Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
What have you seen so far? Massive net spending on the squad? Spade in the ground of a new stadium? Fantastic transformation of the commercial arm of the club?

Me neither.

He's taken away long term debt...sorry, the club have, becuse he's loaned them the money to do that and he wants that back.

Substance. That's what I deal in. Not flannel.
He can't spend massively on the squad due to premier league rules. Spade in the ground can't come before planning that takes a while on a world heritage site. massive sponsorship of our training ground.

Don't know why I get dragged in to commenting on your musings. It's like having dogsh1t on your hand. You can't help coming back to sniff it!!

Your thoughts on Moshiri then mate?
I don't hold much of an opinion of him, tbh. What has he done? What? I keep asking to be educated on this mans economic miracle but there doesn't seem to be any substantial answer.

He's certainly got great PR I'll give him that, because he's done nothing of great note so far. Maybe I missed the hundreds of millions spent in the team, or the stadium being built or the reorganised commercial department recording massive profits?

He can't spend massively on the squad due to premier league rules. Spade in the ground can't come before planning that takes a while on a world heritage site. massive sponsorship of our training ground.

Don't know why I get dragged in to commenting on your musings. It's like having dogsh1t on your hand. You can't help coming back to sniff it!!
1 year. New management team. Stadium refreshed, new stadium on the cards. No debt. Moanmoanmoanmoanmoan

...so no substance then.

We're still at the stage of promises. Nothing has changed. He's learned well from his association with Kenwright.

So what's better now?

I keep asking people who think Moshiri is doing a fantastic job that and no one can ever come up with anything other than "he's paid off a debt" (which he hasn't anyway, the club have ultimately).
Well if you cant see the change Dave I think its about time you give up your agenda or stop following this cub.

I don't hold much of an opinion of him, tbh. What has he done? What? I keep asking to be educated on this mans economic miracle but there doesn't seem to be any substantial answer.

He's certainly got great PR I'll give him that, because he's done nothing of great note so far. Maybe I missed the hundreds of millions spent in the team, or the stadium being built or the reorganised commercial department recording massive profits?
This has been an area of concern for me.

I truly believe off field he will be great for us. Things are being put into place, and, we are an announcement away hopefully from a dream move to the docks regarding our decades-long stadium problem.

Based on what I have seen on field, I can't see us competing for honours unless more wealth comes to the Board/Ownership.

What he has done though is provide us fans with hope. We were rudderless, had no ambition and no hope 12 months ago mate. At least now we appear to have some plan?

I thought you were about to inform me what substantial thing has happened since he took charge, but no luck. The search for the explanation goes on.
Whats to explain ?
The previous regime left us not only stagnating but falling behind in every department.
Moshiri has given us at the very least hope.Hope that evaporated years ago.
We have all been waiting for a spark and Moshiri has provided that. He's put us in a healthy position without debt , started bringing much needed income into the club.Has the backing of the council (now theres a first) plans for a riverside stadium , a top draw manager and now a squad able to compete at the right end of the Premier lge.
But if you want to think nothings changed thats up to you , but the majority matchgoers can see a major difference from the toxic (yet merited) atmosphere of the past couple of seasons .

This has been an area of concern for me.

I truly believe off field he will be great for us. Things are being put into place, and, we are an announcement away hopefully from a dream move to the docks regarding our decades-long stadium problem.

Based on what I have seen on field, I can't see us competing for honours unless more wealth comes to the Board/Ownership.

What he has done though is provide us fans with hope. We were rudderless, had no ambition and no hope 12 months ago mate. At least now we appear to have some plan?
He's provided words at this stage and his helpers in the local media and on forums like this have spun them for him.

Here's where we are substantially: not one inch further forward in terms of a leap in net spending; not one inch further forward on a stadium; not one inch further on from the commercial mess this club has always been in; not one inch forward in terms of the calibre of men running this club on a day-to-day basis.

Here's what's substantially happened: we now owe a massive debt to Moshiri and not the outside body that the securitization deal debt was owed to. That will be paid back. It's not a gift. It's a debt that's just taken on a different form.

That is it.

He's provided words at this stage and his helpers in the local media and on forums like this have spun them for him.

Here's where we are substantially: not one inch further forward in terms of a leap in net spending; not one inch further forward on a stadium; not one inch further on from the commercial mess this club has always been in; not one inch forward in terms of the calibre of men running this club on a day-to-day basis.

Here's what's substantially happened: we now owe a massive debt to Moshiri and not the outside body that the securitization deal debt was owed to. That will be paid back. It's not a gift. It's a debt that's just taken on a different form.

That is it.
Were you expecting a new stadium by now?

Were you expecting a new stadium by now?
I was expecting agreement on a scheme, I was expecting planning permission, I was expecting Everton to be preparing to go on site and start developing it.

I was not expecting more words and promises and Joe Anderson and some feller called Meis exchanging tweets and that being the sum total of our stadium build efforts after 12 months officially in control and months before that putting in plans to buy the club and provide a vision for it.

We really have been dumbed down immensely if we look at that situation and feel satisfied with it.

I was expecting agreement on a scheme, I was expecting planning permission, I was expecting Everton to be preparing to go on site and start developing it.

I was not expecting more words and promises and Joe Anderson and some feller called Meis exchanging tweets and that being the sum total of our stadium build efforts after 12 months officially in control and months before that putting in plans to buy the club and provide a vision for it.

We really have been dumbed down immensely if we look at that situation and feel satisfied with it.

So a process that has taken Abramovich and Levy years and years to complete with Chelsea snd Spurs you were expecting to be done in a matter of months by Moshiri?

That is it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back