Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Anything mate.

If they were planning things then do something or announce something to at least alleviate tensions in the fan base.

God forbid the season goes a little south by christmas time, who do you think the fans will turn on? won't be Koeman. but it is just shows of intent, we don't need step by step updates, but until they show otherwise then the board is acting the exact same ways as it always has done.
I get what you're saying but you can't release anything until things are finalized and the only thing they can even be in the process of finalizing is the stadium. Other businesses deals like Chang, Kitbag, etc need to wait for those deals to expire

I don't think it's sell to buy as we almost blew £30m on Siss but were trying to loan Mc at the same time to get his wages off the books.
We've never behaved like we have a huge budget because, most likely, we don't but we do have RK so we're a lot better off than we would have been without Mosh. For that I'm grateful.
Did we?

We bid for a player champions league spurs wanted, waited until late on deadline day to move for him and give spurs plenty of time to match the bid and snap him up.

If we actually wanted him, just a thought, we could have flew him to liverpool earlier in the day ? The whole thing just strikes me as a phantom bid more than anything else. Whether that is down to the club, or Sky sports doing, sissoko in particular didn't sit right with me.

I get what you're saying but you can't release anything until things are finalized and the only thing they can even be in the process of finalizing is the stadium. Other businesses deals like Chang, Kitbag, etc need to wait for those deals to expire
Admittedly i can't offer an answer or solution of what i mean.

but yeah, perhaps leak some info then. We know the club does that. Leak something to get the word out with out announcing it? I mean it almost worked with the docks move before the club then came out and denied all the claims. if they ha just let them lie there, probably be a bit more reassuring

We have a billionaire controlling the club, but we spent less on players than we received for them and continue to see the club on a footing to borrow more money from outsiders at an exorbitant interest rate.

That's the overall picture. The rest is conjecture.

I think that one of those on-going loans s the 25yr one against future season ticket revenue with Bear Sterns - who I think went belly up in '08, so who has it now is anybody's guess.
But I seem to remember it was at 7.8%(?) and there were stringent early payback costs - so stringent that it was cheaper to let it run it's course. But this may not be a perfect recollection.

At least we lost the vibac con loan

Last edited:
I think that loan is the 25yr one against future season ticket revenue with Bear Sterns - who I think went belly up in '08, so who has it now is anybody's guess.
But I seem to remember it was at 7.8%(?) and there were stringent early payback costs - so stringent that it was cheaper to let it run it's course. But this may not be a perfect recollection.

He means the Vibrac/JG Funding/RMF annual loan that we've just renewed

We have a billionaire controlling the club, but we spent less on players than we received for them and continue to see the club on a footing to borrow more money from outsiders at an exorbitant interest rate.

That's the overall picture. The rest is conjecture.

Annoyingly.

He's right.

Actions > Words > Conjecture.

Your typical Evertonian has been moulded into a cynical beast.

Until I see otherwise, I'm remaining on the fence.

For me, Moshiri hasn't done anything of significance yet. Hopefully, he isn't a false dawn and we start to kick on. If we don't make any effort to address our failings to adequately support the manager (based on what Koeman said he needed) then I will wonder more...

Actions -The board has remained as is, we didn't invest in the playing squad, some cladding.
Words - Programme note, post Bolasie "anxious to strengthen the squad" placing onus elsewhere - Chairman who is "supported". Jim White quotes.
Conjecture. Meh.

As of now, for me at least as a fan who goes the game, all that has changed is we have a manager with a higher profile in the game and some stadium cladding.

Annoyingly.

He's right.

Actions -The board has remained as is, we didn't invest in the playing squad, some cladding.
Words - Programme note, post Bolasie "anxious to strengthen the squad" placing onus elsehwere - Chairman. Jim White quotes.
Conjecture. Meh.

As of now, for me at least as a fan who goes the game, all that has changed is we have a manager with a higher profile in the game and some stadium cladding.

The one thing I would say is that there was clearly a large financial outlay to sack Martinez, pay off Southampton for Koeman and pay Koeman a reportedly massive wage. That is definitely a good showing in terms of financial outlay and ambition, and we're definitely looking better now than we did before Moshiri arrived.

However things just haven't improved as much as we believed they would. If we come out of the next transfer windows more positively and the stadium situation is favourable, then I think Moshiri will have the undoubted faith of every blue. Until then however, whilst I don't think we need to be hostile towards him as he's done good things so far, there haven't been enough actions to alleviate all concerns; only time will tell if those concerns are justified.

Thought that went when what's his face sold out to Moshiri.

shows what I know then

So did everyone else mate, is just added to the furore on here. It's all a bit over the top but I can understand the ones who have a little concern. There's plenty who have gone way over the top though

Annoyingly.

He's right.

Words - Programme note, post Bolasie "anxious to strengthen the squad" placing onus elsewhere - Chairman who is "supported". Jim White quotes.
Conjecture. Meh.

New ticket machines mate. Don't forget that (or indeed that they don't work).

Then i would fully support that idea.

If the club announced that as the plan then it would be fair enough in my eyes. We do need to do that so i would happily see money go through them channels in the short term.

Except there has been radio silence over that as well. If they came out and announced business deals or a new ground or anything like that then from my own personal perspective, that is fine for the club to proceed with over simply spending the money on the pitch

While I agree in principle Ash, it's also not like the club can confirm or reveal any potentially sensitive information until any deal is complete.

While I agree in principle Ash, it's also not like the club can confirm or reveal any potentially sensitive information until any deal is complete.
They can leak snippets though through other channels. just for the fans to feed on without telling us themselves.

Done it over many other things before so no different to just getting a third party to allude to something without it coming from everton's mouth

Did we?

We bid for a player champions league spurs wanted, waited until late on deadline day to move for him and give spurs plenty of time to match the bid and snap him up.

If we actually wanted him, just a thought, we could have flew him to liverpool earlier in the day ? The whole thing just strikes me as a phantom bid more than anything else. Whether that is down to the club, or Sky sports doing, sissoko in particular didn't sit right with me.

Why would the club put in a 'phantom bid' and make itself look ridiculous.......

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back