Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Is that a question or a statement?

I'm saying that things aren't like they used to be, teams have more money and even less likely to sell in January that's all.

January is for strengthening not major squad rebuilds. Our obvious need in January, with the ANCON, will be a midfielder and an attacker. 2 additions. That should be the target. Getting neither would be poor.

yeah but apart from sacking martinez, hiring Koeman plus team, hiring walsh, renovating Goodison, clearing debt and progressing with a new stadium, what has the Mosh ever done for us?
It is possible that no debt has been cleared overall - long term debt (Pru) replaced by short term debt (now 2 years RMF outstanding charges). Also, as there is no sign of a share issue as yet, any money put in by BHHL will be way of loan, albeit unsecured, so there is a distinct possibility that debt has increased.
Just sayin.

It is possible that no debt has been cleared overall - long term debt (Pru) replaced by short term debt (now 2 years RMF outstanding charges). Also, as there is no sign of a share issue as yet, any money put in by BHHL will be way of loan, albeit unsecured, so there is a distinct possibility that debt has increased.
Just sayin.

Whilst you are correct in what you say that the Pru debt could be rolled into short term debt, that's not what I was informed earlier in the summer.

Last years RMF debt has been repaid, even though currently the charge appears unsatisfied.

He's done nothing.

Hired a new manager after sacking one? Yes. And?

Spruce up Goodison? Great.

Dock stadium speculation? Fantastic.

Sorry, if that was Kenwright we were talking about we'd be laughing our bollocks off at that little package.

He'll get plaudits when he actually does something substantial. Check that one off.

Whilst you are correct in what you say that the Pru debt could be rolled into short term debt, that's not what I was informed earlier in the summer.

Last years RMF debt has been repaid, even though currently the charge appears unsatisfied.
So if that is the case it has been funded by?
I'm merely pointing out that if BHHL has satisfied the existing debt by an injection of funds, then the original debt + any repayment charges would equal more than the orginal debt, just a different borrower, When you add on this years RMF loan, then on paper the debt is higher than it was in May, so it is misleading to say that debt has been paid down. Probably on more favourable terms, but debt is debt.
Curmudgeonly arl arse I may be, but the accounts will tell if RMF advance was paid off.
I may be wrong, and if I am my hair shirt and flagellator are on standby, but I refuse to dress up as a Munchkin and sing "Ding dong the debt is dead" until the evidence is there.
The debt can only have been paid down by:-
Share issue - hasn't happened
Sale of assets - not if all transfers were on similar terms
From profits - a possibility I suppose, but imho quite remote
New debt - RMF/BHHL

Perhaps it's just me mate and I'm missing something here though.

*sits waiting for accounts to be published

He's done nothing.

Hired a new manager after sacking one? Yes. And?

Spruce up Goodison? Great.

Dock stadium speculation? Fantastic.

Sorry, if that was Kenwright we were talking about we'd be laughing our bollocks off at that little package.

He'll get plaudits when he actually does something substantial. Check that one off.

So he's not done nothing then.

It's been a little over 6 months. It's clearly more than speculation about a new stadium as well. I think it's fair to reserve judgement until after he has exercised the full share option.

So he's not done nothing then.

It's been a little over 6 months. It's clearly more than speculation about a new stadium as well. I think it's fair to reserve judgement until after he has exercised the full share option.
Nothing of substance, no.

He hasn't. We made a profit on the summer transfer window; he's looking at possible stadium locations. I think that's a pattern we were familiar with before Moshiri showed up. I've seen little evidence of a clean break with the past yet. Just saying it's all revolutionary means zip to me. I know what I see.

Nothing of substance, no.

He hasn't. We made a profit on the summer transfer window; he's looking at possible stadium locations. I think that's a pattern we were familiar with before Moshiri showed up. I've seen little evidence of a clean break with the past yet. Just saying it's all revolutionary means zip to me. I know what I see.

Reducing club debt?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back