Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Players are available in Jan yes it becomes harder and more expensive but if our financial fire power is high as some
Make out why can't it be a successful window?

Excuse makers already

Players are available in Jan yes it becomes harder and more expensive but if our financial fire power is high as some
Make out why can't it be a successful window?

Excuse makers already

I think what the 'excuse makers' are saying is don't expect a total re-haul of the squad (which isn't needed anyway).

For example, a first choice goalkeeper who is going to replace Stek long-term almost certainly won't be available in Jan, as no team is going to let a quality goalkeeper go (which is what we need to improve us) in the middle of the season.

However, deals for attacking players that are either a) at poorer teams in poorer leagues or b) not first choice, will be a bit more feasible - same goes for midfielders (Schneiderlin would be my No.1 choice for example).

I think we'll see 2-3 deals done, all of which will improve the squad.

The key is getting those deals (or the majority of them) done quickly. Not definitely the first week of the window, but certainly not leaving it until deadline day.

I think some of the problems people have with their perception of him relate to the old guard still being in place,the same ones who let the club stagnate,failed in delivering a stadium and who signed the commercial deals,thats casting a slight shadow over the whole deal,taking some of the gloss off

Deals are always there to be done I hate it used as an excuse and it shouldn't be.

I agree mate. It's an excuse that goes back to the Moyes days. Loads of money will be spent throughout football this January, and we will have the opportunity to do so if we want to.

People act as if there is some massive discount available on players during the summer compared to January, or that it's a lot easier to sign players during the summer. The truth is that good players always come at a massive premium, and that we will have to pay massive wages if we want to attract them, and this remains the case during January or the summer.

I agree mate. It's an excuse that goes back to the Moyes days. Loads of money will be spent throughout football this January, and we will have the opportunity to do so if we want to.

People act as if there is some massive discount available on players during the summer compared to January, or that it's a lot easier to sign players during the summer. The truth is that good players always come at a massive premium, and that we will have to pay massive wages if we want to attract them, and this remains the case during January or the summer.
There's far less deals done in January than the summer. The very top end players rarely move in the Jan window.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back