Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The last thing he should do is engage with the fans... do you not read what is on here every day ?
He has made a couple of bad calls where it seems he has backed his own judgement over wiser council and mistakenly so... although the appointment of Koeman was not an obvious poor appointment.

I think he needs to surround himself with good football men, experienced football men , Evertonians preferably but not necessarily.
I would like to have Unsworth , Royle, Harvey and people of their ilk as advisors and Bill Kenwright also who has a lot of knowledge about running a football club.

I can see Farhad pulling the plug on his involvement with Everton.

It’s got Peter Johnson written all over it.
He was another one who thought, incorrectly, that running a football club was a piece of cake.

PJ spunked loads of dosh on expensive flops then got cold feet and pulled the plug.

Too much money to be made plus it’s not up to him if the plug is pulled or not

We do EVERYTHING together

A funny couple of years for our Mosh. Clearly not shy to spash the cash, he's cleared our debt (well sort of) and has backed his managers. I have no doubt he has major ambitions for the club and i genuinely believe we will get a new stadium of the banks of the Mersey which is amazing.
That said he clearly he has no idea how to run a football club! BK and Elstone still being here coupled with appointments like Steve Walsh and Fat Sam basically overshadows all the good Mosh has done and puts serious question marks over his judgement of character - this is especially relevent in Steve Walshs case. Can you imagine any of the top 6 allowing a man in Walshs lofty position to constantly fail, waste hundreds of millions but keep his job?
It's early days and i hope we look back on these last couple of years and laugh.... getting proper football people in to run the club and binning the old guard who have proved time and again they're not fit for purpose and i'll start believing Farhad's the real deal.

As I’ve said before I’m sure at this stage Moshiri must realise what’s needed
A complete and utter clearout from top to bottom and New qualified ambitious professionals brought in
I’d sack the lot with one exception
Mavis the tea lady

The last thing he should do is engage with the fans... do you not read what is on here every day ?
He has made a couple of bad calls where it seems he has backed his own judgement over wiser council and mistakenly so... although the appointment of Koeman was not an obvious poor appointment.

I think he needs to surround himself with good football men, experienced football men , Evertonians preferably but not necessarily.
I would like to have Unsworth , Royle, Harvey and people of their ilk as advisors and Bill Kenwright also who has a lot of knowledge about running a football club.
Bill Kenwright should not be allowed next or near our club
The rest I agree with
Someone of the ilk of Dein or Gill

Bill Kenwright should not be allowed next or near our club
The rest I agree with
Someone of the ilk of Dein or Gill
I disagree with you about Bill Kenwright. I think his contribution to Everton has been far more positive than many will ever realise or admit.
It is fashionable to want him out of the club, but why.

When he took over the club it was a real basket case... not even vaguely close to where we are now.

During his tenure he brought us up to being a top six side, even though money was always tight. He brought the club to a level where men like Moshiri would look at us as an acquisition.
The last two years has shown how difficult it is to run a club well and having deep pockets is not an answer in itself.

Moshiri needs to take stock and get advice from people who have been there, done that , on and off the field. I think he has his own advisors and I think they need to be binned... whoever they are.
It has always been said Bill didn't want Sam and now we hear he wanted Arteta , that would have been interesting.
I would love to see Dein(a big pal of Kenwright) or Gill involved. Excellent people and another person that I find very impressive although an ex red is Christian Purslow.

I want a new manager, but not another knee jerk appointment. I want a plan going forward on and off the field otherwise we will lurch from one crisis to another.

I am sorry to say I have not read all the comments about Mr Moshiri on this forum but some of the ones I have read should be ashamed of themselves. This man came in from nowhere 2 years ago owing Everton nothing and splashed the cash for us. at least giving us hope, just remember when Moysey was in charge we did not have 2 pennies to rub together and I for one would dread the day if he should walk away. An old saying, just be careful what you wish for, and I for one would like to say Mr Moshiri you have got my support.

2 years and Robert Elstone is still at Everton, he’s appointed Keith Harris to the board and Bill Kenwright still has his grubby hands on his train set.

Until all this changes, we won’t progress.

I agree. On the new stadium I am worried by the approach of Elstone he comes across as someone who doesn't know how big Everton are.

The club is in a state of flux. It is what is underpinning all the negative woes around the club. I'm not arsed Moshiri appointed Allardyce I think it was what was needed at the time but he (Moshiri) will i'm sure do the right thing as soon as the season ends.

Absofuckinlutely

Why oh why do more people not see this?

The fella is skint when it comes to Everton. Oh he can afford to buy the liver buildings and stuff that suits him. But when it comes to a football club he's a clueless beut that doesn't spend his own money and is backed by his mate usmanov in some shadier than shady deal.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

He's an absolute weirdo as well. Have you heard his voice? Sounds like a unich.

I'm petrified he's going to ruin us.

I smell something fishy with this here post, can't quite put my finger on it though, seems to have KOPped a bit of flack from some

Upto now i've read that the state we're in is because of:

Kenwright
Moshiri
Elstone
Walsh
Martinez
Koeman
Big Sam.

Not once have i seen the players blasted as the main reason. We have a decent group of players, much better than they're currently showing and have shown all season. The lack of effort, lack of concentration, unable to pass, move, tackle, defend, attack.

I'm sorry...it's not the above list's fault (mostly) for me, these players are an utter disgrace! All of the above need to be blamed, but the players are the main reason in my eyes.

Kenwright
Moshiri
Elstone
Walsh
Martinez
Koeman
Big Sam.

Not once have i seen the players blasted as the main reason. We have a decent group of players, much better than they're currently showing and have shown all season. The lack of effort, lack of concentration, unable to pass, move, tackle, defend, attack.

I'm sorry...it's not the above list's fault (mostly) for me, these players are an utter disgrace! All of the above need to be blamed, but the players are the main reason in my eyes.

Well said, can you honestly call them players??

Kenwright
Moshiri
Elstone
Walsh
Martinez
Koeman
Big Sam.

I do agree, some of our playing staff our woeful at best. Aside from Walcott we have zero pace in the team, our midfielders all have very poor passing and decision making ability and we have a bunch of strikers who can't finish. All that kinda comes back to the above list and the names on it though, namely Walsh.

I am sorry to say I have not read all the comments about Mr Moshiri on this forum but some of the ones I have read should be ashamed of themselves. This man came in from nowhere 2 years ago owing Everton nothing and splashed the cash for us. at least giving us hope, just remember when Moysey was in charge we did not have 2 pennies to rub together and I for one would dread the day if he should walk away. An old saying, just be careful what you wish for, and I for one would like to say Mr Moshiri you have got my support.
I think most are very supportive of him , but the fact remains that the two years of his tenure has seen us slip backwards and the question should be asked.. Why ?????????
If the promise of the new stadium was not there I think things would look as bleak as any time in the last decade.

He certainly has kept his promises, the stadium seems to be moving forward and we have spent lots of money on managers and players alike... at present a lot of that seems badly spent... why ???

Spending money is not a guarantee of success for any club , it needs to be part of the overall plan and I think what people want to know is in footballing terms who is calling the shots at the club.. Moshiri himself or somebody else ?
We don't really know what the influence or Steve Walsh is but you would not be convinced if he is influential.
We don't know who recommended Koeman or Allyrdyce but it doesn't seem to be Bill Kenwright.

Moshiri doesn't have a bottomless pit of money... probably. Sooner rather later he has to see something positive coming from the playing side of the club ... what has happened on the field cannot continue, spending fortunes on managers and players who do not deliver.
Can you imagine another two years similar to the last two ?

I don't think this is criticism I think it is reality.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back