Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He's a billionaire accountant. Accountants like making money, not losing it. And anybody who thought he was going to use his own wealth to bankroll a club he has no emotional attachment to is living in cloud cuckoo land I'm afraid. His plan(and it's not a bad one to be fair)will be to make the club self-sufficient(like Chelsea are now). By bringing in bigger and better sponsorship deals, building us a shiny new stadium so we can bring in more match day revenues, improve our marketing/merchandising department etc... And then hopefully with clever investment on the playing side of things, we'll be able to build ourselves up to a point where we are strong enough to compete for trophies and play regular CL football. Then once we're there we can try to push on again. That will be his aim imo. I'm not sure a lot of our fan base have the patience for him to see his plan through though.
And how much of that has he done?

None. Zero. Zip.

Judge what he's done not what his spin machine tell you he will do.

He's a billionaire accountant. Accountants like making money, not losing it. And anybody who thought he was going to use his own wealth to bankroll a club he has no emotional attachment to is living in cloud cuckoo land I'm afraid. His plan(and it's not a bad one to be fair)will be to make the club self-sufficient(like Chelsea are now). By bringing in bigger and better sponsorship deals, building us a shiny new stadium so we can bring in more match day revenues, improve our marketing/merchandising department etc... And then hopefully with clever investment on the playing side of things, we'll be able to build ourselves up to a point where we are strong enough to compete for trophies and play regular CL football. Then once we're there we can try to push on again. That will be his aim imo. I'm not sure a lot of our fan base have the patience for him to see his plan through though.
Then he needs to stop spouting ridiculous bollocks that he bid £60m for defenders.

Happy he has a plan totally different to Kenwright (we hope). What I can't do is him taking us for fools with chat of £60 Million bids for CB's.
Exactly.

If he comes in and says: "I'll focus on a new stadium and make that happen. I have new ideas and credibility and will prepare the ground for that in year one and then make it happen in the next three seasons. In the meantime we'll do what we can to strengthen the squad" then that would be fair enough.

He hasn't though. He's come in and stated that we can do it all, and in that ego-fuelled claim he's set himself up for a fall.

File under "billionaire wants to play the Billy big bollocks without either the means or motivation to back it up".

Exactly.

If he comes in and says: "I'll focus on a new stadium and make that happen. I have new ideas and credibility and will prepare the ground for that in year one and then make it happen in the next three seasons. In the meantime we'll do what we can to strengthen the squad" then that would be fair enough.

He hasn't though. He's come in and stated that we can do it all, and in that ego-fuelled claim he's set himself up for a fall.

File under "billionaire wants to play the Billy big bollocks without either the means or motivation to back it up".

This here, and if you think all them crazy bids came through just the media making them up your very naive.

I even think we were rumoured in the Telegraph with a bid for Draxler

And how much of that has he done?

None. Zero. Zip.

Judge what he's done not what his spin machine tell you he will do.

Rome wasn't build in a day Davros, this thing will take a bit of time. Not sure if you were expecting a Roman Abromovic style impact, but most of us were anticipating that this would be a gradual process.

Rome wasn't build in a day Davros, this thing will take a bit of time. Not sure if you were expecting a Roman Abromovic style impact, but most of us were anticipating that this would be a gradual process.
No mate, I was just expecting (and entitled to) that when a billionaire takes over and the club start a #nothingwillbethesame meme that actually we'd at the very least see a decent net spend.

We haven't, and if it doesn't happen this summer I'm concluding we have a phony along the lines of Earl on our hands....and many others will too.

No mate, I was just expecting (and entitled to) that when a billionaire takes over and the club start a #nothingwillbethesame meme that actually we'd at the very least see a decent net spend.

You constantly refer to hype and #nothingwillbethesame memes.

If you bought into hype, that's your problem.

A lot of us didn't buy into the the hype and we're less disappointed with what has followed as a result.

The man is of substantial means, but he isn't of means to the extent where we be in the market for superstars. It's pretty clear to me that he's trying to grow the club commercially, as well as on the pitch, and that gives me hope that it's not flash in the pan, but rather a project to elevate the club to the next level.

Exactly.

You mean like that one Martinez did when he said he could get us into he Champions league and went on to get back to back lower half of the table finishes?

You constantly refer to hype and #nothingwillbethesame memes.

If you bought into hype, that's your problem.

A lot of us didn't buy into the the hype and we're less disappointed with what has followed as a result.

The man is of substantial means, but he isn't of means to the extent where we be in the market for superstars. It's pretty clear to me that he's trying to grow the club commercially, as well as on the pitch, and that gives me hope that it's not flash in the pan, but rather a project to elevate the club to the next level.
How, exactly, is he doing that?

Commercial deals: the kit sponsors indicate this is not a much greater deal than the Chang deal.
On the pitch: we have a tiny net spend.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back