Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Definition Of Voodoo - https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/voodoo

A black religious cult practised in the Caribbean and the southern US, combining elements of Roman Catholic ritual with traditional African magical and religious rites, and characterized by sorcery and spirit possession.
‘they can use voodoo to help people’
‘if you understand voodoo you can talk to these spirits’

as modifier ‘a voodoo doll’
‘a voodoo priest’

I'm sure that's what Moshiri had in mind when he said it. He's such an intelligent person.

I mean it's probably better we agree to disagree... my takeaway was that was exactly what he meant, that because Lukaku's mother is black the voodoo told her that her son should join Chelsea. Reinforced by his mention of her being on a "pilgrimage to Africa".

I agree Jack he meant what he said. He also said he lost a lot of money as Lukaku would go for 120 mil now
which begs the question as to why he sold him so cheaply!
This guy goes from bad to worse, he even admits being played by an agent, it really is amatuer hour

Moshiri needs a filter. There is a reason most people in a position of power use a spokesperson, those that don't, reveal how socially inept they really are. A certain Mr Donald Trump is a prime example of someone who should never be allowed direct interaction with the public.

Saying it's not racism is like saying KFC jokes aimed at a black guy isn't racism either because white people can eat KFC.

The point of his comment was to make fun or undermine Lukaku via use of a racial stereotype... aka racism.

I don't understand why some people can't see this. Talking bs about white people being able to practice voodoo too and the like.

Saying it's not racism is like saying KFC jokes aimed at a black guy isn't racism either because white people can eat KFC.

The point of his comment was to make fun or undermine Lukaku via use of a racial stereotype..
. aka racism.

IF that was true I could understand where you are coming from, but that was NOT the point of his comment though was it?
He was asked to explain the reason that the transfer was allowed to happen and he gave this as the explanation. As I previously mentioned it was stupid and unnecessary, but I do NOT believe for one minute that it was racist.

edit_ Just to be clear, KFC jokes aimed at a black guy clearly IS racism BUT there is no such comparison here.

IF that was true I could understand where you are coming from, but that was NOT the point of his comment though was it?
He was asked to explain the reason that the transfer was allowed to happen and he gave this as the explanation. As I previously mentioned it was stupid and unnecessary, but I do NOT believe for one minute that it was racist.
His family are practicing catholics... Lukaku's belief system is clear as day. How is saying it was because of voodoo an explanation?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back