Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
A very close friend of mine, has worked for 25 years in the steel industry and has links to the main people in charge of Everton, he has been told that Bill was only kept on in superficial terms, he has no say, Bill thinks he is in his position to offer advice, in reality he is a complete patsy.

What I have seen and heard is very promising.

Spill the beans then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very close friend of mine, has worked for 25 years in the steel industry and has links to the main people in charge of Everton, he has been told that Bill was only kept on in superficial terms, he has no say, Bill thinks he is in his position to offer advice, in reality he is a complete patsy.

So basically Bill is a glorified season ticket holder!

Yeah, that's not true though as Kenwright has been quoted as being directly involved in transfers as recently as January.

Well yeah, sort of, in a way. Its deffo better debt than Wonga style debt though.
It isn't a gift, that's for sure. Posters like @Foot Long Hot Dog tend to buy into the "Moshiri as benefactor" view of this man. He clearly isn't - as that 'clever' stadium deal he engineered that sees him maximizing his shareholding from it with zero risk to his own finances emphasises.

It isn't a gift, that's for sure. Posters like @Foot Long Hot Dog tend to buy into the "Moshiri as benefactor" view of this man. He clearly isn't - as that 'clever' stadium deal he engineered that sees him maximizing his shareholding from it with zero risk to his own finances emphasises.

It's someone somewhere in between we need. We need someone who will give us the impetus by dipping in their pockets like we'll hopefully see this summer. But we equally need some ruthless business acumen to turn what is effectively a commercial dead duck into a long term lucrative machine which isn't overly reliant on any one individual.

He certainly isnt a benefactor. He falls into the enabler camp to me.

Seen/been told about the potential re Liverpool Waters, ground, expansion of EFC. Gets it. Uses his wealth, contacts and nous to make it happen, we hope.

Quite comfortable with that if I am honest.

It's someone somewhere in between we need. We need someone who will give us the impetus by dipping in their pockets like we'll hopefully see this summer. But we equally need some ruthless business acumen to turn what is effectively a commercial dead duck into a long term lucrative machine which isn't overly reliant on any one individual.
Substantially the plan hasn't changed. I forget how many times we heard Elstone droning on about 'facility-led recovery' in the last decade.

That's what the plan is now too. Some people see huge changes but they're not there. It's mostly perception based on spin.

If there's a massive net spend this summer or the first JCBs arrive at the BMD by Christmas I'll stand to be corrected. Until then I see nothing that suggests we've been boosted by this takeover.

It is funny Moshiri seems to be getting a lot of scrutiny from the Echo yet they never batted an eyelid at the old regime.

As if you needed confirmation that it's a Kopite rag. They're terrified we'll overtake their team.

He certainly isnt a benefactor. He falls into the enabler camp to me.

Seen/been told about the potential re Liverpool Waters, ground, expansion of EFC. Gets it. Uses his wealth, contacts and nous to make it happen, we hope.

Quite comfortable with that if I am honest.
If it happens then it's all good. But until then scepticism is not exactly irrational.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back