Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
ITS A JOKE WE HAVENT SIGNED MESSI ALREADY

Give him time mate, wait till the deal is rubber stamped, then listen to his words, his words will be like chocolate dripping from Kelly Brook.

WATCH
Im not moaning in anyway. Check my posts in this very thread. I'm merely speculating what he could do in his first few months, as the window is closed and the stadium has no quick fix.

Premier League teams will get exploited in the summer any way because of the TV deal, so every other team in the world knows they'll be able toget more money out of every PL club.

That would tie in the stories quoting a 100m spend in the summer then, stuff i have read has basically stated he wants to reinvest the money from selling his stake in Arsenal, 100-87 gives a ncie 113m figure so new contracts etc then a big transfer kitty.

Well thats what the tabloids etc are probably going off, i'm really not getting stuck up on any figure atm, the simple fact is we have finally got a new owner with a strong vision and couldn't care less abotu what summer will bring right now :)

couldn't agree more with the second paragraph mate!

As for the £100mil (or round abouts), I'd imagine that's the surplus that will go towards some immediate commercial and corporate re-invigoration, perhaps more facilities at FF etc and of course as you correctly point out - the squad. Stadium plans etc may also be part of that, and potentially the recruitment of a new management team (replacing Elstone and co... or we can dream at least!)

You obviously know waaaay more about this than most (to be honest, like a lot on here, I didn't really know who Usmanov was a few days ago) but I think you're thinking like an accountant here (but hey, Moshiri is an accountant, right?) and assuming the cool head of business will apply fully in this situation. People don't buy premier league clubs for the same reasons that they buy property, they buy them for the same reason they buy Ferraris: status, to impress their mates and to excite the nether parts of impressionable women. It seems to me that Usmanov currently part-owns a Ferrari that he's never going to be able to drive.

I don't think you can compare football with property; there aren't Turkish property ultras stabbing visiting architects in the arse with jarg flick knives. When Farshad Moshiri's parents were smuggling him out of Persia in a rolled-up rug he didn't take one last look at his room and quickly grab his signed photo of Kirsty and Phil as the roof fell in. He grabbed his Panini "Argentina 78" sticker album (which was almost full: Moshiri's main regret to this day is that he has never been able to source the sticker for Hungarian defender Tibor Nyilasi.)

Long analogy short: Usmanov is stuck in an extremely desirable North London Property but one where he's not allowed to make any decisions about the decor and he has to sleep beneath the stairs like Harry Potter. His mate has bought a historic "fixer upper" in the North and is about to totally redo the place to his liking: he's tastefully reimagined the Georgian architecture and the planning permission for the sex dungeon has already been waived through. Usmanov will ring Moshiri up from his classy London dinner party and hear Farhad recreating the last days of Rome, face down in a pyramid of lemo, Scarface-style, as he watches while the Swedish female beach volley ball have started to massage each other after a hard day's training: it's really hot in the steam room, and even though beads of sweat form on their midriffs the sand has left their skin a bit dry so they have to get the baby oil out and ........er what were we talking about again?

Somebody get this guy his 'king of analogy' crown.

When City were taken over on that final day of the Transfer window, the new owners showed the were the real deal by purchasing Robinho from under Chelsea's noses. Our part owner can't do that die the the transfer window, the stadium issue has no 'quick fix' so it'd be nice as a show of what 'The New Everton' could be about by getting one of Stones, Lukaku or Barkley signed up on a longer term deal. Or even better all three. Barkley is KEY but rumours are Stones is still on a relatively 'Low' wage and I see no reason, should he want to stay, why he would not sign an improved deal. Going into the Summer window that would instantly stick 2 fingers up to potential Suitors. Just looking for something from the board now.

New deal for Martinez mate x

2016-03-01 17.33.12.webp

Poor Ross @MoutsGoat

@The Esk With all due respect, to assume you know anything regarding the mindset of Usmanov is odd. The fact nobody was any the wiser regarding this 'takeover' and going of other threads its clear, yourself along with many other blues were debating Moores and Noel, shows its impossible to guess what's happening behind the scenes. That's not to say Usmanov will invest into Everton - far from it - but at the same time, it isn't wise to state against that. Anything is in the realms of possibility, so to discount it is like I said rather odd. Everyone is entitled to a say, so not attempting to shoot anyone down, but lets be honest your post comes over as a firm 'it's not happening for X Y & Z, forget about it'. You clearly know your stuff, going of other posts but on this issue, you've clearly used a platform to talk down other peoples opinions. Simple fact is you and me both, have no idea what's happening or will happen for that matter, so let's not pretend otherwise.

Welcome to the site. Would be good if you could introduce yourself here mate:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/forums/new-signings.42/

Just a couple of things. I explained what I believe to be his mindset through the investment decisions that Usmanov and Moshiri have both made in recent days plus his public statement.

Usmanov stated the following:
"In line with my previously stated objective, I can confirm that I have purchased the whole stake of Farhad Moshiri, thereby increasing my holding in Arsenal to over 30 per cent and securing my position as the second largest shareholder.

“I am committed to Arsenal and I will proudly retain my holding as a long-term investment for myself and my family to enjoy and benefit for generations to come."

That's a very clear statement in terms of his mindset and is confirmed by his actions.

One last thing, it is not and never has been my intention to smother debate, far from it. However that does not mean I cannot present my own opinion backed by the words and actions of the person I was talking about.

Look forward to your further contributions.

Someone asked me, " who killed j.f.k?"....I said " well that's a no brainer! "
Same goes for our new "takeover" much needed, long awaited, and finally here. Now let's see if we can hit the ground running, hope the new lad keeps the momentum going, build on the goodwill of long suffering, but now hopeful fans and delivers some long held promises to the goodison faithful! COYB!!!!!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back