Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Do you see us getting top 4 next season? will we even challenge for a top 4 position? all of the FM experts on here reeling off names, Dolberg, Keane, That Spanish striker from Malaga, Pickford, none of them will be here by Sept 1st, meanwhile our 2 best players look likely to be off, and by and large we are at best average on the pitch, and will be as long as we offer the likes of Mirallas 4 year contracts when he is 29 and past it, Moshiri was supposed to be the driver for change, it hasnt happened especially on the pitch which is quite frankly all i am bothered about.
I disagree with your outlook.

Right crank you, lad.

Don't resort to insults please.

Know that do you? no! so what are you whining about?
yeah well in, ignore all the main part of the post, people speculate who will sign, all I am doing is speculating who wont sign, so pipe down Tommy
We'll do the piping down thanks.

Less of that.

Didn't we spend the most in the PL in January?

Probably, but not to the extent that we were led to believe would be spent.

I guess that's my point, we've got money, but getting the players we want will be difficult due to lack of CL and our general ineptness to get things done.

Way things are going we'll have to wait another summer to see if we truly have big money to spend. If rom and ross both go the majority of our spend will come from that and we'll most likely have negative or pretty small net spend.

Certainly would rather see Kenwright and Elstone removed from transfer business, but even with Bill's form, I prefer some positivity from within at this early stage rather than forecasts of doom.

Most folk rightly have high expectations for the summer, without expecting anything miraculous. They will have about an 8-10 week period to get things done, and done well. There will be very little in the way of a hiding place if they don't succeed.

Certainly would rather see Kenwright and Elstone removed from transfer business, but even with Bill's form, I prefer some positivity from within at this early stage rather than forecasts of doom.

Most folk rightly have high expectations for the summer, without expecting anything miraculous. They will have about an 8-10 week period to get things done, and done well. There will be very little in the way of a hiding place if they don't succeed.

But we all know Bills Motto
Sell early and buy late
It's all to do with saving as much as possible on wages which we all know are paid directly out of Bills own pocket.
These pair of clowns need to go NOW
As someone else said it should have been Moshiri's second task after sacking Bobby.
Even Koeman had a pop in January over the delay in Schnederlin signing.
The manager wanted him
The player wanted to join
United wanted to sell
And Bill dawdled as usual to save a weeks wages

Elstone needs to be removed from the club, full stop. The way he has acted at times, has been a disgrace. There's not a high end company I know, that would even entertain him for a CEO job if he became available.

I think that has been the case for the last two windows. If we bid the best part of 60 million for a defender then the money has been there to spend, it is just finding a player who is better than the ones we have got that wanted to come to a team that finished 11th.

Now we are a team that finished 7th and are in the Europa league, it's better, but we are still going to have problems convincing the type of players who will turn the Europa League into the Champions League. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I'm not convinced there's been a really large budget there all along but I do believe there's money to spend just not of the magnitude hyped.
Perhaps £30-40m + sales. This, to me, fits the evidence much better. We seemingly tried hard to negotiate for every £ rather than offering the fee/wage that would possibly land targets quickly.
If I'm right I expect a better summer but we'll still go in with initial relatively low bids / wage offers for players like Pickford which is going to lead to frustration.
If Lukaku money comes in I expect we'll become more aggressive as last year with Stones.

I'm not convinced there's been a really large budget there all along but I do believe there's money to spend just not of the magnitude hyped.
Perhaps £30-40m + sales. This, to me, fits the evidence much better. We seemingly tried hard to negotiate for every £ rather than offering the fee/wage that would possibly land targets quickly.
If I'm right I expect a better summer but we'll still go in with initial relatively low bids / wage offers for players like Pickford which is going to lead to frustration.
If Lukaku money comes in I expect we'll become more aggressive as last year with Stones.

I suppose it's who you believe at the end of the day, as Moshiri made those comments about signing Witsel, Koulibaly and the couple we nearly signed Perez, Sissoko, I rightly or wrongly choose to believe him that we had the money and were actively trying to spend it.

My humble opinion is that we are struggling to convince players to come, whether that will be the case this summer who knows.

I suppose it's who you believe at the end of the day, as Moshiri made those comments about signing Witsel, Koulibaly and the couple we nearly signed Perez, Sissoko, I rightly or wrongly choose to believe him that we had the money and were actively trying to spend it.

My humble opinion is that we are struggling to convince players to come, whether that will be the case this summer who knows.
And thats why they want Rooney to come in. It will show other big names that it may not be so bad joining us!!

That's my take on it - we aren't a big enough name anymore. A lot of the players we should sign weren't even alive the last time we lifted a pot.

There is so much garbage written here.

This argument that it's difficult to attract the players last year. Here's an answer;

1. Remove the incompetent people in the role ie kenwright and elstone.

2. Pay big wages and a big transfer fee.

All these excuses being span about not being able to convince players.

How did Man City do it? They are a club with no history who'd spent time in the lower leagues and in the shadow of united. They brought Robinho in, no messing about if you're serious pay the money and Make a statement.

All last preseason we were hearing how serious we are, nothing will be the same and as usual - garbage.

This argument that it's difficult to attract the players last year. Here's an answer;

How did Man City do it? They are a club with no history who'd spent time in the lower leagues and in the shadow of united. They brought Robinho in, no messing about if you're serious pay the money and Make a statement.

All last preseason we were hearing how serious we are, nothing will be the same and as usual - garbage.

FFP rules were written in response to teams like Man City and PSG. It can't be done anymore like that.

It is difficult to see us going down that road although I agree that by and large it may be the only way to make a big change in one go.Will it happen though?

What people forget about City are all the transition level signings they made first. They didn't just go Robinho Aguero, Silva, Toure in the first window. They picked up players from prem rivals: Barry Lescott Bellamy Santa Cruz Adebayor Wayne Bridge. Each one of these would probably be met with a load of abuse from Evertonians if Moshiri started doing likewise but this gradual improvement all over the park allowed City to challenge for the CL placings. Once they got them then the floodgates opened as their cash could now sway the big stars who wanted CL. Suddenly thinking that Everton are just going to outbid CL clubs for Koulibaly, Van Dijk etc. is just crazy. We need to build a squad that can challenge for the top 4, we're not that far off. That means a Schneiderlin level player in every position in the squad. At the moment we have 2 top 6 quality midfielders, a good RB (injured), two promising youngsters, two complete enigmas upfront who may or may not be staying, and a record signing crocked. It's barely a team let alone a squad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back