Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I am clinging to the hope that last week was a product of various factors - incompetence, naivety, duplication, lack of leadership and co-ordination etc etc.

Nor for me is it about £100m - I would just like re-assurance on the stadium in particular and that the change in personnel at executive/board level will occur sooner rather than later.

On transfer spending, we'll just have to wait to see the colour of the clubs money in windows to come, although if Lukaku does leave next summer, you would imagine that will form most if not all of our budget then anyway.

I could well believe Kenwright was behind the Jim White stuff. I don't think he would purposely sabotage the club, but he most certainly is prone to engage in hyperbole based on little or nothing.

I really hope we will see movement on a new CEO/chairman in the next few weeks. I could understand both remaining in place for a handover period, and it may have been seen as unwise to make wholesale changes in the course of a period where a new manager and DoF were appointed, as well as the window being open. It seems tied to Moshiri's exercising of his share options? If so, I hope that happens very soon.

I know from my own experience that getting results from people you haven't worked with before is no match for having your own people in place - you can then delegate effectively based on a previous record of delivery and the trust that comes with building up a personal relationship, enhanced by that record of delivery. Moshiri needs his own people in all of the key posts.

Prior Moshiri it was Yarmolenko and others.

Now it was Witsel, Kone, Gabbiadini, Perez and others.

The eventual outcome was as it has been for a long time. A lack of investment in the playing squad.

Did we?

Moshiri: "Sissoko is a great player. But when I bought into Everton, I made it clear I was proud to join a family. And we don’t turn our backs on our own. Keeping James McCarthy was a priority and ultimately we could not proceed with a deal that would jeopardise his place at Everton. We wish Sissoko the best."

Likewise, to herald him as a saviour.

I'm all for hope and optimism, but I think some allow it to cloud judgement. I try, as best as I can - call a spade, a spade.

To date, I couldn't say Moshiri has had any significant impact on Everton. Scribble down how Moshiri has improved us so far, and you need to put a big circle and emphasis around how long he's been here to mitigate the lack of significant activity for me.
The truth is we just don't know either way and I'm surprised there's still people who haven't reached that conclusion.

Maybe they are ITK but for the rest of us it's definitely a case of wait and see.

That reads like you think Koeman came to the club because of an article in the Echo

Massive L.O.L.

I'm sure he would've asked his own questions and got his own answers. Answers that he was happy with.
Koeman himself was undoubtly told there was a massive budget then it was leaked in the media with headlines of "RK the No. 1 target. He'll be given £100m to spend."
This happened in the week before the final game of the season. It may be his agent who leaked it to encourage a bidding war with SFC.

Protest next home game lids, everyone wear one of these:

BTJqEm_CYAAE_Pz.jpg

Moshiri so far has a rather embarrassing record as owner. Yes he may prove to be the real deal in time but theres far from any guarantee of that. So far all we can judge him on is what has actually happened. To claim it's been great so far is delusional. To claim he will definitely get us success is delusional. To claim he definitely won't get us success is also delusional. To doubt he can get us success is fair.

That's where we are at the minute.

Moshiri so far has a rather embarrassing record as owner. Yes he may prove to be the real deal in time but theres far from any guarantee of that. So far all we can judge him on is what has actually happened. To claim it's been great so far is delusional. To claim he will definitely get us success is delusional. To claim he definitely won't get us success is also delusional. To doubt he can get us success is fair.

Agreed, I still think he can be a game changer, im pretty sure hes as "angry" as some of us are, he promised us the world and gave us nothing, I hope hes angry, I hope he reads this forum with people calling him a fraud and I hope he rams the words down peoples throats.

But to suggest that hes so far "proven his worth" is beyond delusion for me.

That's where you are at the minute. Please stop talking as if everyone agrees with you.

Without Moshiri there's no way we'd have gotten RK but to get RK Moshiri exaggerated the budget.
If we'd have landed Siss and say Bony on loan we'd have spent only around 1/3 of the mooted £100m but there would be a totally different perception.
I think this is what he expected. To spend far less than mooted but still be seen as the messiah. Instead there was an f up and he's angry because his rep is tarnished. It's now going to be harder for him to sell his vision of a new stadium and secure investment and cooperation.

Without Moshiri there's no way we'd have gotten RK but to get RK Moshiri exaggerated the budget.
If we'd have landed Siss and say Bony on loan we'd have spent only around 1/3 of the mooted £100m but there would be a totally different perception.
I think this is what he expected. To spend far less than mooted but still be seen as the messiah. Instead there was an f up and he's angry because his rep is tarnished. It's now going to be harder for him to sell his vision of a new stadium and secure investment and cooperation.

Another myth tho sadly.

Koeman was turning us down, it was only when Southampton wanted him to sign another contract that he joined us.

Soz.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back