Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Who's handing out contracts at EFC and why?
Massive extention for Martinez after one good season that ultimately cost us £10m.
Crock Gibbo given 2 yrs. We got very lucky with Moyes.
28yo Shamus given 5 years. Happy we honoured our promise but why wasn't it originally 3 years with an option?
Baines and Barry contracted to mid thirties and beyond and now a declining Mirallas joining them.
DCL who's been v poor in the first team thus far given 5 years when he already had 2 left.
It's like EFC doesn't recognise a simple biological fact. There will always be some exceptions i.e. Giggs but most professional athletes' performance levels drop drastically from 30-35.
I thought Mosh would bring a different ethos but that hasn't happened.

Who's handing out contracts at EFC and why?
Massive extention for Martinez after one good season that ultimately cost us £10m.
Crock Gibbo given 2 yrs. We got very lucky with Moyes.
28yo Shamus given 5 years. Happy we honoured our promise but why wasn't it originally 3 years with an option?
Baines and Barry contracted to mid thirties and beyond and now a declining Mirallas joining them.
DCL who's been v poor in the first team thus far given 5 years when he already had 2 left.
It's like EFC doesn't recognise a simple biological fact. There will always be some exceptions i.e. Giggs but most professional athletes' performance levels drop drastically from 30-35.
I thought Mosh would bring a different ethos but that hasn't happened.

To be fair Gibson was a smart one as we got like £4m for him instead of him going on a free.

Do you see us getting top 4 next season? will we even challenge for a top 4 position? all of the FM experts on here reeling off names, Dolberg, Keane, That Spanish striker from Malaga, Pickford, none of them will be here by Sept 1st, meanwhile our 2 best players look likely to be off, and by and large we are at best average on the pitch, and will be as long as we offer the likes of Mirallas 4 year contracts when he is 29 and past it, Moshiri was supposed to be the driver for change, it hasnt happened especially on the pitch which is quite frankly all i am bothered about.
Bed now lad.

To be fair Gibson was a smart one as we got like £4m for him instead of him going on a free.
I think we got extremely lucky with Gibbo as his ex manager was in a position to take him and likely the only one willing to do so.
We def didn't get £4m though. We got £7.5m for him and Oviedo combined and that presumeably contained appearance related clauses. The large bulk of the fee would have been for Oviedo.
A lucky escape after an incompetent contract decision.

I think we got extremely lucky with Gibbo as his ex manager was in a position to take him and likely the only one willing to do so.
We def didn't get £4m though. We got £7.5m for him and Oviedo combined and that presumeably contained appearance related clauses. The large bulk of the fee would have been for Oviedo.
A lucky escape after an incompetent contract decision.
Either way, getting even £7.50 off those two would've been classed as a win. To get that much is a 'kin miracle.

Do you see us getting top 4 next season? will we even challenge for a top 4 position? all of the FM experts on here reeling off names, Dolberg, Keane, That Spanish striker from Malaga, Pickford, none of them will be here by Sept 1st, meanwhile our 2 best players look likely to be off, and by and large we are at best average on the pitch, and will be as long as we offer the likes of Mirallas 4 year contracts when he is 29 and past it, Moshiri was supposed to be the driver for change, it hasnt happened especially on the pitch which is quite frankly all i am bothered about.
Right crank you, lad.

Huge and very welcome promise of transfer funds from Moshiri, via Kenwright, at the Dixies.
Must be delivered upon this summer. No more excuses and no more justification to claim Mosh hasn't promised transfer funds. He has.
“I spoke to Farhad and I asked him, ‘what is the message?’... If there is a player who wants to play for EFC who Ronald wants, who Steve wants, we will get them for you. It’s fantastic for me to be able to say that.”

Huge and very welcome promise of transfer funds from Moshiri, via Kenwright, at the Dixies.
Must be delivered upon this summer. No more excuses and no more justification to claim Mosh hasn't promised transfer funds. He has.
“I spoke to Farhad and I asked him, ‘what is the message?’... If there is a player who wants to play for EFC who Ronald wants, who Steve wants, we will get them for you. It’s fantastic for me to be able to say that.”
Personally, I am over all the talk from Everton mate.
I'll wait to see action.

Personally, I am over all the talk from Everton mate.
I'll wait to see action.
Could not agree more mate.

BB has said all this before .................."watch this space".

Massive summer for the club and Mr Moshiri , massive and it does not bode well that he still has the deadly duo involved anywhere near transfers.

I think that has been the case for the last two windows. If we bid the best part of 60 million for a defender then the money has been there to spend, it is just finding a player who is better than the ones we have got that wanted to come to a team that finished 11th.

Now we are a team that finished 7th and are in the Europa league, it's better, but we are still going to have problems convincing the type of players who will turn the Europa League into the Champions League. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back