I am glad it's reported Moshiri is fuming and I'm also glad Walsh is under scrutiny. They need a kick up the backside. Moshiri making his presence is felt is important. I'd love us to bulk up the board with Dein & the fella from BP as well as the potential second investor.

It's a fair point. Nobody can deny that there were challenges in recruiting people. Most sides managed to do it better than us, but there's little doubt that with the increased revenue there have been increased expectations amongst all fans from clubs.

I think the key for us is to be aware of this, but factor that into how we operate going forward. It's clear we overestimated out pull, or ability to close deals with players. We probably opened up positively with targets but that may have been down to being in the PL as much as being with anything specific to Everton's new board. A situation where you will have a wider initial interest but more difficulty closing is a different situation and one that needs planning.

I think a key question on the recruitment side over the next few weeks/months has to be "what are we trying to do" and an honest assessment of whether that is possible. Continuing to target the Witsels of this world if you are not able too is futile. If we keep targeting them not getting them and inevitably then bemoaning the difficulty of the market becomes fatalistic and self-fulfilling.

Our approach has to be based in realism and doing what we can to overcome difficulties as best as possible. If we are trying to do a Man City/Chelsea (I don't think we are) we have to appreciate we don't just need money, we need a lot more than all of our competitors. They were offering players double what clubs like Manchester United or Arsenal were. I'm not sure thats what Everton fans want. More importantly I'm not sure thats what Moshiri wants or can deliver. While he has more money than is widely reported those are insane figures. Football has more money now and is harder to blow people away as teams could 5-10 years ago.

As I said there needs to be a realism of what we are trying to do and working back from that. Maybe we want Marquee signings, if so we need to consider how we can close deals. Me personally I'd like to see us go back to the Moyes era but treat it as if we had more money. Often through lack of finance and the managers personality we couldn't complete good deals. However we had a stable club, good scouting, a decent youth academy and a management structure based on improving players gradually.

I'd like to see us look to different markets, different leagues, maybe France and Holland more as well as even the Championship. Hopefully we can get lads over the line like Perez. Also people who've been "caste off" would be useful recruiting ground from higher placed teams. Schneiderlin & Herrera would be useful acquisitions.

I could go on but the minutae isn't essential it is having a big picture of what we are trying to do. I think we missed that this summer, we seemed to try to do 3-4 different things at once. We need a clear plan and to build from there. What isn't acceptable is to aim too high, fail and then bemoan a difficult market while claiming the sign of our ambition as a defence.

I am glad it's reported Moshiri is fuming and I'm also glad Walsh is under scrutiny. They need a kick up the backside. Moshiri making his presence is felt is important. I'd love us to bulk up the board with Dein & the fella from BP as well as the potential second investor.
At last - a coherent and interesting opinion on the state of affairs at EFC like this..

TL;DR

As usual.

Hmmm....

On the subject of Alex. Or is it SASHA?

Jackson and Willow LTD (as do/did DALUBEE & KBR) seem to have a very small profile. Have you peeped them?

Also this...soon to be deleted.

View attachment 28356
Small pollster/market research company, originally set up and owned 100% by Mary Ryazantsev, who changed her name as a director to her legal name or did a deed poll (you can hold shares in an alias apparently).
Owns a laptop and printer and nothing else by the look of it, and insolvent on last accounts so probably supported by a subordinated directors loan.
Our Sasha comes on board, Mrs (as Mary) gifts 50% of the company to him.
KBR provide an accommodation registered office - quite common as it means that clients don't forget to forward stuff to you.
It would also appear that Dalubee Ltd operate a site called POCKET IVY with an app and everything for crowdfunding gifts.
That's my take given what's on the public record. But may be wide of the mark

Small pollster/market research company, originally set up and owned 100% by Mary Ryazantsev, who changed her name as a director to her legal name or did a deed poll (you can hold shares in an alias apparently).
Owns a laptop and printer and nothing else by the look of it, and insolvent on last accounts so probably supported by a subordinated directors loan.
Our Sasha comes on board, Mrs (as Mary) gifts 50% of the company to him.
KBR provide an accommodation registered office - quite common as it means that clients don't forget to forward stuff to you.
It would also appear that Dalubee Ltd operate a site called POCKET IVY with an app and everything for crowdfunding gifts.
That's my take given what's on the public record. But may be wide of the mark

doesnt this all sound very dodgy?

Hahahaah do people think we'll spend big in January.....hahahahahaha

Hey @theesk source will be back telling us were signing isco an James for £80m only for the last day to come an we get James McClean on loan.........

HaHaHa at those who are put all their faith in someone they probably never met about thing totally outside of everyone's control.

Esk passed on what he was told nowhere did he say this is gold plated truth and if you took it that way well how naive must one be.

BTW if you have solid info do share rather then whining about someone else. if you don't believe him that's your choice but there's a ignore button if you don't want the disappointment

Yep, you've lost me. Completely not the point anyone was making
Ok, assuming this is a thread about Morshiri and whether people are happy or not I think you must be a little lost. My statement is this, unhappy or not our feelings play no part in what Morshiri decides, he basically owns the club and gets to do what he wants. I don't know why it is so difficult it is to understand that. Make your points, make your statements I'm sure Morshiri is reading through them every day.:oops:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back