Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That first Martinez season was fantastic, both on and off the playing field.

Not only were we great on the pitch, but one really felt we were at last coming to grips with football in the new century off it.

We have gone back so far in two and a but years it is both unbelieveable and extremely sad.
Spot on mate.

I've quoted this elsewhere in relation to that season:

"Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot"

It was a fleeting and wondrous thing. For some reason it couldn't last.

Reading the Harry Catterick book of late (again) and you get that same sense of something delicate but fantastic being put together in terms of the 1970 team that played fluid and beautiful football. While I'm in no way comparing that magnificent team and its achievement in 1969/70 to that Martinez team of a few years back, it did have the same sense of something impermanent about it.

Spot on mate.

I've quoted this elsewhere in relation to that season:

"Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot"

It was a fleeting and wondrous thing. For some reason it couldn't last.

Reading the Harry Catterick book of late (again) and you get that same sense of something delicate but fantastic being put together in terms of the 1970 team that played fluid and beautiful football. While I'm in no way comparing that magnificent team and its achievement in 1969/70 to that Martinez team of a few years back, it did have the same sense of something impermanent about it.

But then the bottom fell out of it and consecutive bottom half finishes put paid to that.

But then the bottom fell out of it and consecutive bottom half finishes put paid to that.
That's what I'm saying. It was a flash in the pan first season (with a few purple patches thrown in during season's two and three such as the EL run and two domestic cup runs of last season).

The first season did happen though, the great football on display was there and the wins did pile up; which is why anyone using descriptions of the man as a 'fraud' and a 'clown' are ridiculous.

That's what I'm saying. It was a flash in the pan first season (with a few purple patches thrown in during season's two and three such as the EL run and two domestic cup runs of last season).

The first season did happen though, the great football on display was there and the wins did pile up; which is why anyone using descriptions of the man as a 'fraud' and a 'clown' are ridiculous.

dave, are you sat down.....?

I agree with you.

Reminds me of another quote, Dave......this time from The Bard.

At Caesar's funeral, Marc Antony steps up to give the oration......the old "Friends, Romans, countrymen" thingy.

He goes on to say......"the evil that men do lives after them.....the good is oft interred with their bones".

I feel there is a narrative among many of our friends on here that we had three awful years under Bobby.......the truth is the wheels only really came off around the turn of this year.

Even toward the end of 2015, whilst we weren't getting the results the football at times was exhilarating.

Oh... my... we have a breakthrough!

So the debt was paid off? But we've also taken out our usual loan?

Forgive me on this Esk, I'm a bit dim when it comes to matters such as this...

Like yourself Toff, I would be no expert on matters fiscal.

I do however know that businessmen tend not to use their own money to finance ventures if they can get a loan at a decent interest rate.

Even in my household capacity, I took an extra loan on my mortgage to finance an extension to the house even though we could have paid for it out of our savings.

Now I have the loan nearly paid off and my savings still intact :)

So looking at it like that, I think it makes perfect sense to pay off loans then re-finance at a more favourable rate of interest.

(If indeed that is what happened in this case)

I do however know that businessmen tend not to use their own money to finance ventures if they can get a loan at a decent interest rate.

Even in my household capacity, I took an extra loan on my mortgage to finance an extension to the house even though we could have paid for it out of our savings.

So looking at it like that, I think it makes perfect sense to pay off loans then re-finance at a more favourable rate of interest.

There is no place for people talking sense in this thread. Begone before I report you.

obviously he is not going to fill the pockets of the other owners by just giving money to Everton.. guess we could finance transfers with loans and maybe where Moshiri underwrites the loans to begin with. at some point there could be a right issue where loans are paid and convertet into more shares to Moshiri.

But he's yet to loan the club any money at all. He could also very easily increase his shareholding to beyond 50% but he is deliberately and strategically choosing not to. Why is that?

I'm not sure how the loaning of money fits in with FFP and the allowed losses of 105 million over three years, but I don't have a problem with him lending us money as long as it is at a reasonable rate. He has yet to do so though, all he has done is spend the club's money, and to be honest he didn't even manage to do that as we had a negative net spend in the transfer window.

dave, are you sat down.....?

I agree with you.
Then perhaps pressure could be brought to bear by you and other mods to stop this man's name being dragged through the mud on here with some disgusting language such as 'El pricko"? The feller, as far as I'm aware, has said or done nothing to dishonour Everton and gave all of his attention and efforts to try and boost the club with word and deed.

Absolutely agree Khal (if this is the case)

You need to read the documentation, it's a facility currently.

Last year's loan was paid off in the summer when the final PL payment was received. Had the loan rolled over we would have agreed a new charge in early July as did West Ham through the same source.

So this particular loan was paid off with club money, Moshiri hasn't paid off any loans at all, and the old Prudential loan hasn't been paid off either. The simple truth is that Moshiri is yet to invest any money into Everton.

Reminds me of another quote, Dave......this time from The Bard.

At Caesar's funeral, Marc Antony steps up to give the oration......the old "Friends, Romans, countrymen" thingy.

He goes on to say......"the evil that men do lives after them.....the good is oft interred with their bones".

I feel there is a narrative among many of our friends on here that we had three awful years under Bobby.......the truth is the wheels only really came off around the turn of this year.

Even toward the end of 2015, whilst we weren't getting the results the football at times was exhilarating.
Cap doffed, sir. Magnificent.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back