7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Annoyingly.

He's right.

Actions -The board has remained as is, we didn't invest in the playing squad, some cladding.
Words - Programme note, post Bolasie "anxious to strengthen the squad" placing onus elsewhere - Chairman who is "supported". Jim White quotes.
Conjecture. Meh.

As of now, for me at least as a fan who goes the game, all that has changed is we have a manager with a higher profile in the game and some stadium cladding.
I totally agree with everything you have said but it does put you at odds with the board's No.1 ITK and mod

Why would the club put in a 'phantom bid' and make itself look ridiculous.......

I agree, I can't see it being a phantom bid. The texts afterwards strike me as damage limitation. For an analogy it struck me as a bloke who chatted up a woman and she went off with his better looking mate texting a third party to say he wasn't really interested anyway and wasn't try to pull her.

I agree, I can't see it being a phantom bid. The texts afterwards strike me as damage limitation. For an analogy it struck me as a bloke who chatted up a woman and she went off with his better looking mate texting a third party to say he wasn't really interested anyway and wasn't try to pull her.

Exactly......

People seemingly ignoring the fact that Moshiri was able to lure both Koeman and Walsh from clubs with European football to a bottom half club. Based on what? It cannot just be that Moshiri hiked their salaries massively (even if it was just this that is ambitious in and of itself). Pre-Moshiri the chances of us attracting Koeman, Walsh, Williams or Bolasie would be zero. Not only would we be unable to attract them we'd probably be unable to afford them as well. In all likelihood Lukaku would not be here either, Martinez still would be and the likes of Barkley Mirallas Coleman and Baines would seriously be considering their futures with the club. There wouldn't even be a sniff of a rumour about a waterfront stadium, and the annual cycle of loans and poor sponsorship deals would not even have a rumoured end in sight.

To say nothing has changed is absolutely ridiculous. I can half understand that the pace of change isnt what some people thought but people seem to be asking for the impossible.

How long has Abramovich worked on a new stadium for Chelsea? How long has Levy taken to get Spurs to where they are in terms of their stadium? How long did successive Liverpool regimes take just to even expand a new stand? Yet for some reason our fanbase is demanding that Moshiri nails this down within the first 6 months of his tenure, something that has evaded previous Everton regimes for decades.

On the playing side, how many seasons of a blank cheque did it take for Manchester City to get into the CL? (Even including Shinawatra's money that Sven spent freely)? Quite a few, they had an awkward phase in between buying the calibre of players such as Roque Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge, Shay Given, Gareth Barry before they could go for stars like Silva and Aguero. Moshiri delivers premier league players (Williams and Bolasie) with high profiles yet is derided for not landing that marquee signing in his very first window (Everton fans now casually ignoring that we broke our transfer record)

As a fanbase we are desperate for success so i understand the impatience but really if you'd laid out this position last year there would not be one fan who wouldn't have bitten your hand off to be where we are now. There has been improvement whether you blindly deny it or not. The playing squad is deeper and has more quality than it had, the managerial team is more experienced, has won more, and has a better reputation in the game, improvements have been made to Finch Farm and Goodison, and unless Joe Anderson is a complete liar then a new stadium i closer than it ever has been. All of this within Moshiri's first 6 months. Yet people are labelling him a fraud, absolute lunacy.

People seemingly ignoring the fact that Moshiri was able to lure both Koeman and Walsh from clubs with European football to a bottom half club. Based on what? It cannot just be that Moshiri hiked their salaries massively (even if it was just this that is ambitious in and of itself). Pre-Moshiri the chances of us attracting Koeman, Walsh, Williams or Bolasie would be zero. Not only would we be unable to attract them we'd probably be unable to afford them as well. In all likelihood Lukaku would not be here either, Martinez still would be and the likes of Barkley Mirallas Coleman and Baines would seriously be considering their futures with the club. There wouldn't even be a sniff of a rumour about a waterfront stadium, and the annual cycle of loans and poor sponsorship deals would not even have a rumoured end in sight.

To say nothing has changed is absolutely ridiculous. I can half understand that the pace of change isnt what some people thought but people seem to be asking for the impossible.

How long has Abramovich worked on a new stadium for Chelsea? How long has Levy taken to get Spurs to where they are in terms of their stadium? How long did successive Liverpool regimes take just to even expand a new stand? Yet for some reason our fanbase is demanding that Moshiri nails this down within the first 6 months of his tenure, something that has evaded previous Everton regimes for decades.

On the playing side, how many seasons of a blank cheque did it take for Manchester City to get into the CL? (Even including Shinawatra's money that Sven spent freely)? Quite a few, they had an awkward phase in between buying the calibre of players such as Roque Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge, Shay Given, Gareth Barry before they could go for stars like Silva and Aguero. Moshiri delivers premier league players (Williams and Bolasie) with high profiles yet is derided for not landing that marquee signing in his very first window (Everton fans now casually ignoring that we broke our transfer record)

As a fanbase we are desperate for success so i understand the impatience but really if you'd laid out this position last year there would not be one fan who wouldn't have bitten your hand off to be where we are now. There has been improvement whether you blindly deny it or not. The playing squad is deeper and has more quality than it had, the managerial team is more experienced, has won more, and has a better reputation in the game, improvements have been made to Finch Farm and Goodison, and unless Joe Anderson is a complete liar then a new stadium i closer than it ever has been. All of this within Moshiri's first 6 months. Yet people are labelling him a fraud, absolute lunacy.

Excellent post...........

Exactly mate.

For nothing to have genuinely changed at the club then Moshiri has sold Koeman, Walsh, Joe Anderson and assorted players, journos, club officials, Kenwright et al a total pup.

As he's sold them all the club based on his ambition, and that ambition included player investment and a new stadium. So if that was lies, then when was he expecting them all to find out like? And how was he expecting to get away with it?

Questioning the blokes entire integrity based on a handful of botched transfers at the end of the window is completely overblown nonsense

Some good points but... No chance we'd have landed RK without Moshiri but part of the reason we got him were the leaked claims of having a massive budget.
Given our net spend it's now reasonable to question those claims and I'd be surprised if RK himself isn't doing so privately.

Honestly the amount of people who think they know more about how to run a business than Moshiri is amazing. Of course, this highly respected financial adviser worth 2 billion has no idea what he is doing and has spent all that money on buying Everton with no plan to improve it.

I

Although there are plenty of examples of billionaire owners who have come in and found that their business plans are a bit of a shambles - Mike Ashley, Ellis Short, Randy Lerner etc.

I think Everton fans are rightly very sceptical these days - we've seen enough stadium plans bite the dust, and too many 'sell to buy' transfer windows.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back