Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
@Steve Wigan knows Bill through stage shows iirc

Wrong. I had one 'conversation' with BK many years ago standing at the back of the Playhouse Theatre. It was so brief I can quote it exactly.
Me;' Do you think it(the show) will get to London?'
Bill K; 'It needs a lot of work before that' End of conversation.
As I have stated previously, a few years ago I nearly had lunch with Bill, Tommy Steele and Laurie Mansfield, but the party I was invited by could not get over from the US due to illness.
I don't think any of the above qualifies me as 'knowing' Bill Kenwright.

Mosh is alright by me, by and large.
Especially if he gets the new stadium built.
Debt has gone, and there has been spend on what should be the makings of a good team.

His 3 cockups have been keeping Kenwright and Elstone on, stinking the place out.
Appointing Walsh as DoF - disappointing so far, to say the least.
And appointing the worst football 'manager' in the history of Everton Football Club - Sam Allardyce - when his arse went in November, effectively writing off what remained of the season, lowering expectations and probably setting us back another year or two in terms of the players we can attract in the Summer.

He should lay off trying to pick his own players though.
That remark about Tosun does his cred no favours.
What did he say about TOsun, missed it?

I dont know why football clubs never manage their managers

Arsenal is a good comparison - they have a brilliant manager in Wenger, who about 7 years ago needed to be guided on what to do next . Someone should have told him to get in new coaches, and change the dynamic.

Similarly, Koeman might have worked, or even Martinez, if they had been line managed. Martinez could have just worked with a defensive, or balanced focus, and Koeman with a 'football philosophy' and transfer policy.

The DOF can NEVER be the boss of the manager, and there's clearly a rubbish hierarchy, and no clear sense on where you have to report to.

Moshiri is the boss, I think, but his day to day rep should be the CHief Executive, the boss of the DoF and Manager.
Moshiri needs to bring in:

1) Football and Sports experts on the board
2) a proper Chief Executive
3) A football philosophy
4) A broom sweeping through the club, with grass roots and First team all meeting in the middle with proper coaching etc

You know that Kings Dock mate? Yeah....
Yep I do, something that didnt happen, unlike these that did, and really shouldnt of done, ok maybe not so much Koeman but Walsh? And Sam is as low as we have been for a long time.
Yeah the dock didnt happen, neither did the relegation worry we had earlier this season and being in such a mess we needed Sam to save us
Bill was working pre sky money, Moshiri has no financial worries at all

Mosh is alright by me, by and large.
Especially if he gets the new stadium built.
Debt has gone, and there has been spend on what should be the makings of a good team.

His 3 cockups have been keeping Kenwright and Elstone on, stinking the place out.
Appointing Walsh as DoF - disappointing so far, to say the least.
And appointing the worst football 'manager' in the history of Everton Football Club - Sam Allardyce - when his arse went in November, effectively writing off what remained of the season, lowering expectations and probably setting us back another year or two in terms of the players we can attract in the Summer.

He should lay off trying to pick his own players though.
That remark about Tosun does his cred no favours.
Big Sam was the right call. Who knows where we would be otherwise. The season was practically over by that point. The only thing we could achieve was safety and on top of that a respectable league finish which we will probably do.

A few more defeats around that time and we would be close to relegation and I doubt these players have the mentality to get out of that kind of situation.

But firing him in the summer is also the right call.

Sam was the right call?????? Never. You think there wasn’t another manager that could have done what he’s done or better? There is absolutely no way on this earth anyone could ever say that Sam was the right call. He’s one of the worst appointments that’s ever been. The majority (all?) want him out 3 months in!!! In what way can you say that his appointment was right?

Mosh scouted him (or pretty much words to that effect)
He saw Monaco vs Besictas and Tosun demolished ‘us’, that’s what put him on the radar
IIRC he also said "He looked great in the games we saw him, then again it might have be a flash in the pan".

The feller's a nuisance.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back