Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Seeing the state of Swansea City today, after being seen as an example of a well run club, they sold their club to Americans who have done nothing but ruin the good work which has taken place over the years. People on here moan that Morishi hasnt spent millions so must be a fraud, please just think how bad it could be. For every Man City and Chelsea there seems to be loads of Newcastle, Villa, Cardiff, Swansea to name a few.

If Morishi does confirm plans to provide a new stadium and Koeman spends in the next 12 months, I will be thankful to Bill Kenwright for selling to a good man.

Seeing the state of Swansea City today, after being seen as an example of a well run club, they sold their club to Americans who have done nothing but ruin the good work which has taken place over the years. People on here moan that Morishi hasnt spent millions so must be a fraud, please just think how bad it could be. For every Man City and Chelsea there seems to be loads of Newcastle, Villa, Cardiff, Swansea to name a few.

If Morishi does confirm plans to provide a new stadium and Koeman spends in the next 12 months, I will be thankful to Bill Kenwright for selling to a good man.

Or, again, you can see it for what it is - new owners come in, see current incumbent boss, don't like his work, want to put their own man in, sack and replace.

Which is... er....

An example that suggests the good ship Everton does not involve itself in 'irregularities' might be one of the biggest issues in getting the Witsel deal completed. Aside from the player who can be described as difficult the biggest stumbling block was agent fees. Everton refused to meet several of the agent demands. I am not inferring irregularities by the agent just commenting that we will not just meet agent demands to get a deal done.

If you're hinting at irregularity that's one thing if you're saying we wouldn't pay agent fees then that's completely different and probably nothing to be too proud of .

I remember we signed Cahill because palace wouldn't pay an agent fee , united when Moyes took over stopped using 'super agents ' and unsuprisingly struggled to get a number of deals across the line . Whether we like it or not it's part of the business and one that's unlikely to disappear , unless FA regulations change .

Irregular payments are something completely different but contractual payments to agents are as part of the system as much as transfer fees.

If you're hinting at irregularity that's one thing if you're saying we wouldn't pay agent fees then that's completely different and probably nothing to be too proud of .

I remember we signed Cahill because palace wouldn't pay an agent fee , united when Moyes took over stopped using 'super agents ' and unsuprisingly struggle to get a number of deals across the line . Whether we like it or not it's part of the business and one that's unlikely to disappear , unless FA regulations change .

Irregular payments are something completely different but contractual payments to agents are as part of the system as much as transfer fees.

It's also very conveniently ignoring that the first signing we made was to a goalkeeper who just so happened to be a client of the same agency as Koeman.

I'd also be surprised if Koeman's agent wasn't due a fee after his work during the summer securing that deal .

But ok, this destroys the convenient excuse for a lack of signings, but let's ignore it.

Our club needs real change, not a rebranding of the same old rubbish.

But ok, this destroys the convenient excuse for a lack of signings, but let's ignore it.

Our club needs real change, not a rebranding of the same old rubbish.

I'm not sure how or if it impacted on our signings but I do know the two chairman most opposed to agent fees , who in fact fought against their payment were Simon Jordan and Karl Oyston. I hope it isn't true as if it is he's not exactly in illustrious company .

We're super rich but spent nothing net. The reasons? BK & Co are bafflingly incompetent or players wouldn't sign without Europe.
The latest straw to be grasped is we didn't want to pay agent fees. Very topical. Here's a simple alternative: The leaked stories of a huge budget were greatly exaggerated.

An example that suggests the good ship Everton does not involve itself in 'irregularities' might be one of the biggest issues in getting the Witsel deal completed. Aside from the player who can be described as difficult the biggest stumbling block was agent fees. Everton refused to meet several of the agent demands. I am not inferring irregularities by the agent just commenting that we will not just meet agent demands to get a deal done.
Forgive me mate, but the notion that a feller like Moshiri, given the clients he's dealt with in the past, would have a moral aversion to paying agents' fees is a bit of a stretch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back