Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He's an accountant! If he cant forensically look at the numbers of deals put to him then I dont know what's to become of this club.

Yes he's an accountant, he's also the clubs majority shareholder as well as running other aspects of his business, he gives the ok when briefed. It's up to Bill or Suntan or whoever to negotiate these deals and they are failing at it badly

The contract situation was different for El Gaffer. He performed brilliantly in season one and the club understandably felt the need to see off any poachers. That is a world away from handing a blank piece of paper to Koeman to write his own terms.
Where did they both finish in the league at the end of their first season ?

Koeman was more highly regarded than Martinez was off the back of a very good season with Southampton and was able to demand better conditions and in a better position to demand those terms.

Situations were different but Martinez bled us just as badly as Koeman... but that is the industry they both work in.

Yes he's an accountant, he's also the clubs majority shareholder as well as running other aspects of his business, he gives the ok when briefed. It's up to Bill or Suntan or whoever to negotiate these deals and they are failing at it badly
But if it was such a bad deal then he had the right to get involved...he does with transfers and the stadium.

Where did they both finish in the league at the end of their first season ?

Koeman was more highly regarded than Martinez was off the back of a very good season with Southampton and was able to demand better conditions and in a better position to demand those terms.

Situations were different but Martinez bled us just as badly as Koeman... but that is the industry they both work in.
Let's face it: panic set in over whether Moshiri could get Koeman and he caved in and doubled the wages. Same panic happened over Allardyce...and goodness knows what he's getting and will get in a severance package. I bet Sam's got him done up like a kipper.

Lets be honest here, no one predicted either would go to international management, I doubt this would even be news if Koeman had gone to another club job
...but he did, and that's what good negotiators do: prepare for such an eventuality and rule it out with a clause.

...but he did, and that's what good negotiators do: prepare for such an eventuality and rule it out with a clause.

The thing is, the club has to protect itself here and 1 of the ways it does that is make sure theres no break clauses.

The club had to make the deal and plan for Koeman being a success, in order to add a break clause it would have left itself open for him leaving after a successful season. In the clubs ideal world Koeman would have got us 4th in his 2nd season then we would have had Barca and Arsenal coming in and getting him away from us, with the way they contract was they would have had to pay us 6m compo.

As it was, he fell so fast and so quickly that we were forced to sack him before he had even completed 18months of his very hefty contract.

Its unlikely Koeman would have signed a 1 sided contract which allowed us to sack him when we wanted without any cost, so as I mention above, that leaves a break clause which wasnt in our best interests.

Lets be honest here, no one predicted either would go to international management, I doubt this would even be news if Koeman had gone to another club job
At least with the BFS he cant go off with his severance and manage England.... He'll probably sign up to manage dubai or some such fat contract and no hard work!

Let's face it: panic set in over whether Moshiri could get Koeman and he caved in and doubled the wages. Same panic happened over Allardyce...and goodness knows what he's getting and will get in a severance package. I bet Sam's got him done up like a kipper.
I agree with this, but you have to admit, it doesn't exactly sit right with your other post where you call him a carpet muncher does it?

The thing is, the club has to protect itself here and 1 of the ways it does that is make sure theres no break clauses.

The club had to make the deal and plan for Koeman being a success, in order to add a break clause it would have left itself open for him leaving after a successful season. In the clubs ideal world Koeman would have got us 4th in his 2nd season then we would have had Barca and Arsenal coming in and getting him away from us, with the way they contract was they would have had to pay us 6m compo.

As it was, he fell so fast and so quickly that we were forced to sack him before he had even completed 18months of his very hefty contract.

Its unlikely Koeman would have signed a 1 sided contract which allowed us to sack him when we wanted without any cost, so as I mention above, that leaves a break clause which wasnt in our best interests.
Both the Martinez and Koeman examples underline that Everton cant afford to be copper-bottoming itself from a poaching club. What's the likelihood a manager of this club will be so successful he'd be the subject of enquiries from Barcelona or other global power? And if they are successful then we attract a replacement that\s as good to pick up the pieces.

Both the Martinez and Koeman examples underline that Everton cant afford to be copper-bottoming itself from a poaching club. What's the likelihood a manager of this club will be so successful he'd be the subject of enquiries from Barcelona or other global power? And if they are successful then we attract a replacement that\s as good to pick up the pieces.

Well Moyes left us for United..............

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back