Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That will be closely watched now. And rightly so given that is the argument for pursuing this financing route.

(cash from sales of players dont count, of course).
Have you listened to The Esk on the Blueroom, the podcast from this week?

He says the entire ground move wouldn't be possible without Moshiri.

Make of that what you will.

Your gift from God wants to pile £350M (nearer £400M by the time it'll be built) onto Everton.

He sits back with zero risk and then cashes in at a later date.

He's got £2billion but he's asked a council that cant or wont provide services to pensioners, kids and the infirm to be creditors for the club....and you're thanking him.

Lol.
Do you realise how much he has saved US in interest by paying off OUR debt and allowing US to repay it interest free?

He's a no mark owner at the moment.

I'll let you know if he ever deserves praise. Selling our players for transfer war chests and doing a Hicks and Gillett leveraging act for a stadium aren't helping, tbh.
Who paid for Lookman and Schneiderlin?

Your gift from God wants to pile £350M (nearer £400M by the time it'll be built) onto Everton.

He's got £2billion but he's asked a council that cant or wont provide services to pensioners, kids and the infirm to be creditors for the club....and you're thanking him.

Lol.

Arnt the council going to receive about 4mil a year every year on top of council tax and what the government can give, so thanks to the mosh and the Everton meals on wheels can carry on or a library can be kept open or the roads can be repaired

The stuff this club does for this city, so many ungrateful's out there, reckon mosh should be given the key to the city, just for getting rid of side show bob the utter flop

Lol.

I thought he did this because people are far more likely to lend to a council than a football club?

I'll let you know if he ever deserves praise. Selling our players for transfer war chests and doing a Hicks and Gillett leveraging act for a stadium aren't helping, tbh.
Stay at Goodison with Kenwright, or move to a new ground with Moshiri? Your choice bud.
He's never said he could pay for a new stadium out of his pocket, just open up new avenues.

Arnt the council going to receive about 4mil a year every year on top of council tax and what the government can give, so thanks to the mosh and the Everton meals on wheels can carry on or a library can be kept open or the roads can be repaired

The stuff this club does for this city, so many ungrateful's out there, reckon mosh should be given the key to the city, just for getting rid of side show bob the utter flop
Elstone is still here.

Stay at Goodison with Kenwright, or move to a new ground with Moshiri? Your choice bud.
He's never said he could pay for a new stadium out of his pocket, just open up new avenues.
TBF I've only seen one person criticise Moshiri for not giving up £300m+ of his own capital to get Everton a stadium and it wasn't this fella.

I thought he did this because people are far more likely to lend to a council than a football club?

Depending on what "side" one sits, it was either to allow him to use his cash on the team, or to utterly de risk himself whilst waiting to cash in.

Me, maybe misplaced, is the former.

Dave, for pity sake... calling Farhad Moshiri a no mark owner is bang out of order in my opinion.

We've been down this road so many times it's getting ever more tedious.

He's financed the disposal of a failed managerial regime...
He's financed the acquisition of a new manager and DoF...
He's cleared the clubs bank debts...
He's financed a number of player acquisitions...
He's financed the re-decoration of Goodison that everybody seems to enjoy looking at...
He's overseen the freezing and in some cases reduction in ticket prices...
He's behind the re-energising of a fan base...
He's re-structuring the club on the commercial front...
He's attracted new sponsorship...
He's been at the heart of negotiating and procuring the perfect site for a new stadium...
He's structured a deal that will see external finance responsible for the construction of said stadium, leaving his own personal fortune available for squad strengthening - this isn't me speculating, it's a widely held belief...
He's rubber-stamped the future of Goodison as a Legacy Project rather than taking an easy £6-10 million from a housing developer or supermarket chain...

If all of this and no doubt more qualifies Farhad Moshiri as a no mark owner in your eyes, then maybe you need to pay a visit to an optician for a serious optical examination.

Enjoy your weekend.

Lol.

The council are not exposed by this venture really. Urban regeneration is an absolute winner for the council.

They get the premium for helping us
They get a world famous stadium slap bang in the middle of an area that has seen dereliction for decades
This in turn brings in new residents, supporting a whole host of service industries.

Look beyond the initial figures... The knock on effect is huge.

Have you been to Manchester recently? They are pretty much the leading city in Europe for this sort of thing. The outer edges of the city are being transformed. The council gain as much as we do from this, possibly more. Think about what our premiums will enable the council to do.

As for Moshiri, of course we are an investment to him. You don't get as rich as he is by plunging a quarter of your total wealth into a situation like this. You or I would do exactly the same. He is growing the club without propping it up. Much better in my opinion. Compare this to how the Glaziers took over united...

What feasible alternative would you prefer to see?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back