Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I see, yeah. Yeah, defo that has been the case. I suppose bringing the kid in from Sheffield Utd, Calvert-Lewin, suggest a continuation of that.

Until we build up our non broadcasting income we are going to need to generate player trading profits to meet future wage increases. If this can be achieved through buying promising young players, developing them and moving them on for a profit then it should be welcomed.

Until we build up our non broadcasting income we are going to need to generate player trading profits to meet future wage increases. If this can be achieved through buying promising young players, developing them and moving them on for a profit then it should be welcomed.
It's a (continuation of) policy that should go hand in hand with what was intimated strongly would happen: buy in top quality.

How can you cover three positions with a player that has only managed 17 apps in two years?
Yeah. As I was writing it I thought "boxed off" was a bit of a lazy comment but I cba changing it.

Agree there is a big question mark over his fitness. Wilshire will always polarise opinion but in my mind there aren't many better creative midfielders around in the premiership.

It was TDD. We desperately needed someone to challenge and cover for Ross. He was available and a 12 month loan can hardly be considered too much of a risk. No brainer for me.

How the hell tho can we ever get stability? We make a player good then sell him? Yearh because that's good for moving forwards? Deffo don't agree here mate!

How the hell tho can we ever get stability? We make a player good then sell him? Yearh because that's good for moving forwards? Deffo don't agree here mate!

I think its just the reality of how it is until we sort all the off field aspects to bridge that financial gap - not always going to be that way if Mosh delivers on the business and stadium front.

it does all seem a bit pointless if we cant get the players to sign to take up the headway in wages that is created though.

Moshiri is no sugar daddy like Abramovich or Monsour, he hasn't got the inclination to do that or the capital.

He has balance releasing money for transfers and building a new stadium. To build a new stadium will require using TV money/debt/selling naming rights/public handout. If break even spending in this transfer window was to save money for future use on a new stadium, that is one of the ways to finance it. Too much debt will straddle us with servicing it and more than likely affect the transfer budget. Selling naming rights is an easy way to get money. Will be interesting to see if we can get a handout.

There's no question that Moshiri took the ultimate decision to sack Martinez and for that we should all be grateful.
We may now also have an answer as to why we've taken out a new loan facility.
"Martinez agreed to a slight reduction if the payment was made in a single instalment"

It's a small matter but in the interests of accuracy, Elstone has been a board member for several years. The only change was him formally becoming a Director
Fair enough, that was my mistake - I'm not very well versed in these matters.

Would you agree that Elstone still being here in any capacity, let alone a more formalised one, should represent cause for concern?

I knew Kenwright would take some shifting (although I was hoping he'd be reduced to merely a figurehead by now), but I fully expected Elstone's feet not to touch the floor. The club's financial performance under his leadership has been nothing short of embarrassing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back