Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Football fans aren't interested in that. They're rightfully more interested in seeing exciting new signings made or improvements to the club's facilities, something we badly need. Hopefully Mr Moshiri is the saviour that Mr Kenwright promised us, and our new era will be ushered in soon.

So because fans aren't interested in Moshiri paying off our debts or how much he's had to pay to sack El Fraud and his team, we should ignore it?

Pretty much the only thing we haven't seen some form of progress on was transfers - we are told that this was because we missed out at the last minute on a number of targets. Fair enough, the proof will be in the pudding on that one.

Other than that he's paid off a load of our debts, forked out over £10m to get rid of an underperforming manager, agreed to pay for a facelift to Goodison (the plans for which had been kicking round for a few years), manage to attract Koeman (and is paying him something like the 8th highest managerial salary in world football) and appears to be making some progress on the stadium front.

He's doing ok as far as I can see - he does need to ensure that he has people in place to get transfers over the line next summer, but other than that things appear to be going alright.

I`m as sceptical as anyone while Kenwright,Woods and Elstone remain but the fact that we have paid off numerous debts including the mortgage for GP over the 8 months Moshiri has been in.Also the fact that we have a top manager and director of football that Moshiri was ruthless in his persuit of.
We didn't have a good window for whatever reasons and we may address that in January, but the signs are we now look like we will have a shiny new stadium down on the banks of the royal blue mersey and the baggage left from previous regimes is slowly decreasing.

That Pru loan being paid imo means a new stadium announcement is imminent

Further to my earlier post, one reason for not repaying RMF last year's loan would be to free up capital to repay Pru - effectively replacing long term debt with short term debt (repaid over next couple of TV money seasons or less) and minimal capital input. Bear in mind that iirc there was no share capital increase up to August confirmation statement. Possible scenario so thought it should be mentioned.
*sits in airport, waits for flight, no bloody smoking area.

January window will speak volumes on were we are going as a club. We need to sign players in January to make good of the allowed wage increase for this season. If we don't it will be sell to buy again next summer or an increase of only 7m in wages for next season. This right @The Esk?

I get fed up people doubting Moshiri. Why bother? You think your cunning investigation will lead to finding out he's a fraud or if it goes wrong you can smugly say 'I told you so!'. Why bother support a club if you pile misery into it??

I look it at this way, are things better than they were before he bought in to the club? Yes. We would have sold more players, we would have gambled on Howe being able to handle the pressure to go from Bournemouth to us, we would have had the same problem getting in decent players without throwing stupid amounts of oil funded cash around like our dear near neighbours.

Time will tell whether he is everything we hoped for or if he turned out to be a complete crap house. Until then try to remember we are still 6th in the league, ahead of everyone we technically should be above, Goodison is getting a makeover, there are positive signs regarding finding a new stadium. Enjoy it because it might actually never get any better than it is now. Judge Moshiri after 2/3 years, then you can make some well thought out arguments.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back