Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
And this super quick set of events led to what exactly?

Not to mention that this project was driven through other developers with us hanging on by the coat tails.

Do it once do it properly. All you've proven there is that it's easy to talk BS and go along without the proper funding in place. Surely better to get all your ducks in a row first then start announcing stuff. No false promises have been made, the club say they are working on it and are hopeful, but according to you nothing has been done re a stadium so obviously we should believe you instead. Special thanks to Dan for going along with the gag, cause surely we wouldn't pay millions for soneone to design something we have no intention to build.

The fact of that matter is the club is way better of than it was before he took over, does that automatically mean we will keep progressing? Possibly not. This is where you can use your particular brand of negativity to good use to say you want more proof of all of the above and it can still go to crap from here. God knows we have all been swept up before so we can understand where you are coming from.

But to say nothing has been done at all in the face of overwhelming evidence makes you either insane or a WUM. I will leave it up to you to decide.
The KD stadium was there and ready for Everton. The ONLY thing that stopped it was Kenwright standing in the way of Gregg's connections coming up with the £30M cash we had to ante up as it left him marginalised.

The plan that was put in place worked.

I have no idea how accurate that is, and dont really care. Cos the way I see it is that someone else has paid us £8m to vastly improve the first team, and get rid of pretty much every player who was nowhere near our new first team standard
Apparently Spurs net spend prior to the start of last season season was just over £4m since 2012. With the summer window it's now a mere £1m.

Obviously the sales of the likes of Bale and Modric helped facilitate this, however are they often not heralded as a successful way to run a club?

People may question the extent of Moshiri's investment, especially regarding transfers, and perhaps rightly so if having a balanced discussion.

Yet personally, as you mention, we've shown significant improvement on and off the pitch and have made good additions to the squad.

So as long as we keep going in the right direction and the investment in transfers emerges if it is necessary, then I'll be happy to support Moshiri.

The KD stadium was there and ready for Everton. The ONLY thing that stopped it was Kenwright standing in the way of Gregg's connections coming up with the £30M cash we had to ante up as it left him marginalised.

The plan that was put in place worked.

Yes the plan may have worked, (although there were rumours that our financial input was going to have to go way beyond the 30 million and that's when the real cold feet set in) but it was someone else's plan, much like Kirkby was driven by Tesco's.

This is completely ours we are negotiating from the start with private landowner. I know you will counter that he is a billionaire and should pay whatever, but on a project that is going to cost 300-500 million, i'm sure the numbers have to add up because this stadium will be a millstone around our necks otherwise.

I don't think for one second Moshiri is bank rolling unlimited funds for us.

I have no idea how accurate that is, and dont really care. Cos the way I see it is that someone else has paid us £8m to vastly improve the first team, and get rid of pretty much every player who was nowhere near our new first team standard.

Lob in the usual Koeman/Walsh/Compo cash, and I reckon that aint to shabby a piece of work.

Exactamundo! I like the cut of your jib.

Yes the plan may have worked, (although there were rumours that our financial input was going to have to go way beyond the 30 million and that's when the real cold feet set in) but it was someone else's plan, much like Kirkby was driven by Tesco's.

This is completely ours we are negotiating from the start with private landowner. I know you will counter that he is a billionaire and should pay whatever, but on a project that is going to cost 300-500 million, i'm sure the numbers have to add up because this stadium will be a millstone around our necks otherwise.

I don't think for one second Moshiri is bank rolling unlimited funds for us.
Essentially it's the same structure: a deal between private sector, public sector and the club.

We should be further on this. There is no question about that.

Essentially it's the same structure: a deal between private sector, public sector and the club.

We should be further on this. There is no question about that.
There are lots of questions about that.
Why should we be further on? How far are we on? How far should we be on? Why aren't you blaming Koeman for this? What on earth has Martinez done so far in making this happen?
Just to be going on with.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back