Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Absofuckinlutely

Why oh why do more people not see this?

The fella is skint when it comes to Everton. Oh he can afford to buy the liver buildings and stuff that suits him. But when it comes to a football club he's a clueless beut that doesn't spend his own money and is backed by his mate usmanov in some shadier than shady deal.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

He's an absolute weirdo as well. Have you heard his voice? Sounds like a unich.

I'm petrified he's going to ruin us.

“HE CANT RUN EVERTON HIM LAA HAVE YOU HEARD HIS VOICE”

Very strange.

The bit about his accent is unfair mate. That’s just the way he speaks.

I have studied and worked with quite a few neutralised/British/European Iranians and Moshiri’s accent is actually very typical of their spoken English (remembering this is not their first language). I would have immediately guessed his heritage the first time I heard him speak had I not known. Yes it takes getting used to but surely it’s just another element of diversity. I’m glad we don’t all look and sound the same.
Having a go at his voice is unfair. Its what comes out of it that worries me.

If he builds a stadium he will be an Everton legend even if the football isn't great but even that at the moment looks a bit iffy.

Absofuckinlutely

The fella is skint when it comes to Everton. Oh he can afford to buy the liver buildings and stuff that suits him. But when it comes to a football club he's a clueless beut that doesn't spend his own money and is backed by his mate usmanov in some shadier than shady deal.

You missed the bit where he’s sunk £150m of his own cash into the clubs balance sheet love.

Also, his accent? Really? Poor form in the extreme, embarrassing post all round tbh.

He’s put his money where his mouth is, and if he completes on the stadium he’ll have done more for this club than any owner in our modern history.

2 years and Robert Elstone is still at Everton, he’s appointed Keith Harris to the board and Bill Kenwright still has his grubby hands on his train set.

Until all this changes, we won’t progress.
This. It really is a case of Everton, that. We get the billionaire owner we all craved, only for him to be a media-loving beaut who allows the cancerous Kenwright to retain a huge influence on the club and actually takes us backwards, even as far as going into the final 10 games still fighting off relegation, and also has a boardroom full of inept divs who have no idea how to push the club forwards.

Absofuckinlutely

Haha, awful post that mate.

A funny couple of years for our Mosh. Clearly not shy to spash the cash, he's cleared our debt (well sort of) and has backed his managers. I have no doubt he has major ambitions for the club and i genuinely believe we will get a new stadium of the banks of the Mersey which is amazing.
That said he clearly he has no idea how to run a football club! BK and Elstone still being here coupled with appointments like Steve Walsh and Fat Sam basically overshadows all the good Mosh has done and puts serious question marks over his judgement of character - this is especially relevent in Steve Walshs case. Can you imagine any of the top 6 allowing a man in Walshs lofty position to constantly fail, waste hundreds of millions but keep his job?
It's early days and i hope we look back on these last couple of years and laugh.... getting proper football people in to run the club and binning the old guard who have proved time and again they're not fit for purpose and i'll start believing Farhad's the real deal.

I suppose they say this at every club, but Moshiri should by now have tried himself to engage more directly and seriously with fans.

The odd cliche-ridden interview and controlled general meeting are largely pointless if you actually want engagement, but perhaps he doesn't.

Not saying either that fans have the answers to everything or indeed anything, but the fanbase is still a resource to be tapped for opinion now and then. We have a lot of articulate, passionate, and talented fans in their own fields.

Surely a forum could be set-up comprising of season-ticket holders, shareholders, and others?

I know that Moshiri has at least been seen to act on fan discontent in the past and will do again. The protests in relation to Martinez really seemed to make an impact on him. I just doubt at times the degree to which our anger and frustration ever hits home at board level.

The situation is desperate now and I'm sick to death of it. Watching us is a complete chore, a borefest. Fans of other clubs know we are bad but frequently say they didn't realise how bad until we play their team. We are just turning into a joke.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back