Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I'm not sure TBH, very few clubs do big business without some big income, such as Juve, they got Higuain but had to sell Pogba, or they knew the money was en route, Real and Atletico did very very little and both knew these bans were a possibility, Roma and Napoli both sold their best player to Juve. Even PSG and Barca were quiet. Also Bayern?

I do worry that we cant land a marquee signing again and stuff like this will be used to explain it away.

I do worry that we cant land a marquee signing again and stuff like this will be used to explain it away.
Why are you predicting the reasons that will be offered up, following a negative that hasn't even occurred yet?

Players arent gonna be knocking the door down to join an 11th placed Everton team that they weren't even born last time we won our national league, like Koeman Said today, if we achieve our target this season attracting players will be easier next season.

Generally speaking though if you want quality you do have to pay for it.

Indeed. But quality doesnt always mean marquee, does it?

Point I made when it all kicked off was that I said the last thing I would want is some ridiculous signing to win the willy waggling prize, a'la City did.

But anyrate, lets see if the club/Moshiri have learnt from what seemingly went wrong.

Indeed. But quality doesnt always mean marquee, does it?

Point I made when it all kicked off was that I said the last thing I would want is some ridiculous signing to win the willy waggling prize, a'la City did.

But anyrate, lets see if the club/Moshiri have learnt from what seemingly went wrong.
Case in point: Barry and Martyn. Two of our best signings in the past 20 years. £1.5M for the pair.

Still, if you look at successful teams (Leicester notwithstanding) they cost to put together.

Case in point: Barry and Martyn. Two of our best signings in the past 20 years. £1.5M for the pair.

Still, if you look at successful teams (Leicester notwithstanding) they cost to put together.

Quite.

Its a balance I guess. I reckon we look more solid and balanced than we have for a while, (not a RM dig, just an observation), with 2 points dropped out of nine, without our £75m (sic) striker getting a sniff.

RK seems to be getting a tune out of Kev, given Geri a look as well. We have a stronger midfield, a more solid defence, and a front line that looks terrific, on paper. Without spending a bean really.

Not all roses and daisy chains, but ok.

The general carousel of the transfer window leading to clubs buying after selling etc. After all, wasn't it said that our summer transfer window never got going until after a big European league sale, Higuain or whoever?

I think you're not far off there Dave.

I saw an interesting diagram of how the money basically moved.

It's all a bit crap to be honest. No wonder Kenwright can't let go of this stage..it rivals Corrie..

Quite.

Its a balance I guess. I reckon we look more solid and balanced than we have for a while, (not a RM dig, just an observation), with 2 points dropped out of nine, without our £75m (sic) striker getting a sniff.

RK seems to be getting a tune out of Kev, given Geri a look as well. We have a stronger midfield, a more solid defence, and a front line that looks terrific, on paper. Without spending a bean really.

Not all roses and daisy chains, but ok.
I'd say it's way too early to judge anything, tbh.

Mirallas' form has picked up yeah, but you know as well as I do what that feller's like. Once the novelty of impressing a new manager wears off he'll be jogging about or doing daft stuff like shooting from the halfway line or drop kicking a defender.

I'd say it's way too early to judge anything, tbh.

Mirallas' form has picked up yeah, but you know as well as I do what that feller's like. Once the novelty of impressing a new manager wears off he'll be jogging about or doing daft stuff like shooting from the halfway line or drop kicking a defender.

Couldnt agree more mate. 6 months ffs!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back