Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I disagree totally. If you make it clear to people you don't cheat you put yourself at an enormous advantage to those that do. I say that with over 25 years commercial experience of emerging markets.

Corruption has a damaging effect on national economic performances.

Its key impact is damaging competitiveness.

As well as being a crime of dishonesty.

Its a major reason why its illegal. As it harms to public good, overall.

Not everyone who has operated in Asia or the former Soviet States is corrupt.

Additionally it is (even if they so desired) increasingly difficult for clubs to operate in a manner in which they may have done in the past. There's also legislation which now makes companies liable for the actions of their employees (2010 Bribery Act). Therefore I'd be extremely surprised if Everton or its employees were involved in such.

I suspect the problem today lies with agents and what they do with their fees rather than the club's themselves.

My earlier point about Everton not just rolling over on agents fees suggests they are aware of the potential for wrong doing and are not prepared to allow it to happen within their control.

The reason I have advocated a 'Corporate Compliance Director' for EFC is thus:

1. Needs to be director level to ensure that legal + sporting compliance is strategic to the company and the person nominated has the seniority to act directly on behalf of the shareholders.

2. HR and similar may not have seniority to act against director level employees - where necessary

3. The definitions are being deliberately circumnavigated (e.g. Allardyce quotes on camera) and the issue is that Club Employees (scouts and or senior player acquisition parties may be unduly influenced for cash - and act contrary to the best interests of the club - under the influence of third parties). This is a strategic problem for EFC

A dedicated independent director answers direct to shareholders and the CEO.

It puts a break or is designed to make it very difficult for any EFC employee to act against the interests of EFC - in favour of third party interests.

This is my view and I have thought long and hard about it.

The reason I have advocated a 'Corporate Compliance Director' for EFC is thus:

1. Needs to be director level to ensure that legal + sporting compliance is strategic to the company and the person nominated has the seniority to act directly on behalf of the shareholders.

2. HR and similar may not have seniority to act against director level employees - where necessary

3. The definitions are being deliberately circumnavigated (e.g. Allardyce quotes on camera) and the issue is that Club Employees (scouts and or senior player acquisition parties may be unduly influenced for cash - and act contrary to the best interests of the club - under the influence of third parties). This is a strategic problem for EFC

A dedicated independent director answers direct to shareholders and the CEO.

It puts a break or is designed to make it very difficult for any EFC employee to act against the interests of EFC - in favour of third party interests.

This is my view and I have thought long and hard about it.

Robert Elstone says no.

Robert Elstone says no.

The shareholders are the people that should be looking at the Telegraph report and thinking some measures needs to be put in place.

Equally Bill Kenwright as the CEO should really be looking at this as well.

And thinking what defences has the club got against this.

Because to my mind it looks on paper as short as Martinez's 2015/2016 defence for potential conceding of goals.

The shareholders are the people that should be looking at the Telegraph report and thinking some measures needs to be put in place.

Equally Bill Kenwright as the CEO should really be looking at this as well.

And thinking what defences has the club got against this.

Because to my mind it looks on paper as short as Martinez's 2015/2016 defence for potential conceding of goals.

Bill ain't CEO

Dave many got rich on the back of the Russian mineral boom , you did not mention Abromovich! for one. Btw many of these would not have been successful but for their close relationship with Vladimir. Some were not so lucky nad ended up in nick.

AS for the passing of cash, clubs have a duty to be mindful of the regulations as to how it effects them underhand payments are not acceptable. just staying within rules as you say does not absolve them of a duty.
Why not? If Everton pay agents off and it's within PL guidelines I doubt there's anything more to do than that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back