Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Then if Peel are not going to go for this move on. Quickly.

We have a pie in the sky 'scheme' that's going nowhere? Switch tack and develop a stadium elsewhere.

I expect decisive decision making from Moshiri. All I've heard so far is a load of flannel and inaction.

What's the thinking here though - "if something is difficult and complex to do, don't do it, and do something easier"?

Not exactly NSNO is it.

Would you rather be at SBC in 3 years or BM in 5?

The potential for BM to push the club on, is absolutely worth persevering with despite the obvious difficulty and complexity of the site/build.

Seems like you want to settle for second best.

...so no substance then.

We're still at the stage of promises. Nothing has changed. He's learned well from his association with Kenwright.
Are you wilfully not reading the post?
We have a new dof- Walsh, a new scouting network, a new manager, coaches etc. The debts have no interest payable now, the sponsorship revenues are way up and about to go much higher. Were about to announce plans to build a new stadium probably in the dream location.

But, nothings changed. Moanmoanmoanmoanmoan

Then if Peel are not going to go for this move on. Quickly.

We have a pie in the sky 'scheme' that's going nowhere? Switch tack and develop a stadium elsewhere.

I expect decisive decision making from Moshiri. All I've heard so far is a load of flannel and inaction.

When we have a docks stadium agreement announced by the end of the season, can you apologise to the forum for spouting tripe for this whole time?

Also, a letter of apologies to Moshiri would be good too.

You keep bringing up Lukaku, but he would've left last summer if it wasn't for Koeman/Moshiri.

On top of that, without Moshiri we would still have Martinez and be on course for a brilliant 14th place finish with absolutely no chance of getting a new stadium.

He's provided words at this stage and his helpers in the local media and on forums like this have spun them for him.

Here's where we are substantially: not one inch further forward in terms of a leap in net spending; not one inch further forward on a stadium; not one inch further on from the commercial mess this club has always been in; not one inch forward in terms of the calibre of men running this club on a day-to-day basis.

Here's what's substantially happened: we now owe a massive debt to Moshiri and not the outside body that the securitization deal debt was owed to. That will be paid back. It's not a gift. It's a debt that's just taken on a different form.

That is it.

Honestly there are no words to describe the state of these views. You could actually be a meaningful poster if you act as a voice of caution, in some regard there is a very valid case for this, however you would still need to see there is a MASSIVE difference between the Everton today and the Everton pre 2016.

It's that or you have been watching another club all these years?

I know I'm wasting my own energy but here we go i will answer your points one at a time:

not one inch further forward in terms of a leap in net spending

Who said you have to have a massive net spend? The whole point is to have a team and squad that are better than it was previously, most blues will say that is the case. The cheaper it costs to do this is actually better as it shows the club is being run properly. There are mitigating factors why we didn't spend huge, players that we wanted didn't come due to a lack of European football and the fact we finished way down in the previous two seasons. Oh and of course the main reason FFP. There is no point bringing in loads of average expensive players just to say we've spent cash, you will just have to replace these for better ones. Over the next few windows if we continue to spend similar to what comes in then you are right we are being run in a particular way.

not one inch further forward on a stadium

How do you know this? Spill the beans if you are sat in all the meetings to prove this claim. As others said it takes time to get these things together. Is it as far along as we would want? No. If you want a cheap new stadium in Kirkby I'm sure that could be done quicker.

not one inch further on from the commercial mess this club has always been in

Errr haven't we just signed a record sponsorship deal? I think a lot more media outlets are paying more attention to us which can only lead to more income. Some people call that whoring but I would say it's smart business.

not one inch forward in terms of the calibre of men running this club on a day-to-day basis.

Of course it would be much better to pay the bank millions of pounds on interest every season, we should go back to what we were doing beforehand... :Blink: For the rest see the points above.

Of course we would like Elstone and possibly Kenwright gone already but that will happen.

We've recently announced a host of new commercial deals and confirmed more at the AGM. Lad, you chat utter wham constantly. I don't understand how anyone can be so negative.

Do you honestly think that a site can be secured, stadium designed, planning permission gained, public consultation done and a spade in the ground within a year? Because it can't. It can take up to 6 months for someone to box off permission for a kitchen extension in the Old Swan.
"Lad" here's a timeframe for the Kings Dock scheme from when Kenwright took control in new year 2000:

Submission of the initial bid to develop Kings Dock (6 October 2000) 10 months into the new regime

Fans vote strongly in favour of a new stadium at Kings Dock (18 November 2000)

Submission of detailed stadium proposals (17 January 2001)

Planning permission received 18 months into the takeover (23 July 2001)

That was the Kenwright regime. THE KENWRIGHT REGIME.

When we have a docks stadium agreement announced by the end of the season, can you apologise to the forum for spouting tripe for this whole time?

Also, a letter of apologies to Moshiri would be good too.

When we have it by the end of the season. And if we dont? What then? Because that latter scenario is looking favourite really isnt it?

I posted the timeline of the Kings Dock above. You think Moshiri shouldnt at least be matching that?

Obviously two different projects have their own difficulties to overcome, but we have had zip, zero, not a 'kin sausage by way of any official commentary on the development of a new site from this new regime. It's left to Joe Anderson to open his grid and tell us where 'the preferred outcome' is up to.

It isn't good enough. The reason why more people arn't kicking up an almighty fuss over this is because the results on the pitch have had a turn for the better.

This is all looking very familiar for any Everton stadium watcher.

You keep bringing up Lukaku, but he would've left last summer if it wasn't for Koeman/Moshiri.

On top of that, without Moshiri we would still have Martinez and be on course for a brilliant 14th place finish with absolutely no chance of getting a new stadium.
That's all natural churn you get when passing from one manager to another. You dont need a billionaire for that.

Honestly there are no words to describe the state of these views. You could actually be a meaningful poster if you act as a voice of caution, in some regard there is a very valid case for this, however you would still need to see there is a MASSIVE difference between the Everton today and the Everton pre 2016.

It's that or you have been watching another club all these years?

I know I'm wasting my own energy but here we go i will answer your points one at a time:

not one inch further forward in terms of a leap in net spending

Who said you have to have a massive net spend? The whole point is to have a team and squad that are better than it was previously, most blues will say that is the case. The cheaper it costs to do this is actually better as it shows the club is being run properly. There are mitigating factors why we didn't spend huge, players that we wanted didn't come due to a lack of European football and the fact we finished way down in the previous two seasons. Oh and of course the main reason FFP. There is no point bringing in loads of average expensive players just to say we've spent cash, you will just have to replace these for better ones. Over the next few windows if we continue to spend similar to what comes in then you are right we are being run in a particular way.

not one inch further forward on a stadium

How do you know this? Spill the beans if you are sat in all the meetings to prove this claim. As others said it takes time to get these things together. Is it as far along as we would want? No. If you want a cheap new stadium in Kirkby I'm sure that could be done quicker.

not one inch further on from the commercial mess this club has always been in

Errr haven't we just signed a record sponsorship deal? I think a lot more media outlets are paying more attention to us which can only lead to more income. Some people call that whoring but I would say it's smart business.

not one inch forward in terms of the calibre of men running this club on a day-to-day basis.

Of course it would be much better to pay the bank millions of pounds on interest every season, we should go back to what we were doing beforehand... :Blink: For the rest see the points above.

Of course we would like Elstone and possibly Kenwright gone already but that will happen.
So, to summarise:

No increased net spending because of some players targeted wanted to go elsewhere - really, are we down to this BS again? The money spent is largely through recycling cash our players fetch for sale.

No stadium - I have to bring you evidence that nothing is happening? There is nothing happening, THAT's my evidence. The burden of proof lies very much with anyone providing this regime with excuses.

New sponsorship deals? They;re about as clear as mud and they involve cobbling together shirt sponsorship and training ground sponsorship...and even then it looks short of being like any financial step forward. We remain a basket case commercially speaking.

So, to summarise:

No increased net spending because of some players targeted wanted to go elsewhere - really, are we down to this BS again? The money spent is largely through recycling cash our players fetch for sale.

No stadium - I have to bring you evidence that nothing is happening? There is nothing happening, THAT's my evidence. The burden of proof lies very much with anyone providing this regime with excuses.

New sponsorship deals? They;re about as clear as mud and they involve cobbling together shirt sponsorship and training ground sponsorship...and even then it looks short of being like any financial step forward. We remain a basket case commercially speaking.
You are unbelievable mate. I dont know whether your an Evertonian, a WUM or even a closet kopite.

Whilst Daves stance may seen hostile to most, its hard to argue with, given the actual evidence we have :

Not a single penny spent on players
Not a single spade in the ground with regards the stadium

So currently hes actually spot on.

Stadium news and a serious transfer spend in the summer will of course "fix" all that, but currently, Moshiri has done the grand sum of ZERO, bar employ some serious PR team.

You are unbelievable mate. I dont know whether your an Evertonian, a WUM or even a closet kopite.
Let me ask you a question: we have a billionaire in charge of Everton for just on a year (officially). Cast your mind back to when it was announced. Now are you happy that what you hoped would happen (what you could envisage realistically happening) has been fulfilled?

I'm pretty sure that back then no one was expecting us to use our own players to make up our transfer budgets, and no one thought Elstone would still be in charge, and no one thought we'd be at the stage of a mayor talking BS about our stadium prospects with no feedback from the club whatsoever.

That's where we stand though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back