Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
he has bought us on the cheap, has even got LCC to act as guarantors, he will turn us over very quickly to the highest bidder, his fat mate Alisher will have his fingers in the construction of said stadia, again at a vast profit. this is going to end in tears.

Would you prefer he bought us at a sky-high price, get an astronomical private loan, hold on to the club no matter what and not use his contacts to get better deals on construction? What's wrong with ultimately selling to the highest bidder? Would you prefer we were sold to the lowest bidder?! Literally nothing you've said here makes any sense. Football clubs are businesses, not some special case in the world of finance. Your negative spin is unwarranted.

Absolutely comedy god this. It's North Korean levels of Kim Jong-un worship.

"His huge contacts book will also open doors to banks, hedge funds, pensions or big insurers, that would otherwise have been closed to Everton. But why hasn’t he just signed a cheque and handed the money over? Because Moshiri has the long-term interests of Everton at heart and at the General Meeting in January he used the words “sustainable” and “sustainability”. Certainly not phrases to send shivers of excitement down your spine, but important ones, because he is not interested in becoming Everton’s Sugar Daddy.

Moshiri wants the club to, one day, be able to stand on its own two feet and so is mindful that however much more of his personal wealth he is prepared to use, it must also be invested into the squad - this way, he can influence matters on the field, but still do so off them as well.
Everton is not an investment opportunity for Moshiri, where he expects to see a financial return. It's a project of passion to help Everton start mixing with the elite again. And so within reason, amid sensible financial planning but also with the injection of not insignificant amounts of his own money, he can give the club the leg-up it needs. Ploughing over £300m of his own fortune into a new stadium is not how this one works."

Gid bless the Echo. Funniest comic around.

Getting rid of Martinez and the site for our new stadium on the waterfront secured.What a gift from the god's this Moshiri fella is.If it wasn't for him Martinez would still be in charge and we'd be in the bottom three now!Im happy and sad about the stadium.It will be great when our new arena on the Liverpool waterfront will be completed but the long goodbye until we leave Goodison will be so sad.It will really will be the ultimate i don't want to leave even though i have to moment when we play our last game at Goodison.

Getting rid of Martinez and the site for our new stadium on the waterfront secured.What a gift from the god's this Moshiri fella is.If it wasn't for him Martinez would still be in charge and we'd be in the bottom three now!Im happy and sad about the stadium.It will be great when our new arena on the Liverpool waterfront will be completed but the long goodbye until we leave Goodison will be so sad.
Your gift from God wants to pile £350M (nearer £400M by the time it'll be built) onto Everton.

He sits back with zero risk and then cashes in at a later date.

He's got £2billion but he's asked a council that cant or wont provide services to pensioners, kids and the infirm to be creditors for the club....and you're thanking him.

Lol.

Your gift from God wants to pile £350M (nearer £400M by the time it'll be built) onto Everton.

He's got £2billion but he's asked a council that cant or wont provide services to pensioners, kids and the infirm to be creditors for the club....and you're thanking him.

Lol.

Or. He has used a vehicle/council to enable low rate borrowing, allowing him to support the team on the pitch?

Time will tell I guess.

Or. He has used a vehicle/council to enable low rate borrowing, allowing him to support the team on the pitch?

Time will tell I guess.
That will be closely watched now. And rightly so given that is the argument for pursuing this financing route.

(cash from sales of players dont count, of course).

Lol.

I know the Mosh is not a popular man with you after the way he pulled the plug on the Martinez regime.lol The sale for the site to Everton football club has been agreed.There is other hurdles to negotiate but we have purchased the site.

I know the Mosh is not a popular man with you after the way he pulled the plug on the Martinez regime.lol The sale for the site to Everton football club has been agreed.There is other hurdles to negotiate but we have purchased the site.

He's a no mark owner at the moment.

I'll let you know if he ever deserves praise. Selling our players for transfer war chests and doing a Hicks and Gillett leveraging act for a stadium aren't helping, tbh.

That will be closely watched now. And rightly so given that is the argument for pursuing this financing route.

(cash from sales of players dont count, of course).

Rightly so.

Encouraged that he has seemingly progressed the ground, which will be there way after you and I, so kudos so far on that. I just have a nagging feeling and I cant pin anything on it. Maybe 40 odd years as a Blue does it to us!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back