Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Nothing of substance, no.

He hasn't. We made a profit on the summer transfer window; he's looking at possible stadium locations. I think that's a pattern we were familiar with before Moshiri showed up. I've seen little evidence of a clean break with the past yet. Just saying it's all revolutionary means zip to me. I know what I see.

Sacking Martinez, bringing in his number 1 target in terms of his replacement and bringing in the current champions head of recruitment is of substance, some might say.

You're being unrealistic in terms of the pace of progress Dave, particularly when football is now essentially the bit between transfer windows.

Caution is well warranted with Everton of course.

So he's not done nothing then.

It's been a little over 6 months. It's clearly more than speculation about a new stadium as well. I think it's fair to reserve judgement until after he has exercised the full share option.

Nothing of substance, no.

He hasn't. We made a profit on the summer transfer window; he's looking at possible stadium locations. I think that's a pattern we were familiar with before Moshiri showed up. I've seen little evidence of a clean break with the past yet. Just saying it's all revolutionary means zip to me. I know what I see.

I'll agree with both. It's still a wait and see period. It looks good, but the Summer transfer window negative spend rightfully should have us expecting more.

He's done nothing.

Hired a new manager after sacking one? Yes. And?

Spruce up Goodison? Great.

Dock stadium speculation? Fantastic.

Sorry, if that was Kenwright we were talking about we'd be laughing our bollocks off at that little package.

He'll get plaudits when he actually does something substantial. Check that one off.

Hmmmm...If that was Kenwright he would have hired a manager of a team that was perennially at the wrong end of the table, maybe even got them relegated the season before. :D

The spruce up of goodison would have been done with nothing more than a paint brush and filler.

It's a little bit more than speculation about the docks don't you think? If Moshiri was just playing for publicity then he's done well to drag the mayor and the world's most eminent stadium architect with him. They seem to think he can afford it, just us that say he can't then!!!

I personally don't think he is that good an actor, why do all of this if you know there was a large chance it's just a pipe dream? The revolt would be monumental. He is going for it and that's all we can ask from him.

He's just reduced the club debt by paying off the long term Prudential loan.
This is in addition to sacking Martinez & co and hiring Koeman & co, no small change that cost a total of circa £20m to do.
Also finally giving us the financial ability to build a new ground in a prime location without the need for begging the council for money or needing 'third part enabling developments'.

I think Everton will (try to) hammer the January transfer window so that Moshiri can send out the statement of intent about the club that was so badly mangled by the summer's transfer failings.
I think this is pretty likely as well although it may just be 2 or 3 high profile players rather than a bus load of newbies. If we work on the assumption that BM will be announced this side of Christmas then it would be pure folly to let momentum die with another underwhelming window.

Well that and also letting down Koeman again which would be unwise given his solid start.

I think this is pretty likely as well although it may just be 2 or 3 high profile players rather than a bus load of newbies. If we work on the assumption that BM will be announced this side of Christmas then it would be pure folly to let momentum die with another underwhelming window.

Well that and also letting down Koeman again which would be unwise given his solid start.
I would hope that he doesn't interfere in the transfer dealings at all other than writing the cheque. He has spent big money to put people in place to handle the football side of things so they should be trusted to do their jobs irrespective of whether the players identified cost ten bob or a tanner

I would hope that he doesn't interfere in the transfer dealings at all other than writing the cheque. He has spent big money to put people in place to handle the football side of things so they should be trusted to do their jobs irrespective of whether the players identified cost ten bob or a tanner
I agree with that to an extent but I feel when it comes down to securing a really proven top level star that meeting the man with vision and the cash is important.

He's done nothing.

Hired a new manager after sacking one? Yes. And?

Spruce up Goodison? Great.

Dock stadium speculation? Fantastic.

Sorry, if that was Kenwright we were talking about we'd be laughing our bollocks off at that little package.

He'll get plaudits when he actually does something substantial. Check that one off.

Kenwright could not get Koeman or Walsh to the table. Just wouldn't happen. I doubt he could have convinced Lukaku to stay either. There wouldn't even be speculation over a dock side stadium. Moshiri is making things happen, whether the pace of change is to your liking is another question but we are undoubtedly on a better footing now than before he came in. Can you imagine the fan discontent if he hadn't? Martinez stayed, Stones and Lukaku go, Mirallas et al mouthing off to the press. Would have been a nightmare.

Hmmm
Has nobody realised how big an issue having the debt paid off is...
Was that ever going to happen with BK RE in sole control ?
This is A BIG THING ...
Imagine how your life or business potential would look with that constant financial drain of expensive interest payments sudddnly goes away
GAME CHANGER
Those of you who deny anything is different are just hanging on to old Complaints .....it's halfway between summer and January window ... quiet news week for our high profile whingers so let's get in the nothing's changed band waggon AGAIN zzzzzzzz

Hmmmm...If that was Kenwright he would have hired a manager of a team that was perennially at the wrong end of the table, maybe even got them relegated the season before. :D

The spruce up of goodison would have been done with nothing more than a paint brush and filler.

It's a little bit more than speculation about the docks don't you think? If Moshiri was just playing for publicity then he's done well to drag the mayor and the world's most eminent stadium architect with him. They seem to think he can afford it, just us that say he can't then!!!

I personally don't think he is that good an actor, why do all of this if you know there was a large chance it's just a pipe dream? The revolt would be monumental. He is going for it and that's all we can ask from him.

An organisation like KEIOC hired studies of stadium solutions from first class architects, so Meis being in tow means absolutely nothing. That's all it is atm: speculation about the docks.

There's nothing so far from Moshiri to be 'blown away' over.

Kenwright could not get Koeman or Walsh to the table. Just wouldn't happen. I doubt he could have convinced Lukaku to stay either. There wouldn't even be speculation over a dock side stadium. Moshiri is making things happen, whether the pace of change is to your liking is another question but we are undoubtedly on a better footing now than before he came in. Can you imagine the fan discontent if he hadn't? Martinez stayed, Stones and Lukaku go, Mirallas et al mouthing off to the press. Would have been a nightmare.
It's all froth. "Others wouldn't have done this that and the other....but Moshiri has done it". It's nothing though. A change of manager is just perfunctory stuff; there's been no massve transfer spending; there's photos of people at a dock and talks about talks.

It's all froth. "Others wouldn't have done this that and the other....but Moshiri has done it". It's nothing though. A change of manager is just perfunctory stuff; there's been no massve transfer spending; there's photos of people at a dock and talks about talks.

It's not though, it should be viewed the same as a player transfer. Some owners would have stuck with Martinez, others may have fired him (we know how expensive that was now) but then scouted the market for someone cheap and available, any of the old names on the circuit Moyes, Bruce, Allardyce, Di Matteo. Then you get owners who fire the manager at exorbitant cost, then from 11th place attract (money and proposition) a trophy winning manager from a premier league club above you in the table and with European football. Not only that, he then pays out for arguably the best player recruiter in the premier league and snares him from the champions.

These scenarios are drastically different and therefore it's not just as simple as changing a manager. Moshiri took the hard expensive road for the best quality we could get at the time. This should be applauded not derided.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back